• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: December Cover - Mass Effect Andromeda (not out yet, leaked)

Trace

Banned
More Krogans, jetpacks, Asari, new races, all the good stuff.

This game is going to special.

if the hero is anything like the one they showed in the 4k tech demo, then hes just another douche. nobody will surpass space jesus commander shepard.

Don't be like that, Ryder is a cool dude/girl that doesn't afraid of anything.

Linkyn

Definitely a 'wait for reviews' for me after both 2 and 3 disappointed. Artstyle looks on point though, I like the slight style tweaks they've shown off so far.

I get the sentiment, but how would this help? Both of those games reviewed very well. Sounds more like you were hoping to get something closer to the original, which I'm not sure you'll get with Andromeda, either.

I really wanted to get excited but secretly I fear the game is going to be a massive disappointment, like Dragon Age 3. I don't have that much trust that Bioware is able to make good games anymore.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's in game?

This is what a game designed to run at twice the framerate on the same engine looks like:

30394448831_bdd7957674_o.jpg

After how disappointing Mass Effect 3 was as a whole, I'm remaining skeptical of this one. Bioware has a lot to do to get me interested in this series again.

Smoolio

I think the Asari looks great, but I hope its not another Asari that gets the favourite child treatment Liara got, in terms of content I mean.

I hope the animations in ME:A will be up to par with the visual fidelity

(leans back with crossed arms)

Anyone think that Asari party member looks generic?

I don't, she looks a lot different from other Arasi who usually look very conservative or like they're living the corporate dream. This one looks like she's a cheap thief from Omega, like she's pissed off one too many Krogan and decided to basically abandon her life as a thieving street orphan.

Garlador

They're still trying to figure out how to justify making you re-buy the DLC separate from the remaster release.

Which, of course, would be missing the point.

Even people who just want a bundled collection just want an actual release with all content included. That's never happened, and that blows my mind.

Much as I loved the ME trilogy (including 3), I can't help but feel extremely skeptical about this, especially after Bioware said something to the effect that DA: Inquisition (which burned me real hard) was going to be their model for future projects. They're gonna have to do some hard selling to get me on board this time.

Ridesh

Banned
I don't, she looks a lot different from other Arasi who usually look very conservative or like they're living the corporate dream. This one looks like she's a cheap thief from Omega, like she's pissed off one too many Krogan and decided to basically abandon her life as a thieving street orphan.

Yep, exactly

aria_t__loak_12_by_johntesh-d51rlr9.jpg

Lt-47

Patryn

Weird.

I thought for sure EA would put those out.

For the longest time EA kept putting out public statements that they were against remasters. That changed several months back when an executive made a statement that they were now looking at remasters, hinting heavily at a Mass Effect remaster.

However, in the wake of that statement, there were indications that this change in attitude was a surprise to Bioware and they hadn't been secretly working on a remaster all this time.

So where it currently stands appears to be that there likely will be a remaster in the future, but the odds of it coming out before Andromeda does looks to be close to zero, unless it's the most half-assed remaster possible.

For the longest time EA kept putting out public statements that they were against remasters. That changed several months back when an executive made a statement that they were now looking at remasters, hinting heavily at a Mass Effect remaster.

However, in the wake of that statement, there were indications that this change in attitude was a surprise to Bioware and they hadn't been secretly working on a remaster all this time.

So where it currently stands appears to be that there likely will be a remaster in the future, but the odds of it coming out before Andromeda does looks to be close to zero, unless it's the most half-assed remaster possible.

Mass Effect Trilogy, 1080p, maybe 60 FPS and maybe graphical enchantments AND with all the DLC. GOD DAMN SON!

Mass Effect Trilogy, 1080p, maybe 60 FPS and maybe graphical enchantments AND with all the DLC. GOD DAMN SON!

I would love this too, but we all know any remaster will be 30fps. The chances of a remaster seem very slim to me know, if it did happen I would think ME Andromeda would have to be moved to late 2017/2018.

Always look forward to ME, hope they bring back the coop multiplayer from ME3 and they stay away from PvP.

Ovek

7Member7
I hope the animations in ME:A will be up to par with the visual fidelity

From what we have seen from the PS4 Pro reveal... Yeah might be better waiting for the media blow out n N7 day to make any final conclusions.

Kyonashi

What? ME2 dissapointed you? Damn, I could understand 3, but the second one was great! Building team was awesome :)

Nah that's exactly what I didn't like. The whole game felt like 'Mission to recruit person A, Mission to gain loyalty of person A, Mission to recruit person B, Mission to gain loyalty of person B, rinse, repeat, final mission, end.'

There was no variety or dynamic structure and I found the plotline very dull because of it. The whole thing was like a superhero origin story, boring as heck.

Patryn

I would love this too, but we all know any remaster will be 30fps. The chances of a remaster seem very slim to me know, if it did happen I would think ME Andromeda would have to be moved to late 2017/2018.

Always look forward to ME, hope they bring back the coop multiplayer from ME3 and they stay away from PvP.

Given that I doubt that a remaster would be ready until Fall 2017 at the earliest, I doubt they'd delay the next game in the series in order to get a remaster out first.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nah that's exactly what I didn't like. The whole game felt like 'Mission to recruit person A, Mission to gain loyalty of person A, Mission to recruit person B, Mission to gain loyalty of person B, rinse, repeat, final mission, end.'

There was no variety or dynamic structure and I found the plotline very dull because of it. The whole thing was like a superhero origin story, boring as heck.
Add the fact that every other character had a daddy issue and it made the cast feel more immature than the Persona 4 cast.

mabec

Liara is the only character that can pull me in to Mass Effect again, or at least her long lost Asari sister.

Anyone think that Asari party member looks generic?

She looks different from any Asari I can remember. I quite like her look. I know people often talk about how and outfit is unpractical or something but depending on how much customization there is for squad members it at least gives her a unique/signature look, which I guess is of importance for BW's artists and character designers.

I like that the art style seems like a mesh of 1 (a slightly smoother, more retro aesthetic) and something more detailed/colorful of 2 and 3 (without going into 90s comic book xtreme lines etc).

Jawmuncher

The only thing I feel ME1 did better than 2&3 was better dialog choices.

Exploring was so boring in ME1. It along with the mako was nothing but busy work to extend the game. Which is why I prefer 2&3. Didn't mind them streamlining and improving the most important elements.

levyjl1988

Banned
I'm really skeptical on this. I invested pretty heavily on DA:I only for it to suck and me putting it down in an hour. I liked the linearity and focus of the last two. Being too open world and random shit scattered everywhere lost my focus and attention in the first 30min similar to what Assassin's Creed titles do with the map covered in shit collectables that have no purpose but to fuel OCD collectors, derail pacing, and make the game a chore. Rather it immersing me in the world I was overwhelmed and stopped playing altogether. I went to games like Dark Souls where the focus was there and each collectable served a purpose in it actually surviving in the world with consumables and higher end gear strategically placed. Seems like they are just picking anyone off the streets to be a game designer rather than actually using critical thinking skills to create a more intrinis indepth world.

Lime

Given that I doubt that a remaster would be ready until Fall 2017 at the earliest, I doubt they'd delay the next game in the series in order to get a remaster out first.

If ME1 got the same treatment as COD4 or Skyrim, I'd be happy as a clam. I wonder if they would just throw the game into a newer version of UE3 (or even UE4) and try to fix all the errors that would entail, or if they would just use Frostbite. It would be quite the (costly) task to have 3 different games with 3 different engine versions be remastered into a newer engine.

From a business & branding perspective, it would make sense to have a remaster trilogy in between Andromeda and the next Mass Effect game.

bunkitz

HEYOOO.

Honestly... It doesn't really look great. I mean, shit, I'm excited that it's Andromeda, but the cover itself is pretty damn boring.

AerialAir

Banned
Definitely a 'wait for reviews' for me after both 2 and 3 disappointed. Artstyle looks on point though, I like the slight style tweaks they've shown off so far.

I enjoyed 2 and 3. DA:I though, I cannot trust BioWare day one after that, I need them reviews this time.

I try to stay pretty reserved in general about new stuff being released. People in this thread are really setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Fuck that, I have a raging salmon.

Top Bottom