• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer reviews Too Human. Evilore 1, Dyack 0. Who cares?! We want the BATMAN!

Christine

Mama Robotnik said:
dyackmadred.gif

I had wondered when you would get around to using this scene.

OMG :lol

dominuece

God I would love to see what Dyack brought to show-and-tell during his grade school days.

Edit: Now that think about it, he probably brought an even more under(over?)whelming version(pop up book?) of Too Human.

Danielsan

Normally I wouldn't care but after all the bullshit that Dyack has been spouting I can only rejoice that his terrible game got a nice mediocre score. Lets hope the rest of the press judges the game for what it is as well.

Also the gifs are amazing :lol

Gribbix

-Clover said:
Dear GAF,
just to remind you,someone has "The Batman" info an they wont give it to you.

whatiswrongwithyou.gif

I don't have the issue. All I've come across so far is the cover and the Too Human review.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Gribbix said:
I don't have the issue. All I've come across so far is the cover and the Too Human review.
yeah i've been searching for some info for a while (also i'm sure duckroll did) but i couldn't get a hold of anything yet.

EDIT: plus there's a thread for speculation about it :lol i wish i checked it before replying

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
`Moe Joe. said:
My friend works at an EB Games here in Australia and apparently Too Human had a quarter the amount of pre orders Halo 3 did; and he says its strange considering Too Human isn't even being advertised in their shop as a "mainstay", compared to Gears of War 2 etc.

Preorders are a strange beast though. Our store had like 15 preorders on Two Worlds (very much above average) but sales dropped like a fucking rock after that.

Now I'm not saying that Two Worlds = Too Human. I'm just saying that just because Too Human has one-third the preorders of Halo doesn't mean it'll sale at one-third the pace of Halo.

KingJ2002

figures... the demo wasnt fun...

now about that new batman... lets get some info on that.

kudos to EA for supporting an original batman game instead of a movie tie in.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
GI said:
- No health regeneration for any characters except Bio Engineer, except through health orbs that are used on contact thus causing all characters playing alone besides a Bio to die A LOT which leads to..

- Lengthy death sequence, with no way to skip.

Surely the lengthy (~15 seconds) death sequence couldn't be an incentive to stop sucking and not die?

I don't expect everyone to fall in love with Too Human, but the GI review sounds like it was written by someone who never fully "got" the game. There's absolutely no reason you should be dying often enough for the death sequence to become an issue.

Jaagen

Come on GAF. Only two gifs?

On a more serious note, this is disappointing, but I'm holding out for more reviews, before I'm deciding on buying the game or not. One thing that's really disappointing though, is that it got marked down for a bad story. Didn't SK hire in a shitload of people, just to get an deep, layered and moving story?

deepbrown

DIdn't they give Lair 9/10? If so...don't you think Gameinformer can't be trusted? Or that Game Informer inflates scores? You decide.

Edit. No they gave it 7.25 and 8.

Top Bottom