• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who

Banned
No, he's talking about death. The faceless men recognize that death is constant, not just in life but in every religion, so they figure that's what the whole truth.

Melisandre is cruel and stern, but I don't think she's evil. Then again, I suppose that depends on how ultimately benevolent the Lord of Light is.

Haha I love how you've politely corrected my erroneous naming of like 5 characters now XD

i can't wait until the series explains all the mystical shit going on in detail and the intentions and origins of the LoL, faceless men, the children, the white walkers, etc.

Shits intriguing.

borborygmus

I mean Beric is cool but the Red Woman is obviously fucking evil so I'm not so sure about the Lord of Light.

Yeah, her methods of getting what she wants are a dead giveaway. On one hand, I'd like for her to get killed, but on the other hand, that would be an easy way to hide what she knows from the viewers. So I expect the show to kill her off before we find out what she knows. Shows tend to do that in order to maintain the mystery. :/

I'm more interested in the God that the man with many faces talked about briefly with Arya... He said there was only one God... Was he too talking about the LoL?

I think the "only one true God" thing is a claim that every religion would make, and not necessarily a reality in the world of the show.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Haha I love how you've politely corrected my erroneous naming of like 5 characters now XD

i can't wait until the series explains all the mystical shit going on in detail and the intentions and origins of the LoL, faceless men, the children, the white walkers, etc.

Shits intriguing.

I know it'd enrage the internet, but I hope they never do
KuGsj.gif

Who

Banned
KuGsj.gif

Ever since Brandon got knocked down from the window, the entire show has since just been a dream in his comatose head.

Final episode is him waking up as if nothing ever happened

:p

KuGsj.gif

Not even a little bit? Who doesn't like being teased?

Shits intriguing.

What can I say? Names fascinate me!

I'm thinking we'll probably end up with half of it answered in proper, some left wholly unexplained, and some only answered in the books or interviews.

borborygmus

Nah, I think explaining magic inherently makes it less magical. I watch the show for the characters. I've never seen a show that "explained" something mysterious well.

I don't think people want a "midichlorians" type of explanation, just some kind of plausible backstory and not a last minute asspull like LOST's urine cave.

You know... if the hound WAS brought back by the Lord of Light... You'd have The Hound indebted to a fire god. That could be fun.

Its like poetry

Seriously though, that would be an ironic and cool thing to happen. Like he was chosen by the LoL early on and the burns are suppose to remind him but he is currently blind to the LoL.

Who

Banned
Its like poetry

Seriously though, that would be an ironic and cool thing to happen. Like he was chosen by the LoL early on and the burns are suppose to remind him but he is currently blind to the LoL.

And with powers granted to him by the LoL, he would then go on to defeat his brother that gave him the scars, the Franken-Mountain.

But actually... No... I really want Arya to kill the Mountain come to think of it...

borborygmus

And with powers granted to him by the LoL, he would then go on to defeat his brother, the Franken-mountain.

But actually... No... I really want Arya to kill the Mountain come to think of it...

You know, I wonder if what Cersei's grandmaester is doing to the Mountain involves a deity of some kind. He's certainly cheating death somehow.

Who

Banned
You know, I wonder if what Cersei's grandmaester is doing to the Mountain involves a deity of some kind. He's certainly cheating death somehow.

I don't know it seems pretty sloppy and alchemy based what he's doing. There could be some divinity to it though that he could be keeping tightly under wraps..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was just thinking about this shit today but man, Jorah is a useless, shitty simp. Fuck that dude.

someday

Banned
Are there any good GoT podcasts that avoid book spoilers? Grantland does one and its alright.
A Cast of Kings is a really good one. David Chen and Joanna Robinson. He's never read the books, she has but they don't spoil anything in the show. She's just there to fill in blanks occasionally.

I'm confused about Bran's storyline...... did they write Bran, Hodor etc out of the show or will they be back ya think? They havent been in a single episode thus far

Ferrio

Banned
I'm confused about Bran's storyline...... did they write Bran, Hodor etc out of the show or will they be back ya think? They havent been in a single episode thus far

They caught up to the source material I believe. No idea if they'll be in this season myself, wouldn't be surprised though since the show is going to start spoiling book readers.

Valus

Oh... well that kinda is a downer.

I was hoping winter comes at the end of this season, but if in the books that story line is at it's end and it wasn't winter then, we're gonna have to wait a long while.

The show devs already confirmed they are going past where the books are and will spoil book readers. So I don't think they are concerned with waiting for the author to write the next book.

Creep factor? What makes her smanging that Daario guy ok and Jorah creepy?

Isn't he like twice her age? And never once made a move on her, just lusted from the distance? Daario made it clear what he wanted from the beginning, and got it. Not creepy at all.

xenist

A Cast of Kings is a really good one. David Chen and Joanna Robinson. He's never read the books, she has but they don't spoil anything in the show. She's just there to fill in blanks occasionally.

Take into advisement that Dave is not a taste everyone agrees with. Including me. He comes of as unbelievably dense sometimes. Like spending ten minutes complaining about something that the show has already explicitly explained. Joanna is great, but I just couldn't deal after a while.

Curufinwe

Take into advisement that Dave is not a taste everyone agrees with. Including me. He comes of as unbelievably dense sometimes. Like spending ten minutes complaining about something that the show has already explicitly explained. Joanna is great, but I just couldn't deal after a while.

Yeah, I already gave up on him and moved on to Game of Owns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Creep factor? What makes her smanging that Daario guy ok and Jorah creepy?

She can have sex with whoever she wants to - she doesn't owe Jorah anything, and he keeps acting like she does. Tough shit for him.

Nameless

There was a point in S2 where I think Jorah MIGHT have had a chance with Daeny but he didn't go for it.

People give J-Mo a ton of shit, but I'd be obsessed too If I saw a woman who looked like that emerge from a giant bond fire unscathed, naked, covered in Dragons. All other women pale in comparison after witnessing something like that.

There was a point in S2 where I think Jorah MIGHT have had a chance.

People give J-Mo a ton of shit, but I'd be obsessed too If I saw a woman who looked like that emerge from a giant bond fire unscathed, naked, covered in Dragons. All other women pale in comparison after witnessing something like that.

except isn't she supposed to be like 14-15 years old too?

Melisandre is the one true hottest woman in Westeros.

15 at the start of the show, yes, but it's been a few years.

In terms of years, how far are we from the first show?

The war between Rob and Lannisters was probably a year or so (given there were supposed battles which Rob won which were neve seen).

Since then there doesn't seem to be any other way to gauge how much time has past.

In terms of years, how far are we from the first show?

The war between Rob and Lannisters was probably a year or so (given there were supposed battles which Rob won which were neve seen).

Since then there doesn't seem to be any other way to gauge how much time has past.

I'm not sure if there's a solid answer, but three years is the best guess at this point.

She can have sex with whoever she wants to - she doesn't owe Jorah anything, and he keeps acting like she does. Tough shit for him.
She doesn't owe him sexy times, but she does owe him most of her victories. He guided her in her initial campaigns, captured Yunkai, and saved her from an assassination attempt in Qarth. He helped her a lot with the Dothraki diplomacy at the start as well. Besides, he showed his loyalty despite initially starting as a spy for Varys. He is a pretty great swordsman and commander on top of all. So yeah, she owes him a lot. I just don't find that he can be called creepy at all.

dLMN8R

Yeah, it was the beardy merchant guy from Pentos that gave her the eggs.

Completely forgot about that.

What's the deal there? Why did this mysterious merchant have dragon eggs to give? Are there supposed to be other dragon eggs in the world?

Zoolader

Like I said, Frankenmountain vs. Jesushound is a very real possibility IMO
Here is a crazy theory that I thought up... what if somebody came across the dying Hound and parts of him were used to save the Mountain? My theories have never been right so I can probably cross that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom