• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Freak To Evolve Pokémon World Further In 2013

Danielsan

Make a full fledged 3D console game with Journey/Dark Souls esque online as well as standard online battle . For crying out loud. How this is still not a thing completely blows my mind. I guess it's just Nintendo being cheap skates. Why bother with a 3D console game when the handheld games are relatively cheap to produce and sell millions of copies.

Perhaps some day...

CorvoSol

Charizard being Fire/Dragon would screw with balance horribly.

In the first place, becoming Fire/Dragon would remove his Water weakness. You don't remove the simple rock paper scissors balance from the starters.

Also, Charizard isn't Fire/Dragon because he's not really a "dragon."

Dragon type Pokemon tend to be rare and "special". If you're a Dragon type, it's making some point about the Pokemon.

Dude, how is Charizard not a Dragon?

Looks like a Dragon.
Was used by the Dragon Champion.
Learns such moves as Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse.
Can be taught things like Outrage and Hyperbeam.

All he's missing is to be a Dragon. Flying is a crappy sub-type that hurts more Pokemon than it's ever helped. Brother needs some recognition and to become a Dragon. Especially since in Gen IV and Gen V you have to work to get a Charizard anyway.

harmonize

Knowing the anime, It will have something like a Orange League/Battle Frontier arc to stretch it out
Episode N
, which they would have to stretch out for quite an unpresedented amount of time to meet a 2014 VI release (or add another filler arc directly after it, which seems even less likely).

gosox333

Knowing the anime, It will have something like a Orange League/Battle Frontier arc to stretch it out

That's actually what they're doing right now with it. They're just starting one of their filler stories because they finished the league and there isn't another region to move onto yet.

DonMigs85

Dude, how is Charizard not a Dragon?

Looks like a Dragon.
Was used by the Dragon Champion.
Learns such moves as Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse.
Can be taught things like Outrage and Hyperbeam.

All he's missing is to be a Dragon. Flying is a crappy sub-type that hurts more Pokemon than it's ever helped. Brother needs some recognition and to become a Dragon. Especially since in Gen IV and Gen V you have to work to get a Charizard anyway.

Same deal with Gyarados. Both would be too strong if they were dragon instead of flying.

Reminds me of a comic I love

dragonite_by_jhallpokemon-d32xk0n.png

Kitoro

I'd prefer a reboot to be honest. I hate how the EVs, IVs, and broken legendaries/abilities make random online matchmaking only for the super hardcore/hackers.

I wish it was all about the strategy, rather than all about the meticulous time sink or hacking.

I guess what would do me right is a new 3DS Pokemon TCG RPG with 3D model represented battles. I'd love that so much.

Oersted

I'd prefer a reboot to be honest. I hate how the EVs, IVs, and broken legendaries/abilities make random online matchmaking only for the super hardcore/hackers.

I wish it was all about the strategy, rather than all about the meticulous time sink or hacking.

I guess what would do me right is a new 3DS Pokemon TCG RPG with 3D model represented battles. I'd love that so much.

Something along those lines is very likely to happen.

In The Games Department: Pokémon - January 8th Reveal

At the end of a Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 trailer being aired in Japan, a teaser cropped up, being shared around the internet through Twitter, at the end and has stated that the next big news regarding Pokémon will be revealed on January 8th 2013. It's currently unknown what this news is, whether it's related to current games, such as a new WiFi event or if it's a new game reveal. We'll be sure to post the new information, whatever it is, as soon as it is revealed.

4Vro7.jpg

I won't post the source because I think they have scans, not sure.

IHaveIce

Banned
Maybe if they really invent the game somehow new, making a story that matters, a better post-story experience and yes some mmo featuers I would go back.

And no I dont need again some new Pokemon, no hate against the newer ones( because I don't know them) but just pushing out more and more pokemon without doing a interesting basegame doesn't bring anyone back.

But yeah a comment on a christmas card means nothing

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
"What?
Pokemon World is evolving!"
"Congratulations! Your Pokemon World evolved into Shitty 3D!"

I'd love to shake the hand of the one who created those comics! XD

I'll be in the hospital on the 8th for a surgery, all the more exciting, if it's a great announcement, my fondly remembered days of being on the computer in the hospital will have another one added to it. :)

Hey, when you've been in the hospital so many times with over 60 surgeries under your belt, you grow to love hospitals. :) What a time to chillax. XD

I'd love to shake the hand of the one who created those comics! XD

I'll be in the hospital on the 8th for a surgery, all the more exciting, if it's a great announcement, my fondly remembered days of being on the computer in the hospital will have another one added to it. :)

Hey, when you've been in the hospital so many times with over 60 surgeries under your belt, you grow to love hospitals. :) What a time to chillax. XD

60 surgeries? Jesus. Mind if I ask if it's profession related or ailment?

Well it's all been around the bowel system, I was born with an illness that's atually been passed from my dad, and from his dad.

My dad passed away from issues related to it, a lot of which I do share, but there are also key differences.

Oh, okay. Sorry to hear about your dad, man, and I hope you overcome it permanently.

Well it's all been around the bowel system, I was born with an illness that's atually been passed from my dad, and from his dad.

My dad passed away from issues related to it, a lot of which I do share, but there are also key differences.

I really hope you can manage to watch Pokémon Smash while in the hospital, and pump up the volume everytime the girl screams.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Eggs are somehow worse than a chandelier, a freaking ice cream and some cogs?
Yeah right.

THEY'RE SEEDS! That's why they evolve into a tree. Egg to tree makes no sense. You praise the first gen and yet you can't even get basic Pokéfacts right!

Raven77

It better be 3D

OR very very high quality gorgeous 2D with smooth animations (I would actually prefer this OVER 3D...)

Nilaul

It better be 3D

OR very very high quality gorgeous 2D with smooth animations (I would actually prefer this OVER 3D...)

How about that combined with 3D like rayman on 3ds.
However I really want full explorable 3d environment with a zelda like camera (where the camera follows behind the character)

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
How does Gates of Infinity look to you?

Honestly? Not that bad. The environments don't look as barren as I'd have thought, but the Pokemon themselves look too much like toys. I'd just prefer they stick to sprites, but then again, I generally prefer games with sprites as opposed to 3D.

This whole thing is giving me SERIOUS 2010 flashbacks.

DECEMBER: Movie announced featuring shiny versions of known legendaries and an incomplete title. (Legendary Beasts/ Genesect)
LATE DECEMBER/ EARLY JANUARY: Merchandise for said movie revealed: featuring hidden merchandise shadowed out to protect mystery Pokemon
JANUARY: Announcement for the future of the series: New RPGs announced in 2010, Game Freak's promise to evolve the world of Pokemon and whatever this January 8th announcement is.

We can probably expect a new Pokemon or two to be announced in February, and a full blowout in April.

Top Bottom