• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepro incorrectly claims Skyward Sword is on Wii U, apologizes, issues correction

Medalion

Banned
This thread at first was to poke fun at Gamepro for looking silly with an inaccurate article
now we have Gaffers looking silly for other reasons after a Gamepro editor posted and fixed original article

Ahhhh Gaf > Internet > Gaf

MYE

From that link

Jaz’s Take: “The unit certainly has the potential to appeal to core gamers—but it’s all about the software, and we know what happened with the Wii: ‘Family’ shovelware central, with barely a handful of decent games for the core.

Oh my fuck, these guys...these guys

plufim

Yet more "WiiU is definately slightly more powerful than PS3 and 360" nonsense. Can't journalists just wait for some actual evidence of the power?

Nekofrog

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
Man, that looks great for a Wii game.

zelda-wii-u1.jpg

Anyone else tired of the "rectangle" look that Nintendo has been pushing in Zelda with the last couple games? It's all over the spider's legs. Never cared for it.

Nekofrog said:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/07/zelda-wii-u1.jpg

Anyone else tired of the "rectangle" look that Nintendo has been pushing in Zelda with the last couple games? It's all over the spider's legs. Never cared for it.
I was trying to make a joke by reversing the blunder but I guess I failed. I think HD Zelda looks fantastic.

BurntPork

Banned
plufim said:
Yet more "WiiU is definately slightly more powerful than PS3 and 360" nonsense. Can't journalists just wait for some actual evidence of the power?
Actually, they were doubting that it's even on-par with PS3 and 360.

MYE

Meisadragon said:
Nothing wrong with having a strong opinion.

Indeed. But backing it up with false statements is a huge problem when you are also paid to inform.

Describing the Wii as "Shovelware central, with barely a handful of decent games" doesnt seem like good journalism to me. Its just shit, and he is paid to do shit.

I'm jealous

Gravijah

Nekofrog said:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/07/zelda-wii-u1.jpg[/MG]

Anyone else tired of the "rectangle" look that Nintendo has been pushing in Zelda with the last couple games? It's all over the spider's legs. Never cared for it.[/QUOTE]

The glyph looking things on the spider? That's because it's basically just TP HD. I don't remember them being everywhere in other Zelda games, though it has been a while.

MYE said:
Indeed. But backing it up with false statements is a huge problem when you are also paid to inform.

Describing the Wii as "Shovelware central, with barely a handful of decent games" doesnt seem like good journalism to me. Its just shit, and he is paid to do shit.

I'm jealous

He's right though. Wii has nothing on it except for Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros.

I spose it has Kirby too but that's for kids.

Nekofrog said:
zelda-wii-u1.jpg

well serie has to have a certain style, makes sense

I'm more concerned by the fact flames aren't reacting to the massive brawl around them

plufim

I seriously think over half the gaming press needs to be sat down and shown what is actually on the Wii, because it seems like they have no idea.

Then again, I often suspect that they perpetuate the myth of "no games" because it plays well with the majority of their audience.

MYE

Gravijah said:
The glyph looking things on the spider? That's because it's basically just TP HD. I don't remember them being everywhere in other Zelda games, though it has been a while.

Its a common pattern in clothes and architecture throughout OOT, MM and TP.

I like it.

The_Darkest_Red said:
You're joking, right?

Pretty sure he is.

Riposte

MYE said:

I'm jealous

He wasn't trying to write out the entirety of his feelings on the Wii in the small section about the WiiU.

Gravijah

MYE said:
Its a common pattern in clothes and architecture throughout OOT, MM and TP.

I like it.

I just played through MM and OoT3D and they really didn't stick out as much as it does in TP. Weird.

MYE

Riposte said:
He wasn't trying to write out the entirety of his feelings on the Wii in the small section about the WiiU.

Doesnt matter, what he said is still an incorrect representation of the Wii's library.
One that seems to only be adopted by those who are uninformed or simply dont care. He is a journalist, if he doesnt care or know enough, he should not participate.

Katbot

There are differences of opinion in the office about the quality of the Wii's library, to say the least. No different than the gaming community at large.

Me? I'm not going to take issue with Julian's take, because I'm still upset about the lack of Xenoblade and Last Story in North America

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Excised a 16 post accidental derail about physical appearances of male versus female gaming journalists, appropriateness of commenting on it, joking versus creepy, etc.

Mr_Brit

Banned
I heard a rumour that the Wii U controller will have a sensor in it that can detect if anyone over 8 tries to play it and disables the console so it's only for babbys.

I'm glad to see you were joking, _Alkaline_.

Stumpokapow said:
Excised a 16 post accidental derail about physical appearances of male versus female gaming journalists, appropriateness of commenting on it, joking versus creepy, etc.
Apologies for the fuel I added to that fire, Stumpy.

Shurs

Stumpokapow said:

Sorry.

tiff

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Isn't the thread still derailed already?

MYE

Mr_Brit said:
I heard a rumour that the Wii U controller will have a sensor in it that can detect if anyone over 8 tries to play it and disables the console so it's only for babbys.

Jailbraking it will involve the detection of shitty diaper smell, and simulation of genuine pre-pub squeals of excitement over Beyblades.

BurntPork

Banned
Mr_Brit said:
/thread. No one is allowed to post after

The_Darkest_Red said:
I'm glad to see you were joking, _Alkaline_.

Apologies for the fuel I added to that fire, Stumpy.
GODDAMMIT

Emitan

Stumpokapow said:
I always think of myself as being an immature poster. And then I read stuff like this...

Joe Molotov

Skyward Sword is unquestionably HD, and comparable to PS3/360 games. Turns out Nintendo just had to release a firmware update to the Wii to unlock Super HD Graphics Mode. They deliberately underclocked the Wii at launch, just as all true Nfans knew, because was discovered to reduce Whimsy content, but Miyamoto's been working on the last five years and he's finally figured out a how to generate unlimited whimsy detail without causing a CPU hit. Should revolutionize the industry.

Riposte

MYE said:
Doesnt matter, what he said is still an incorrect representation of the Wii's library.
One that seems to only be adopted by those who are uninformed or simply dont care. He is a journalist, if he doesnt care or know enough, he should not participate.

In your not so humble opinion lol.

Emitan

Cmagus said:
lol thew way some people react over a mistake they shouldn't apologize at all just correct it
I think the reason people are so upset is that at least in North America this is basically the only big game coming out on the Wii ever. Considering that, its kind if shocking they wouldn't know that.

Joe Molotov said:
Skyward Sword is unquestionably HD, and comparable to PS3/360 games. Turns out Nintendo just had to release a firmware update to the Wii to unlock Super HD Graphics Mode. They deliberately underclocked the Wii at launch, just as all true Nfans knew, because was discovered to reduce Whimsy content, but Miyamoto's been working on the last five years and he's finally figured out a how to generate unlimited whimsy detail without causing a CPU hit. Should revolutionize the industry.

nuke_avvy.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Cmagus said:
lol thew way some people react over a mistake they shouldn't apologize at all just correct it

They already corrected it. It is a pretty bad mistake though. It's not like this is CNN that's doing it and it covers a whole lot of other stuff. Experts should be experts.

Top Bottom