• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer cover today - Evolve (Turtle Rock's next shooter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOHIPEET

Sony announcing a new console, a top of the line, hardcore gaming machine for 699.

Ok I really deserve the prize for the most ridiculous speculating post of 2014.

Tripon

First of all, I think people need to chill out. He's gone for like... what? 1 day? 2 days? First time I saw someone who contributed a lot to this website get banned, I thought it was harsh. Then all of a sudden they're back within the week. I wish instead of saying "banned", it said something like "suspended".

If it was anything like my ban, its two weeks. Its a long time for one word. And again, if the intention was to stop thread derailing, it already affected multiple threads, the original and this one.

SgtCobra

What the fuck am I reading about a FFVII remake? Where was the post/thread in question? I'm sorry for derailing the thread but...??????

No Man's Sky was never actually shown to be a part of any certain platform of development right?

I'm guessing No Mans Sky , PC / PS4 exclusive ( with help from ICE )

Pudge

Half Life 3 announced at the Valve CES show with the Game Informer cover tomorrow.

Stranger things have happened.

Half Life 3, Gabe giving reasons why they don't pump out half life titles and the Steam Box. It doesn't need to be an exclusive for Valve to take all the attention away esp if it runs on linux without DX 11. Could it be the first major AAA title built for Linux from the ground up, and perhaps that's why it's taking so long?

Fall Out 4
Lots of buzz about this one, the site tease a month or so ago was definitely a hoax but it could have been an internal hoax to get people talking. Timed Leaks are not something new. Then, that casting leak following said leak.

Halo 5/ or Black Tusk
Both these teams have been super quite, but the rumors swirl around Halo 5. We had an accidental reveal of a possible name, and a confirmation that it's coming in 2014. Confirmation of 2014 happening right before a cover reveal seems ominous.

Black Tusk...
the mystery title that was teased at E3 but nobody has any clue about and could potentially cause people to get moist everywhere. Right now imo it's about as mysterious as the current state of The Last Guardian.

Last Guardian.
Sony could easily do a re reveal of this game and talk about it's new features on the PS4 to keep the hype up for a full E3 demo.

Neiteio

Regarding this announcement, I'd be excited by a Red Dead Redemption 2, or a Demon's Souls 2. But... neither would make people "flip out." That would suggest some sort of betrayalton or impossible comeback (Half-Life 3? Shenmue 3? Nah).

Whatever it is, I hope the cover has some color. It's ridiculous how dark and drab the majority of Game Informer covers have been. My subscription is piling up and at a glance they all look black and white. :-\

wizzbang

Banned
https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/420290822291333121

DsyMrvx.jpg

@GI_AndyMc 12:30 PM
And for those asking for the definition of Next Gen in that tease, you will find out platforms tomorrow

@Andrew_Reiner 12:47 PM
Tomorrow's cover reveal is something different. Excited to see what you all think!

I seriously don't think I've seen a "our cover will be amazing honest" news article / post / rumour that has panned out to actually be interesting in over a decade,..... they are seriously always something lame. Just hype to sell magazines at a guess?

Did these "teasers" ever amount to anything really mindblowing? I honestly don't recall a single one.

Game Informer need to shut the fuck up. How many times have they done this now? Fishing for hits.

Regarding this announcement, I'd be excited by a Red Dead Redemption 2, or a Demon's Souls 2. But... neither would make people "flip out." That would suggest some sort of betrayalton or impossible comeback (Half-Life 3? Shenmue 3? Nah).

Whatever it is, I hope the cover has some color. It's ridiculous how dark and drab the majority of Game Informer covers have been. My subscription is piling up and at a glance they all look black and white. :-\
Don't expect much. He probably just means that it looks so cool people will flip out over it regardless. Or maybe it is an already announced game moved to next gen only like Mad Max or something.

doemaaan

Game Informer need to shut the fuck up. How many times have they done this now? Fishing for hits.

Mmmhhhh.... I wouldn't group GI with sites like Kotaku who are always fishing for hits. I also can't remember Andy hyping a cover like this before. At least not in recent times?

i-Lo

Not falling for this usual PR noise. This has been done to people one too many times. Lest you await disappointment keep that expectation in check.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Fallout 4. Do it.

Alternative guess: something Star Wars from EA

Nzyme32

So it's truely next gen, something different, and on multiple platforms but possibly not all. With Valve and Sony both being active at CES, maybe L4D3 but it's not exactly something "different" unless the game is quite different. Maybe last guardian but that will only be on one platform...I'm stumped but 9 times out of 10 these are over-hyped....

Itsfuckingnothing.gif

I highly doubt this is a pure reveal. When was the last time a game was actually REVEALED for the very first time on a Game Informer cover?

Nah, I feel No Mans Sky here. Tons of info, 8-10 pages of No Mans Sky PS4 screenshots.

That game actually did blow minds, and very little was seen.

Mifune

Mehmber
I seriously don't think I've seen a "our cover will be amazing honest" news article / post / rumour that has panned out to actually be interesting in over a decade,..... they are seriously always something lame. Just hype to sell magazines at a guess?

Game Informer reveals are often pretty cool. Bioshock, Dishonored, South Park, Alpha Protocol, Shadow of Mordor are some examples off the top of my head.

I think of the possible ideas thrown around in this thread, Left 4 Dead 3 sounds most reasonable (on PC/Steambox, XB1, PS4) for a few reasons. It's been supposedly hinted at previously, would presumably run on Source 2 (and be its launch title), and it's been a long while since L4D2's last updates came along, so there's presumably some time there for demand to be built up.

So yeah, Source 2/L4D3/Steambox-related announcement of some sort makes the most sense to me. But who knows? These things tend to get overblown anyways.

Banned
So it was originally planned for current gen but got moved to next gen?

Dragon Age: Inquisition?
Or a true KOTOR III?

So it was originally planned for current gen but got moved to next gen?

Dragon Age: Inquisition?
Or a true KOTOR III?

Inquisition is still coming out for 360 and PS3 and GI did a cover on it not too long ago if I remember correctly so I highly doubt it's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom