• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly: Game & Wario dated for June 30th in NA

Wiz

All I know is, Nintendo better have an assload of VC in April-May to make up for no games.

True. But I hope we aren't Getting Mario U Land.

While Mario 3D land was good, it was no Galaxy,and it would be a big letdown (compared to expectations of a console mario) if that is what we end up with.

The bulk of the team that developed Galaxy + Galaxy 2 has been working on 3D Mario Wii U.

Mario 3D Land was their side project developed specifically for handhelds. This new title is the REAL DEAL.

So much for the first half of the year. Enough delays, Nintendo. Tell us the damn spring schedule already. :(

They've already released the Spring schedule...LEGO City Undercover. That's it.

Does anyone else think Wind Waker HD isn't going to make it this year? What Nintendo showed back on ND seemed early, very early. Like "this was a prototype we had no intention of showing" early. I'm not sure who's handling the porting or development, since they obviously have their hands full with other titles, but they've made it clear they intend to tinker with the game (as opposed to just farming out a 1:1 port somewhere), which would mean involvement of at least some of the original development staff... I just don't see them dropping everything to get an HD port of a Gamecube game done this year.

Ridley327

Does anyone else think Wind Waker HD isn't going to make it this year? What Nintendo showed back on ND seemed early, very early. Like "this was a prototype we had no intention of showing" early. I'm not sure who's handling the porting or development, since they obviously have their hands full with other titles, but they've made it clear they intend to tinker with the game (as opposed to just farming out a 1:1 port somewhere), which would mean involvement of at least some of the original development staff... I just don't see them dropping everything to get an HD port of a Gamecube game done this year.

Unless it's a total ground-up remake, there's no reason not to believe that it wouldn't make this year. HD remasters aren't exactly the most staff-intensive games on the planet unless they're having to redo a lot of stuff, like what's been going on with FFX HD.

Iwata in the January 23rd Nintendo Direct said:
Nintendo takes seriously its responsibility to offer a steady stream of new titles in the very early days of a new platform to establish a good lineup of software. On the other hand, we also firmly believe we have to offer quality experiences when we release new titles. Based on our software development schedules at the end of last year, we concluded we should spend a little more time satisfying our Nintendo standard of quality. I apologize to those supporting Wii U about the lack of new titles from Nintendo in January and February. But please understand that we will have new titles to offer from March onward. We are planning a steady stream of games from this spring to summer, including Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover from our friends at TT Games, and of course, The Wonderful 101, which Platinum Games is working on.
I'm sorry, but this man deserves to be fired immediately.

Well, obviously Nintendo doesn't want this to be their only major release for months. That's just asking for negative attention.

They're probably trying to sandwich it between two things people care about, like...oh I dunno, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101.

All I know is, Nintendo better have an assload of VC in April-May to make up for no games.
Hopefully. I hope the VC is this month but its looking grim as the days go on.

W101 or Pikmin 3 better be out before this if not then thats straight bogus. But it does look like we're gonna be sitting down till E3 :(

Well, obviously Nintendo doesn't want this to be their only major release for months. That's just asking for negative attention.

They're probably trying to sandwich it between two things people care about, like...oh I dunno, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101.

I think you're being too optimistic. This positively reeks of Nintendo having nothing else to release this spring/summer. :/

Kerub

Banned
At least I have monster hunter to keep me happy with the Wii U. I feel so sorry for the Wii U owners that don't like monster hunter.

jmizzal

seriously if they are not gonna release games during the Spring give us a bunch of VC games, including Game Cube and GBA and Sega Saturn and DreamCast

Game & Wario just got a glowing review from jeuxvideo.fr:
http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/jeux/game-wario/preview-test-game-wario.html

They say the solo is several times better than Nintendo Land, and that Pictionary is genius.

I'd gladly have it in Europe in April, May at the latest!

I agree. I do think there should have been more levels in Taxi & Ashley and that design should have more to do, otherwise, agree.

EDIT: As for the date, I wouldn't get too worked up about it, it seems like a generic Q2 placeholder to me, even if the site has been accurate in the past.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yes, it could very easily be a placeholder, and I feel pretty dumb for not realizing that immediately. Of course, it's a Sunday, Nintendo's preferred day of release for bigger games, so there's always the chance that it's a real date even though Nintendo also releases games on Monday. The fact that G&W is by no means a tent-pole release and June 30 literally being the last day of Q2 makes it seem more like a placeholder, too.

I'm going to be bold and continue to predict an April-ish release, which will be announced very soon, possibly as early as tomorrow or Thursday, but definitely before the end of next week.
April is impossible. That's not enough time to distribute the game to retailers. Plus Nintendo pretty consistently announces a game's release date 2 months beforehand.

I'm sorry, but this man deserves to be fired immediately.
The disappoint when you realize he was including eshop games in his calculation (and only promised for Japan).

April is impossible. That's not enough time to distribute the game to retailers. Plus Nintendo pretty consistently announces a game's release date 2 months beforehand.

The disappoint when you realize he was including eshop games in his calculation (and only promised for Japan).

We'll see a late-April Nintendo Direct (to counter the fiscal year report) for Game & Wario June 30th, and Pikmin 3 / Wonderful 101 release dates for August and beyond.

Thoraxes

I said we weren't going to get a Q2 game unless we heard about it on Tuesday (today) and that it'll be for June. And here we are!

Here's your one Q2 game WiiU owners. Since Game & Wario shouldn't have a long localization, Nintendo must be purposely holding back the games for later. The WiiU is effectively in a coma till E3.

At least they realize i'll need at the very least that much time to be satisfied with MonHun.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I was mocked for guessing that Pikmin would have been kicked to Q3/Q4, and that not much else...maybe 1 big title more for the end of the year.

Isn't it doing terrible in Japan? I thought I read the other day it did miserable sales the first week.

Sold 20% of shipment in first week.

But we need more weeks before finalizing its position, and to see if it has any legs at all. It's likely that the game is doing terribly in Japan but...you never know.

And it might appeal to international audiences.

At this rate, Iwata is going to run out of ways to say he's sorry things are taking so long.

It's becoming very clear that Iwata is squandering any goodwill he has left even among the dedicated Nintendo crowd. If G&W is their primary summer game then things are far worse than we imagined.

Bsigg12

~22K in its first week @ retail.

So if we base this on Square Enix metrics its an utter failure.

But if we really look at it, it has a chance. I fear though if it doesn't do well in a months time in Japan, Nintendo my get a little weird with the other versions.

Holy shit Nintendo.

It'll be beyond worth the wait for Pikmin, but goddamn.

Also, whatever Iwata, take your time with games. But come on, this is silly. I mean, I have a job and classes and internships to take up my time, and life will go on, so it's not like this is outrage-worthy, but wow.

DaBoss

I'm hoping for April 28th just so TW101 and Pikmin 3 can come out sooner

I think at this point, we're seeing Pikmin 3 at June, TW101 being one of the summer releases, and then Wii Party U. Then we have Wind Waker HD and after that is a mystery.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Just imagining Pikmin 3 at E3 again is too priceless to comprehend. Crowd would never dare to boo Miyamoto, but they really should.

Top Bottom