• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer March Cover: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Chobel

Having a PS4 devkit is not that weird guys, CD is making games other than RoTR, presumably the new Hitman and the new Deus Ex.

EDIT: OK, wrong info
Hitman is IO Interactive and Deus Ex is Eidos Montreal. All different developper under Eidos and of course SE.

Blablurn

I don't care for what console it comes out. I'm just happy about the existance of this title. When I played the first one, I already asked myself how they want to improve this title. But it seems like Rise of the Tomb Raider is more than just an evolution of the original formula. It looks like it goes deeper than that. Just look at the gameplay additions or the new locations. Lara is on fire. Probably more than ever before. This game will be heavy. Heavy and glorious. Microsoft better spend dat marketing money by the end of the year. Considering all the new additions I think that the game deserves all the spotlight it can get.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really wish we would get a TR game where it's just you vs the environment. Fuck humans. Fuck human combat. Fuck supporting characters. I'll tolerate it if it's enjoyable enough, but I play a TR game for the challenges the environment itself offers, not the combat.

Bayo2GOTY

Banned
The decision to set this game in cold climate and hide the games most redeeming features behind a giant red bubble jacket makes me question every other game design decision they will make as well... looks like ill be skipping this one

VinFTW

The decision to set this game in cold climate and hide the games most redeeming features behind a giant red bubble jacket makes me question every other game design decision they will make as well... looks like ill be skipping this one
Uhh

where's your source that TR sold twice as well on ps4 than on xbone?

A4QDfXUl.jpg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Your username couldn't be more appropriate.

TRDE was just a port though, and from an external studio. RoTR will most likely perform better since CD is the one doing the development internally.

If this game comes out at 60 fps, I'll use your shitty Knack avatar for 3 months. If not, you have to use it again for 3 months.

No no no no.

You can't hide features behind a red bubble jacket. Features are not tangible things.

What you mean to say is "assets."

assets.

Really enjoyed the reboot so much that I bought it twice and the sequel sounds very promising. Not happy at all with this timed exclusivity, but it's just business(feels personal). :(

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
xxracerxx said:
That is it....nothing else has stuck with me, nothing.
I've been playing it last week(last cutscene...er... fight left) and your summary is spot on in terms of what I remember of the story(or characters).
Here's hoping they don't blow the budget on bad story cinematics this time around (let U4 do that if NDD still feels they need to).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I saw this on Twitter but not in the thread. Legit?

O_O JONAH'S BACK!? I'm glad. He was the only characters i legitimately liked. Reyes was a bitch, and all the others were just sockpuppets to get killed.

I thought they were just going to ignore the characters who survived the end of the last game, but no! Glad there is continuity there

i-Lo

Thus far, it looks pretty. TRDE made a number of changes to her face but the poly upgrades were concentrated on the face; the rest of her suffer unless she was clad in one of the full sleeve garments. Hopefully, now that the game is being developed for current gen from ground up sans the port done by another studio, greater poly detail will be injected to all aspects of her and environmental design.

I enjoyed TRDE and hope this also succeeds both critically and commercially. I shall play it when it arrives on PS4 (provided I still lack an xbone then).

NPD from month of release :http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768743

Hitman is IO Interactive and Deus Ex is Eidos Montreal. All different developper under Eidos and of course SE.
wow.
He'll probably be waiting six months, give or take. That's not that long when you consider the number of games that are releasing between now and then.
but mS is publishing the game. doesn't that mean the wait is gonna be longer than usual?
You don't want to read that link.

EDIT : beaten
yes I did.
damn. well let's all be optimistic that this'll be a system seller, but considering all the things said and done about this being risky, I don't think I can keep my hopes up.

Toa TAK

Banned
O_O JONAH'S BACK!? I'm glad. He was the only characters i legitimately liked. Reyes was a bitch, and all the others were just sockpuppets to get killed.

I thought they were just going to ignore the characters who survived the end of the last game, but no! Glad there is continuity there

But what about SAAAAM!?

EGM1966

Monumental success? I thought SE weren't happy with initial Tomb Raider sales on PC/PS3/360 before getting it on PS4/XB1 saved the day somewhat?

Still not convinced this play by SE is going to pan out even with MS marketing behind it.

The bulk of the existing audience for the reboot is on Playstation it seems (from various sources including the noted Tweet) and I really doubt XB1/360 on their own can deliver enough grow on Xbox platforms to cover the gap so SE is taking a risk delaying releasing on those platforms (at this point I can't believe SE seriously intend to reply purely on Xbox).

Chobel

If this game comes out at 60 fps, I'll use your shitty Knack avatar for 3 months. If not, you have to use it again for 3 months.

First of all: Knack avatar is not shitty, it's the best avatar ever created.
LOL! Who I am fucking kidding here?
Second: I'll take the bet, so get ready, because you'll be joining the knack army.

Green Yoshi

"It's less about, let's say, what is Tomb Raider, it's more about how do we top what we did last time"

Then stop calling it Tomb Raider and build your own franchise without screwing up existing ones!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
But what about SAAAAM!?

Let me guess, love triangle between Sam, Lara and Jonah xD

No but seriously, Sam is just a citizen damsel, unless she buffs up like Lara to be more capable, being in the game seems farfetched..

EGM1966

The wait for the PS4 version is going to be rough.

Pure speculation on my part but I'll be surprised if its a very long wait. I'm more than happy to wait for the inevitable PC/PS4 version that should offer better performance.

To be fair I found reboot solid but not amazing so I'm not hyped just intending to get around to it at some point which does make being patient easier.

History shows that your posts are consistently terrible but this really takes the cake.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
More stuff from the article.

- At least two different locations across the globe.
- Jonah is back from the first game
- Environment itself as the main antagonist.
- Cloth and herb to heal wounds.
- More than one of each weapon type.
- Variety of bows with different attributes.
- Weather system that animals and human enemies react to.
- Not sure if they confirmed a day night cycle or not, they mentioned "animals reacting to" time of day.
- Hub areas are two to three times bigger than previous game.
- Lara can climb trees, hide in bushes, swim.
- Pushing for pre planning aspect to engaging in combat, though sneaking past everyone isnt the goal.
- Tools for distracting enemies and luring them where you want them.
- You can lose the enemies after engaging them.
- Game informer says combat reminds them of the Last of Us.
- CD talks about doing more with tombs and puzzles this time around.

So they copied Uncharted first and now TLOU

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

Can't wait to play it on my PC or PS4

Lol. There are plenty of other games for tits and ass, go play one of those.

The wait for the PS4 version is going to be rough.
TBH Uncharted 4 is going to make most PS4 owners forget this game even exists, 'least until after the holidays.

Which works out perfectly because that's when a PS4 version would show up, assuming MS doesn't get full exclusivity between now and summer.

StAidan

I won't be able to play this until the Steam release, but man I'm hyped for this game. I'll be disappointed if they significantly emphasize more puzzles, but I guess I'll live as long as most of them are optional.

Top Bottom