• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones season 8 might be delayed to 2019

Got

Banned
HBO fucking sucks

image.php

Rhoc

Well i hope that every episode is like watching a movie then. Show me the expensive production and go out with a bang please.

ryseing

Disagree wholeheartedly. Watching the story unravel was fantastic and the build up to the season finale was brilliant.

Damn who are these people calling west world meh.

Hollow is a more accurate description of the current state of game of thrones, a handful of episodes (Hold the door, battle of the Bastards and the season finale) prop up an otherwise average season.

I have my issues with Thrones, trust me, but I'm still watching because of the characters. I want to know what will happen to Jon, Sansa, etc. Maeve was WW's only somewhat compelling character, and her arc was very cliche.

Not trying to be a cynic. I wanted to like WW more than I did, but by the end I found myself watching out of routine instead of actively wanting to watch. It doesn't "suck" by any means, but if HBO is counting on it to be the zeitgeist Thrones replacement, they're in for a shock.

The Boat

Take as long as you need. The audience isn't going anywhere.

Can't wait to see 90 year old Maisie Williams playing young Arya.

Anyway, sucks a bit, but it's not set in stone and the logistics behind such a show are fucking insane, so I get it. On the other hand, more than one year for 6 episodes? Seems excessive.

Season 8 was a mistake. Should have just made a 13 episode final season. Iss been frustrating waiting the 3 month delay for this season, now they went to push it a year? Why?

It might be delayed to 2030 based on that answer, this is a non story.
? this doesn't make sense. the story is almost over. 1-2 years is the span the article talks about, not the exaggeration you're making.

and, the greatest tv show of all time being delayed a whole year is not a "non story".
The logistics on the show's filming are incredibly complicated and that only increases as the scale gets bigger.

The Battle of the Bastards took 25 days to film. That's insane given that most TV shows are shot in a week.
what if they began filming ASAP? the actors probably aren't going anywhere.
Because they're basically making a six-hour movie and that's really difficult to do?

Also, I may be entirely wrong, but I thing the ending of A Game of Thrones will be pretty different from A Song of Ice and Fire. The show is moving toward a good vs. evil showdown. I don't think things will be so black and white in the books.
so why not just take an entire year to film? also, what is your source that the asoiaf book series ending will be different than the adaptation?
The creators can do whatever they want. If it takes two years to make a season, then I and the rest of the world will wait two years. What does it matter? It's the most popular show on television right now despite some recent dips. I'm sure they want to stick the landing. A little more time in the writer's room, a longer production schedule, more time spent on special effects -- these things are bad to you?

I'll never understand why people get so upset at delays. There are so many excellent shows, movies, books, and video games out there, I have no problem waiting a little longer for the creators to achieve their vision.

It should also be noted that I am a huge fan of A Song of Ice and Fire. Clearly, I have no problem waiting for sequelsl. A Dance With Dragons came out six (6!) years ago next month. But I'll wait twice as long for The Winds of Winter if it's as good as the first five books.
Incorrect. As much as I hate it, the Walking Dead remains the most popular tv show, even more popular than Thrones still.

Also, I don't know how to help you understand why people get upset at delays but when they expect something they have been anticipating and plan for the time frame it comes out, no two ways about it is just disappointing to have to wait longer and readjust expectations and anticipation.
Do people complain about movie sequels being several years apart? With the way the story is heading, the final season is gonna be huge in terms of production.

How many young actors are still on this show? It's not like the kids haven't had massive growth spurts already during the 6 seasons. It was pretty funny seeing grown man Rickon last season
it depends - most tv show seasons are a year apart, most movie franchises get announcements for sequels but one film that was delayed which I was pissed off about was harry potter and the halfblood prince. it was supposed to come out in november 2008 and WB delayed it basically because they made so much money with tdk, they wanted a movie to secure box office success the following year, even though hbp was all gold wrapped up and ready to go?
The entitlement...some of you are really something else.
?

Top Bottom