• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

watership

Okay, finally got to watch the high end film on Gamersyde.com (I'm still seeding!) It was fucking incredible. I love the scope of the single player campaign. It's vast. It feels epic.

And I completely flipped out when I saw
one of the covenant ships in the far far far far distance using energy beams to digg out the Ark. Holy crap!

RyuHayate

If clipping kills a game for you, then you've got issues.

If I overheard someone in a restaurant during breakfast say, "You know, that clipping in Halo 3 completely renders the game unplayable in my eyes," I'd take my whole entire plate full of pancakes (smothered with Aunt Jemima's syrup and Lando Lakes butter) and toss it in their face. Not only that, I'd call the waitress over and claim it's too cold and that it needs to be heated up before it's edible (but it's actually to burn the bastard who said something so stupid ).

To say something so retarded warrants a punishment such as that.

Ramirez

Am I a bad person for being more excited for MP over campaign? :p

And why you guys continue to entertain Cerrius is beyond me, the ignore button, it is your friend.

Who is playing that Urk? MS/Bungie guy?

ezekial45

Banned
Ramirez said:

Not at all. Most of the people who are gonna buy this game want the MP.

EDIT: I'm most likely gonna get most out the game in the campaign. I'm not really one for MP.

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
So, will Saved Films change the way you play?

I think I tended to play a little snazzier in the beta, because I always planned on saving a bunch of good matches, recording them to VHS, and watching them every day for the next 4 months. There was always this voice in my head, "you're being recorded, Lamonster - make this awesome." So, nowadays I'm getting to know that 3 and a half hour VHS tape pretty well and I'm really starting to ache for the game. Hard.

I think the full set of features will make for an even stronger motivation in players to kick some serious ass. Because we're all being watched.
Not initially. but I will certainly be staging combat for exhibition and screens in Campaign after the first few playthroughs. Though, I think the best moments will be the unpredictable ones - amazing grenade tags, equipment deployments and the like. I'm really looking forward to recording some of the bigger battles in Campaign and dissecting them to see all the stuff that when on while I was running for dear life.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:

Who is playing that Urk? MS/Bungie guy?
It's someone from Bungie. He's on my list too. It's going to be a looooooooooooong month.

There's plenty of people who love MP more than Campaign, and with the new options those guys are going to be in heaven. I just hope you slum with us Campaigners every now and then in co-op. :p

Dirtbag

GhaleonEB said:
It's someone from Bungie. He's on my list too. It's going to be a looooooooooooong month.

There's plenty of people who love MP more than Campaign, and with the new options those guys are going to be in heaven. I just hope you slum with us Campaigners every now and then in co-op. :p

I personally cant wait to spend a sunday just chilling out campaign style and play through the campaign online with yall. I get so worked up playing multi sometimes that I have a hard time relaxing with it, though its still lots of fun to me. After two games or so I'm in full tilt compete mode usually, lord forbid its 1-flag on zanzi which usually revs me up quick.

Ramirez

Saved films are just going to be indescribably badass...I remember in one Rumble Pit I got an Overkill to finish the match, the way it happened, no one would have fuckin believed it if I didn't have it saved. :lol Guy coming out of the base on Snowbound, tag him with a spiker, jump up to the top of the base, assassinate a guy, shotgun the person he was fighting with, then did a complete 360 blind Spiker throw on to a guy sitting in the ghost to end the spree. :lol

Can't wait til I can actually edit out just certain parts of the fight, going to be so awesome.

Don't get me wrong though, I am very much looking forward to campaign, especially Legendary 4-coop. I just love the randomness of multiplayer against real people, anything can truly happen in Halo MP.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
I just hope you slum with us Campaigners every now and then in co-op. :p

Won't be any fun for the other three players. By the time we've scouted out the Brute encampments and developed our plan of attack, Ram will have half of the enemy garrison leaking brain matter from their skulls.

Dirtbag

Ramirez said:
Saved films are just going to be indescribably badass...I remember in one Rumble Pit I got an Overkill to finish the match, the way it happened, no one would have fuckin believed it if I didn't have it saved. :lol Guy coming out of the base on Snowbound, tag him with a spiker, jump up to the top of the base, assassinate a guy, shotgun the person he was fighting with, then did a complete 360 blind Spiker throw on to a guy sitting in the ghost to end the spree. :lol

Can't wait til I can actually edit out just certain parts of the fight, going to be so awesome.

It'd be really crazy to be able to watch the save film and get to the point you want, and then start playing the game from right there. Just like a save state or something.

Could always be a nice piece of DLC later or something for the next bungie project.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Won't be any fun for the other three players. By the time we've scouted out the Brute encampments and developed our plan of attack, Ram will have half of the enemy garrison leaking brain matter from their skulls.
I think there are ways to address this. :D

imek

Downloading the full WMV version now, (near 1:1 ratio at the moment, ~80KBs), will seed for a while too. Thanks Blim and Gamersyde for the footage :)

Ramirez

Hopefully I get into the COD beta tomorrow to help pass the time, I have Metroid if that fails I guess. :(

I could see the troop transport hog being on the bigger map, actually that would work out really well for keeping everyone in the action, unless some tool drove it off empty.

Ummm....Ive been rather curious, but has the troop transport hog been confirmed for multiplayer because it was my dream to drive it in Halo 2 when it was a concept hog...*please god?*

See

I don't know if this has been discussed before, so, I was watching all the cinematic for Halo 1 again and the cinematic for "343 Guilty Spark" (I think, where Cortana gets mad that she changes colours) 343 kept on speaking to Master Chief like he knew him before, such as:

*explains Halo as an intergalactic super weapon* ... "I though you already knew that?!"
"you asked: 'if it was up to me, would I do it?'"

also it kept calling Master Chief as the "Reclaimer".

I might be late to this, but could someone explain, thanks.

Dirtbag

Ramirez said:
Hopefully I get into the COD beta tomorrow to help pass the time, I have Metroid if that fails I guess. :(

I could see the troop transport hog being on the bigger map, actually that would work out really well for keeping everyone in the action, unless some tool drove it off empty.

COD 4 beta is soooo awesome. Everyone in this thread should try and get in. I've been playing it every night since I hit the first Infinity Ward lottery. It'll do way more than just past the time. I think I'll actually miss it once that goes away too.

Tzeentch

GS: We have followed outbreak containment procedure to the letter. You were with me each step of the way, as we managed this crisis.

Cortana: Chief, I'm picking up movement!

GS: Why would you hesitate to do what you have already done?

Cortana: We need to go, right now.

GS: Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed.

There is no choice. We must activate the ring.

I think the implication here is that Guilty Spark sees the Chief and other humans as an extension of the Forerunners he knew (I think this is proven by his statements in Halo 2). Not that the Chief was a time traveller or something. Note his earlier statement of "But you already knew that. I mean, how couldn't you?" He seems genuinly surprised that this Reclaimer wasn't briefed on his role - which I suppose will be explained in Halo 3 since it's obvious that the Foreunners were grooming humans for quite some time.

The interesting thing here is that the Flood don't seem to remember, or realize, that the humans are even related to the Forerunners as of Halo 2.

Or this could be a story point that was changed later, cut entirely, or just a background detail that remains in their "bible".

giga

Cerrius said:
Why is the Warthog's front left tire clipping through the ground?
"Why are you...the way you are. I hate so much about the things you choose to be."

candybars.png

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
armubaba said:
On a different note, the Collector's Edition of Halo 3 has been spotted in the wild.

62p56bs.jpg

Looks very, very sexy. There's still a raging debate going on in my head whether to go CE or LE. It goes back and forth by the day, and it's getting to the point where I have to make the decision soon, or it's gonna be too late.
Ohhh, it's a British version, too.

Brits FTW. :lol

Something I noticed in the beta that I'm hoping has been fixed in the full version.

In the beta, whenever you go to pick up a weapon, you would hold down the right bumper (or left bumper if you were dual-wielding) and it would only register once you let go of the bumper, rather than registering after having held it down for an alotted amount of time over the weapon on the ground. This was slightly annoying because I found upon seeing a weapon in the midst of a firefight, I would sometimes run over to it and either a) I would keep holding the bumper down, waiting for my character to pick it up, which of course he didn't and I would die or b) I would remember and not hold the bumper down for long enough, so it would instead attempt to reload my current weapon.

In HALO 2 you could run past a weapon while holding X and you could release the button as soon as you saw your character pick it up.

Minor niggle, but still curious to see if it's been addressed.

What I totally forgot is that we can finally WATCH the Bungie Humpday Challenges. To me that is so amazing; reading AND watching the match Bungie played against their guests. I can finally watch Luke's mad BR whoring and judge split screen lag for myself. It'll be like you were there watching as a spectator. Totally badass...

See

Tzeentch said:
I think the implication here is that Guilty Spark sees the Chief and other humans as an extension of the Forerunners he knew (I think this is proven by his statements in Halo 2). Not that the Chief was a time traveller or something. Note his earlier statement of "But you already knew that. I mean, how couldn't you?" He seems genuinly surprised that this Reclaimer wasn't briefed on his role - which I suppose will be explained in Halo 3 since it's obvious that the Foreunners were grooming humans for quite some time.

The interesting thing here is that the Flood don't seem to remember, or realize, that the humans are even related to the Forerunners as of Halo 2.

Or this could be a story point that was changed later, cut entirely, or just a background detail that remains in their "bible".

Wow, thanks, I havent thought about it that way, more reasons added for my infinitly long list of reasons why I want to play Halo 3 so badly!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Blueblur1 said:
I didn't need any inspiration. I already am awesome.

And seriously, what's with Halo 3 showing up at PAX? Luke and/or Frankie lied!

All I said was, I wasn't going to be there Saturday.

giga said:
"Why are you...the way you are. I hate so much about the things you choose to be."

candybars.png

:lol :lol :lol

"I want Beach Day to be a beautiful memory that the staff and I share after I . . . have passed on to New York. . . and if Toby is a part of it. . . then it'll suck."

voltron

has there been some more video released?

Ive seen the stuff in the OP, but this thread still seems to be going strong, days later...

Tzeentch

Who says they don't?
His statement could go in a number of directions, especially with the recent ARG and the portrayal of the Flood as the antithesis of life. He certainly never points out the Chief as a Reclaimer and doesn't appear to differentiate between him and the Arbiter in his later statements or in his assignment of goals.

The more interesting question there is how Gravemind could supposedly hear Cortana speaking directly to the Chief (in the books it's portayed as a direct connection) since he appears to respond to her statement of "What is that?" :)

OverHeat

« generous god »
Blimblim said:
So did you guys notice a difference in image/video quality between the avi files and the wmv one?

Its a little less blurry when there is fast movement in the video.

Gribbix

I saw the tin at a local Gamestop a couple of days ago. The design on the inside is pretty slick. It's basically a ton of white outline drawings of all the weapons tightly packed together.

squicken

Blimblim said:
So did you guys notice a difference in image/video quality between the avi files and the wmv one?

I noticed quite the difference. The cleaned up version looked much better. I found the original vids to be pretty blurry.

armubaba

Tzeentch said:
His statement could go in a number of directions, especially with the recent ARG and the portrayal of the Flood as the antithesis of life. He certainly never points out the Chief as a Reclaimer and doesn't appear to differentiate between him and the Arbiter in his later statements or in his assignment of goals.

The more interesting question there is how Gravemind could supposedly hear Cortana speaking directly to the Chief (in the books it's portayed as a direct connection) since he appears to respond to her statement of "What is that?" :)

Yeah, Gravemind really intrigued me when I played Halo 2. The first enigmatic, perplexing moments spent with him really stuck out as one of the most memorable cutscenes in the game. By the end of the game, the player really is left with so many questions about him. What are his origins? Does he have any Forerunner roots? What is he going to do with Cortana? What exactly is he?

I can't wait until Halo 3, where(hopefully) Bungie answers all these questions and fleshes out Gravemind's story more. Less than a month baby!

LukeSmith said:
No clue dude, but we're not Gold. So it's not being manufactured, so the box is empty.

How close are you guys to being gold? It should only be a few days/ a weekish away right? If I'm not mistaken the turn around for that kind of thing is usually 2-3 weeks to get all the discs burned and sent out?

Also...Halo Wars demo on XBL in the next few days...woot! That'll help pass the time.

Tieno

I know Bungie.net will do a lot of stat tracking, but does anyone know if they'll log amount of time (hours/minutes) spent in/on playing Halo 3? It's small but a very cool stat to keep track of.

Statchzilla, it's not a demo, but a video of a demonstration.

Kuroyume

Banned
Whatever you do... Make sure to not ship out the European versions of the game until the first million US gamers have a copy in their hands. That should be within the first few hours. Europeans can't be trusted.

voltron

Stachzilla said:
How close are you guys to being gold? It should only be a few days/ a weekish away right? If I'm not mistaken the turn around for that kind of thing is usually 2-3 weeks to get all the discs burned and sent out?

Also...Halo Wars demo on XBL in the next few days...woot! That'll help pass the time.

Really, demo?

Edit, answered.

PaulRTC

Have you guys seen the videos of Guardian from PAX?

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14275
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14276

I'd recommend going full screen with these videos (diagonal arrow button at the bottom right of the player) so you can see what's going on better - their video player is actually smaller than the source videos' resolution.

It shows the firebomb in action - both being stuck to someone and thrown on the ground to create a temporary blockade of fire. You also see the flamethrower in action, the flare equipment being thrown (it's thrown like a grenade, so it seems we should be able to get some good distance on a throw, which is good), the sword (plenty of lunges occurred) and a plasma turret being detached and used as a support weapon. There's quite a lot of stuff here that we haven't before seen in videos in terms of weapons/equipment, in addition to the fact that we've never seen Guardian itself in motion. Oh, and there are birds flying around in the background - nice touch!

The players are using the names betaFrankie and Lukemz, but the commentator calls one of them "MNC Dover" at one point, and they don't seem to be very proficient (just like every other non-Bungie player we've seen in videos! - though not nearly as bad as the Sandtrap guy), so I think it's just random crowd members playing against each other. The crowd seem to react to what's happening on both screens while the video only shows one screen (the one playing as Lukemz) - I thought it was weird when they cheered as the Lukemz guy was just walking around with an AR until I realised the other guy had just picked up a sword or something. :p

Top Bottom