• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepro incorrectly claims Skyward Sword is on Wii U, apologizes, issues correction

Shiggy

Edit: Gamepro redeemed

What’s Up Wii U?

Five burning questions the GamePros still have about the successor to the Nintendo Wii​.

37333-222122-6.jpg

Skyward Sword​ looks great, but what else will be a breakthrough title for the platform?

5) Is It Truly an “8th Generation” Console?

The Wii U’s visuals are unquestionably high-definition, but we haven’t really seen the caliber of graphics it’s capable of delivering, aside from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Can it compete with the PS3 and Xbox 360—and more importantly, their successors?

Will’s Take: “I know that the Wii U is a real thing, but as much as I like the idea of a new, much more powerful Nintendo console, the house that Mario built has hardly offered up much to build faith on. Just about everything the Big N’s shown on the Wii U has been either a) prerendered, b) a tech demo, or c) footage from the PS3/360 versions of third-party titles. Forgive me if I’m not rushing for my pocketbook.”

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/222122/what-s-up-wii-u/

They get money for this!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they know something we don't...

StuBurns

Banned
Are they suggesting it'll also be on WiiU like TP or is it just complete incompetence?

There's literally a picture of a WiiMote in that screenshot, they can't have missed that.

Did Gamepro just leak Skyward Sword as a Wii U launch title? Like Twilight Princess in that alternate relaity where it came out on Gamecube in 2005.

Well it will play on the Wii U :|

But to make it sound as if it is a title designed for Wii U is either them being;

A) dishonest
B) idiots

I'm thinking B in this case.

Medalion said:
They must be confusing the Zelda HD demo from E3

It's inexcusable. Money was put in someone's pocket to write that. smh.

stilgar

Medalion said:
They must be confusing the Zelda HD demo from E3

No, that's where the magic happens: they thought it was prerendered. So they are making two mistakes in a row. Pro, I said!

Medalion said:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/07/zelda-wii-u1.jpg

Hey Gamepoo, NOT Skyward Sword
Looks so good.

And looks like a f'n Zelda game. No storks or androgynous dead guys licking the screen.

Medalion

Banned
Buckethead said:
Looks so good.

And looks like a f'n Zelda game. No storks or androgynous dead guys licking the screen.
Basically that is Twilight Princess in HD with improved textures, shaders, lighting and particle effects etc

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Medalion said:

Hey Gamepoo, NOT Skyward Sword
Pre-rendered tech demo that ran on a super computer from the future man.

Medalion said:
Basically that is Twilight Princess in HD with improved textures, shaders, lighting and particle effects etc

The only thing it has in common with Twilight Princess is the artstyle. The models are entirely new as is the geometry :p.

Cow Mengde said:
You don't need to stick with GAF to know what console the game is on. It's like common sense at this point.
But this did happen with the last Zelda, so I could see how people could believe it.

Marleyman

Banned
Katbot said:
Hey guys, Kat from GamePro here. Happened to see this thread, and went back to see what the problem is.

There are no real excuses for this, but I will say that it was an honest mistake on our part. I promise that we know that Skyward Sword isn't coming to Wii U.
Anyway, it's been fixed: http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/222122/what-s-up-wii-u/

Again, extending apologies on behalf of my pub

I believe this; thanks for changing it.

Top Bottom