• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer played through MGS Ground Zeroes' main mission in [1.5hrs, not rushing]

Batzi

Banned
well done that is the most blatantly ignorant fanboyish statement I've seen on gaf. and I am a metal gear fan but fans shouldn't ever just willingly accept something cos of a name on a box; that's being a sheep not a fan.

name on the box? Peace Walker is my favourite game in the series and GZ+TPP is following the same pattern, how can I not be excited for this? I haven't played a new MGS game since Peace Walker which is almost 4 years now and almost 6 years since a console MGS. I don't want to wait any longer and for me 40$ is absolutely nothing for a series that I adore and appreciate so much.

Sojgat

LOL, EB Games has the PS4 release listed at $89.95 AUD. That's the version Kojima says he wants people to play right?

AHA-Lambda

name on the box? Peace Walker is my favourite game in the series and GZ+TPP is following the same pattern, how can I not be excited for this? I haven't played a new MGS game since Peace Walker which is almost 4 years now and almost 6 years since a console MGS. I don't want to wait any longer and for me 40$ is absolutely nothing for a series that I adore and appreciate so much.

sorry but after saying "how can a metal gear fan not buy this on day one? you're all hypocrites" I'm not taking you as a bastion of impartiality here.

it took you 4 hours to complete the Tanker mission? wow you must suck a lot at the games..

Jesus, man. Why so defensive? You'll play the game March 18 and get the most out of it, I'm sure. Do you really care that much if no one else does? No need to attack others for not feeling the need to spend their hard-earned money where they don't see fit.

Batzi

Banned
Jesus, man. Why so defensive? You'll play the game March 18 and get the most out of it, I'm sure. Do you really care that much if no one else does? No need to attack others for not feeling the need to spend their hard-earned money where they don't see fit.

I am not being defensive, but a lot of people here are misleading others and that creates confusion among the fans. I was "sent" to clear those confusions out.

Jarmel

Banned
most irresponsible statement on GAF.

It's an absolutely scary trend where developers might think it's acceptable to release a quarter of a game and charge $40 for it. We're already getting games with shorter campaigns and less value already so they can charge for DLC.

I hope this absolutely flat lines.

icespide

Banned
It's an absolutely scary trend where developers might think it's acceptable to release a quarter of a game and charge $40 for it. We're already getting games with shorter campaigns and less value already so they can charge for DLC.

it's not a trend yet

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I am not being defensive, but a lot of people here are misleading others and that creates confusion among the fans. I was "sent" to clear those confusions out.

iXVOup7bLhylC.png

Batzi

Banned
sorry but after saying "how can a metal gear fan not buy this on day one? you're all hypocrites" I'm not taking you as a bastion of impartiality here.

when you quote someone, make sure you quote the actual statement with the same wording and placement of words in that statement :p

W1SSY

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

Until Game Informer states if it was to completion I fill like that picture summarizes this thread pretty well.

rvy

Banned
Chiming in to MGS threads to see this Batzi dude work as Konami PR is pretty amusing.
The official Konami PR guy who posts on NeoGAF can only dream of being this good.

I'll get $40 of enjoyment out of it regardless of length so not a big deal to me. I'm sure I'll enjoy ground zeroes much more than plenty of longer games I've played

Warewolf

First next gen Metal Gear in an open environment? Yeah, I'm sure four hours will be enough for me, I won't want to take my time or see everything it has to offer and I sure as hell won't replay it several times in anticipation of The Phantom Pain. . . .

$40 is a fucking bargain.

MormaPope

Banned
Chiming in to MGS thread to see this Batzi dude work as Konami PR is pretty amusing.
The official Konami PR guy who posts on NeoGAF can only dream of being this good.

I think that guy realizes when people actually play Ground Zeroes they'll beat the main mission in three hours, and hyping up the length only to be found out as a liar would be shitty.

icespide

Banned
I wonder if there were no physical version of this game if there would be AS much drama as there is around the price.

people would probably still bitch about $30 for next gen but not as much

You guys are delirious and lacking in reading comprehension. There is no way they meant that they actually played through the game to completion. Come on now.

Betty

Banned
I wonder if there were no physical version of this game if there would be AS much drama as there is around the price.

people would probably still bitch about $30 for next gen but not as much

If it were bundled with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, or it was $5-10 no one would have an issue.

No matter the quality of the game, this business model is already backfiring and while I'm looking forward to Ground Zeroes immensely, I really hope Kojima doesn't incorporate this game splitting method in future. At least not at such a high price.

Still going to buy it I can't wait for a new MGS anymore. I also feel like this is a badly worded statement possibly? Maybe like how people were pissed at the Rising completion times back when it was released?

icespide

Banned
If it were bundled with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, or it was $5-10 no one would have an issue.

No matter the quality of the game, this business model is already backfiring and while I'm looking forward to Ground Zeroes immensely, I really hope Kojima doesn't incorporate this game splitting method in future. At least not at such a high price.

I feel like $20 is probably the most objectively fair price for Ground Zeroes, an extra $10 tax on next-gen would not be logical but people would bite

$40 I feel is where people start to flip out

MormaPope

Banned

Fuck, why didn't they do that? Would've been a win win, Lords of Shadow 2 gets more sales and interest in MGS V goes up. I guess they crunched numbers and are willing to use their current strategy, but bundling it with LoS2 would've been perfect.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
weren't there some stats flying around awhile ago about how many people actually finish games? I bet they don't even notice

Fairly certain they will notice considering you can complete the game in a single sitting, plus it has no multiplayer component.

I've never once thought this would be a very long game, I'm not surprised.
That's why they called it a "Prologue" yet people still expect it to be 15 hours.

Meanwhile, back in November:
It looks like a full separate game. So I'd say around the same length of MGS2 or MGS3 and not the length of their prologues. Prologue does not mean short. You guys have misconceptions regarding the term "prologue". A whole game can be a prologue to another game.

RangerBAD

I feel like GZ will be significantly less content than the tanker.

I don't know about that, but I think it was counter productive to show us so much of the story. We pretty much know what's going to happen. We were all going in blind with the Tanker Mission. Peeking/Shooting around corners, holding people up, hiding bodies, etc. were so mind blowing.

MormaPope

Banned
You guys are delirious and lacking in reading comprehension. There is no way they meant that they actually played through the game to completion. Come on now.

I've always assumed "play through, playthrough" meant someone playing a game to completion. I believe that's a much safer assumption.

Top Bottom