• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameReactor Rumor: XBOX 1 delayed until Q1 2014, maybe only in Europe; CVG: Not True

Joni

Can we stop bumping this thread? The news has been semi-confirmed by Microsoft: delay to 2014 for seven European countries.

Dunkers92

Maybe but I don't think people realise how fucked it is in the UK. It's launching at a higher price than PS3 did with a comparatively poorer positioning.

I'm not so sure. Since the reversals, preorder numbers have recovered quite well.

Plenty of people are preordering one from our store. People are actually being put off by the idea of the "phase 2" PS4. At least Sony seem to have been conservative in the Uk in terms if no longer guaranteeing launch day consoles.

I am genuinely worried we will be phoning up Xbox preorder holders with bad news when it releases due to lack of stock

Even with all the shit that's surrounded the XB1 since may it will still sell out anywhere its launched, were probably looking at 1m launch units approx against a fan base of 76m, even if they lost 3/4 of their fan base there's still more than enough people still interested.

Also the power of CoD, Halo, Titanfall is enough of a lure.

Hate to break it to you Shades, I love my 360. LOVE it. Before I could get a PS3, I bought four 360s. Was awesome with a multi monitor race setup.
Problem is, there are many like me. Who loved their 360s, made up that 76mil. And arent ever going back. Got burned way to many times. Cracked DVDs with shit Samsung drives. (Fifa 2007 and Smackdown vs Raw 2007, they never re-imbursed me) RROD(that MS replaced for free, but why must I go through that?). etc etc. I was still going to go multi plat next gen until they showed me who they really were. Vipers! Snakes! Wanting to act like a lamb, get into my living room and strike me in the heel with the venom of Kinect and everything else like me.

Yes, MS. I still dont forgive you. Fool me once...

avaya

I'm not so sure. Since the reversals, preorder numbers have recovered quite well.

Plenty of people are preordering one from our store. People are actually being put off by the idea of the "phase 2" PS4. At least Sony seem to have been conservative in the Uk in terms if no longer guaranteeing launch day consoles.

I am genuinely worried we will be phoning up Xbox preorder holders with bad news when it releases due to lack of stock

Launch is relatively meaningless, remember PS3 smashed first week sales records in the UK at launch. Sony could well be taking their market back as part of a wider consolidation of their European position.

SHADES

Hate to break it to you Shades, I love my 360. LOVE it. Before I could get a PS3, I bought four 360s. Was awesome with a multi monitor race setup.
Problem is, there are many like me. Who loved their 360s, made up that 76mil. And arent ever going back. Got burned way to many times. Cracked DVDs with shit Samsung drives. (Fifa 2007 and Smackdown vs Raw 2007, they never re-imbursed me) RROD(that MS replaced for free, but why must I go through that?). etc etc. I was still going to go multi plat next gen until they showed me who they really were. Vipers! Snakes! Wanting to act like a lamb, get into my living room and strike me in the heel with the venom of Kinect and everything else like me.

Yes, MS. I still dont forgive you. Fool me once...

Yeah I think most of us have been there at some point, had 2 RROD myself & I'm not touching the XB1 but the point I was trying to make is that even will all its shit press & bad moves there's still enough of a fan base (CoD kiddies alone) to sell out the XB1's launch units anywhere it launches.

Top Bottom