• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I actually thought that was a pretty noble condition. Just the same as what he himself received, which given he's a prince, is akin to showing some humility.

This too. He only suffered a punch and little humiliation, what should he have done? Cut the guy's hand?

Alpende

Watched it yesterday and man, this was probably one of the darkest episodes I've evers een on television in general. They burned a child, what can top that. I really wonder what's gonna happen now with Stannis, he was the man in my book and now... not so sure. On some level I kind of understand why he did it on the other hand, that was his kid. Anway, having Drogon back in action was cool, the flying looked a bit off though but it's a TV show so you can't really expect top notch CGI all the time.

Rooting for Dany now to fuck some shit up with dragons. The fighting scenes in the pit looked a bit wack though, like the choreography was not that good or something.

Carbonox

Definitely hugely disappointed in the Dorne stuff. Characters are shit, plot is shit, etc. Expected some grand repercussion from fellow Oberyn-esque badasses but nope.

Woz

I actually thought that was a pretty noble condition. Just the same as what he himself received, which given he's a prince, is akin to showing some humility.

I loved the dialogue:

Bronn: "Nice pie!"
*PUNCH!*
Doran: "Maybe you prefer a soup"

Braag

Definitely hugely disappointed in the Dorne stuff. Characters are shit, plot is shit, etc. Expected some grand repercussion from fellow Oberyn-esque badasses but nope.

I'm pretty sure Doran is up to something. He wont let his siblings murders go unpunished but he's much more calm and collective about serving justice than Oberyn was.

Brofist

Pretty much what I thought. Not everyone in the show has to be a Ramsay level psychopath

jelly

Loved the sand snake hand slapping bit. It was at least amusing.

I wonder if they filmed that in the same place and reused some Gladiator shots. Seemed familiar but maybe just the design. Hard to knock it for a TV show, budgets spent elsewhere but it does get rather bad looking some times, maybe just poor action direction and an afterthought with actors along with trying to show the bigger scale. Needs to improve a bit, a big budget shouldn't be needed for decent choreography and some good camera work.

That Drogon coming to Dany's aid was majestic as fuck, I thought he was out of control after this:

BadDrogon_LB.gif

Even dog owners know not to interrupt a dog when it's eating. Do it and you run the risk of getting bit.

Molemitts

I knew Stannis was going to do that, it was obvious. Melisandre knows exactly what she's doing sending Stannis down the slippery slope. Making him believe that he has a duty to this world and sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Stannis will believe everything she says. They were in a bad situation and this opportunity came along, Stannis was going to take it. I'm more surprised that he and his wife watched it, I would have expected them to stay as far detached from that as they could.

The sacrifice will mean that Stannis will win the battle at Winterfell though.

I knew Stannis was going to do that, it was obvious. Melisandre knows exactly what she's doing sending Stannis down the slippery slope. Making him believe that he has a duty to this world and sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Stannis will believe everything she says. They were in a bad situation and this opportunity came along, Stannis was going to take it. I'm more surprised that he and his wife watched it, I would have expected them to stay as far detached from that as they could.

He will win the battle and then get his head chopped off by either Davos or Brienne. Or both will tag team his ass. Sansa will rule Winterfell at that point. But Ramsay will not be killed. They have officially set him up as a main storyline villian.

Davos is probably going to try and kill the witch when he gets back

I'm most curious to see what happens with Dany next. I mean .... she can now ride Drogon. What now? Does she go back to Mereen to go to war with the Harpy's once and for all? Does she torch the whole damn place and march whats left of her " army " to some ships and get to Westeros. What does she do???

It is also obvious Arya is going to do something a bit reckless. I just hope the show doesn't go all Sansa on us with Arya. We need atleast one character on this show who isn't getting brutalized. It is so old at this point.

Derwind

Today any fucks that I had graciously offered up to that Stannis character is no longer available.

I will not feel a single shred of pity for him when he ultimately gets killed off the show.

Everything else was amazing about this episode.

Fanuilos

I think it is going to be something that haunts Stannis for the rest of his story in the series. As much as he believes that he's doing what he has too I think that this will be the thing that will eat him inside out. Stannis has been willing to do unspeakable things throughout the series and has shown no remorse. His face at the end of the scene is thick with doubt and remorse. Every character in this series becomes their own worst enemy, and this is going to be the event that eventually catches up with Stannis and breaks him.

Camwi

If they even get there. Stannis probably murdered his own daughter for nothing.

Also, they really shouldn't have hyped up the Unsullied as some unstoppable killing machines if they're just going to kill them off so easily again and again now. It's so stupid.

EDIT - One more thing, to hell with Stannis' wife. This woman is a complete bitch to her daughter for her entire life, and yet now she chooses to try and treat her differently? I hope she's the next to get sacrificed.

I'm pretty sure Doran is up to something. He wont let his siblings murders go unpunished but he's much more calm and collective about serving justice than Oberyn was.

He's probably poisoned everybody. That's what everyone in Dorne does all the time anyway. At least somebody should be poisoned by something slow working, or the entire prison sequence with Bronn would be pointless
except for lol tits

That's a piss poor trained dog then.

Which is pretty much what those dragons are. Only they're more like gigantic wolves with scales that can breathe out fire and also fly. Oh yeah, let's not forget the two in chains that more than likely resent her now.

She's lucky that the most aggressive of the three (Drogon) has a modicum of respect for her.

Ushay

What the flying fuck Stannis?? Just when I was starting to warm up to his character he goes and plays the desperate card. Un-fucking-believable. I hope Davos leaves his insane ass and goes to join Dany.

The fighting pit scenes were great, and that final scene was just brilliant. Overall a great episode.

What kind of weak ass God of Light, God of Fire needs a child sacrifice to melt some snow? Really?

You'd think with that sort of sacrifice you would have an entire shadow baby army at your disposal at this point.

What kind of weak ass God of Light, God of Fire needs a child sacrifice to melt some snow? Really?

You'd think with that sort of sacrifice you would have an entire shadow baby army at your disposal at this point.
Let's not talking about actual religious sacrifices though. One child is nothing.

iNvid02

its the kings blood that matters, lord of light ain't gonna discriminate if it comes from a little girl, hes progressive like that

yup the music was ace during the dragon flight. *bows before ramin*

Let's not talking about actual religious sacrifices though. One child is nothing.

I don't think the number is relevant, because she is burning people left and right all the time. It is the king's blood that makes the sacrifices powerful according to her.

That being said, a princess should get you more than some melted snow.

Doesn't the shadow assassin require essence (...) directly from the King (or King to be)? It kinda seems like it depleted Stannis in a succubus-type way so I doubt it can be done again without causing great harm (or death) to Stannis.

Vagabundo

The Unsullied are probably one of the biggest disappointments in the season. There are other problems, but I can ignore most of them, but I expected much much more of the Unsullied.

They should have been phalanxing shields just like in 300 and taking out loads of those masked morons.

Sande

The Unsullied fight with fucking spears. They're meant for large scale war with phalanx formations and so on. No wonder they're fucked when they get jumped on in alleys. In the arena once they got the chaos under control they were able to keep the harpies at bay. Of course they would have been overwhelmed by sheer numbers eventually but defending Daenerys until Drogon arrived was no small feat.

Prine

Banned
My man Jorah showing you how it is done.

bK0yDth.gif

I thought this was horribly choreographed, the Warrior just walks into his sword, he has enough time to dodge, the roll is so slow lol. Jorah isnt Jon Snow, the guy was getting sliced and hit everywhere.

They really need Spartacus guys to help them, or at least put the same effort into scenes as they did ep8 (which was stunning).

Doesn't the shadow assassin require essence (...) directly from the King (or King to be)? It kinda seems like it depleted Stannis in a succubus-type way so I doubt it can be done again without causing great harm (or death) to Stannis.

This was given as a reason not to do it again seasons ago, yeah.

I don't know why people are surprised about Stannis killing his own daughter. This was a guy that was complicit in killing his own brother, and once you go down that path it becomes a matter of how many mental hoops do you have to jump through to justify your own daughter's death.

I don't think the number is relevant, because she is burning people left and right all the time. It is the king's blood that makes the sacrifices powerful according to her.

That being said, a princess should get you more than some melted snow.
Maybe melted now means Stannis will automatically win, so sacrificing Shrireen automatically gives Stannis victory. Lord of Light killed Robb, Renly and Joffrey all by different means, melting the snow is just a means to take Winterfell.

It's not just "melted snow".

Prine

Banned
I honestly dont think Olly will kill Jon. Its too obvious now, and the show makers know it. I think he'll actually try to save Jon and the other nights watch guys will go after Jon. Perhaps die in the process.

Sande

Maybe melted now means Stannis will automatically win, so sacrificing Shrireen automatically gives Stannis victory. Lord of Light killed Robb, Renly and Joffrey all by different means, melting the snow is just a means to take Winterfell.

It's not just "melted snow".
I wouldn't count Robb and Joffrey. I doubt the Lord of Light can control people's minds and make them murder each other. Especially with a wishy washy sacrifice of burning a few drops of a king's bastard's blood.

I understand it is symbolic and all, but I dunno.

I mean, they just allowed Ramsay and 20 people to go around destroying all their siege weapons, all their food storage, etc. Now they are able to march on Winterfell.

Ok ... is the lord of light going to rebuild the siege weapons too? How do they plan on taking a rebuilt Winterfell with this morally broken " army "? They themselves couldn't win a siege seeing as they have no food. They would starve long before the Boltons would.

And with how difficult it is going to be just to take Winterfell. Good luck with that KL project Stannis. Good luck.

The only thing I can see that makes sense is someone inside Winterfell ( Sansa ) sabotaging the gates of Winterfell and getting them opened so Stannis' army can move in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom