• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamecube sales double in Europe

explodet

Yeah, there have been reports that it's been giving the Xbox a run for its money in the UK since the release - not surprising it's helped the rest of Europe as well.

Can't deny the draw power of the little vermin.

My friends who are casual gamers and all own ps2's played it in some store down town. They told me to go buy it.

I was shocked and awe'd

Acrylamid

Sho Nuff said:
...so you're saying, they sold the same number of units.
Assuming I understood your joke correctly, wouldn't Nintendo announce they increased their sales by 10000000000000000% ?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
DeadStar said:
Is the actual RPG/game whatever portion worth a purchase of the game itself?

Maybe. It's not exactly deep or long, but it's certainly more entertaining than the add-ons in previous Pokemon Stadium games. I found it fun enough to merit the purchase, but then I buy pretty much every RPG that's released anyway. :)

The Stadium/Coloseum section of the game is a step back from previous versions IMO (or at least not a step forward in any real way). Far too inflexible, and does very little to make use of the potential available in a GC/GBA setup.

Dead

well not really...yet
iapetus said:
Maybe. It's not exactly deep or long, but it's certainly more entertaining than the add-ons in previous Pokemon Stadium games. I found it fun enough to merit the purchase, but then I buy pretty much every RPG that's released anyway. :)

The Stadium/Coloseum section of the game is a step back from previous versions IMO (or at least not a step forward in any real way). Far too inflexible, and does very little to make use of the potential available in a GC/GBA setup.
Thanks for the impression, I was mainly interested in it for the RPG part, and since the fight part is a step back from stadium?

hmmm Ill probably wait and buy it used...

Alcibiades

anibananapurp.gif

What a ball Nintendo dropped in Europe. 2 years ago it was a shining point: the western land where GameCube was easily outselling Xbox. However, MS changed their crap fast, and now when things go GameCube's way for a week it looks impressive.

jarrod

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
What a ball Nintendo dropped in Europe. 2 years ago it was a shining point: the western land where GameCube was easily outselling Xbox. However, MS changed their crap fast, and now when things go GameCube's way for a week it looks impressive.
I've gotta agree but it's not really surprising. Nintendo's always approached Europe as a secondary market... which is something Sega and later Sony capitalized on. GameCube had a stunning launch, had Nintendo just kept with the agressive pricing and a solid release schedule they'd probably have double the userbase in PAL regions and likely have remained ahead of XBox. Nintendo needs to learn what momentum is (and not just in Europe honestly)...

Suerte

Not too surprising really, you could expect the same thing to happen to MS when Halo 2 launches, except on a larger scale, since it'll be nearer the Christmas period too...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
JoshuaJSlone said:

there is yet another major factor in Xbox success in Europe - piracy.

cvxfreak

So in Europe Nintendo sold like 30K? I assume all of Europe combined every week adds up to 15K every week or so (that's a fair estimate). I guess that's good.

Top Bottom