• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that are impossible to find or absurdly rare?

aasoncott

Is this available to watch anywhere? I did a quick google search and couldn't find it, figured it could probably be answered much more quickly here. I missed the boat a bit as far as Halo goes, at the time I still couldn't wrap my head around twin sticks, but I do remember hearing about the ARG and I Love Bees during my time on Teamxbox.com (RIP)

One of the forum members saved copies of everything. There's a debate over the listening order, but I'd just grab his playlist and go for it in the order presented. It's about 5 1/2 hours long, and I really think it's the best piece of Halo-related storytelling out there (and, along with a campaign called The Beast, pretty much invented ARG marketing).

http://creepy.thebruce.net/axonscenes

JDazzle

Neo Member
4jugYhY.jpg
EDCfXXH.jpg

I lusted after that as a kid... still do today as an adult.

Never knew how to get one :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Sold at Nintendo World, with less than 500 made (reportedly, but no one really knows). Some called me crazy for getting one instead of the EU version, but I totally did... I'm not a sealed collector either.
The Mario Kart 8 LE had around the same made, but were fairly easy to find later "affordable", in comparison.

Sold at Nintendo World, with less than 500 made (reportedly, but no one really knows). Some called me crazy for getting one instead of the EU version, but I totally did... I'm not a sealed collector either.
The Mario Kart 8 LE had around the same made, but were fairly easy to find later "affordable", in comparison.

I have the EU Mario Kart 8 LE sealed.

I'd say a couple other rare ones I have are Valkyria Chronicles CE (PS3), its imported from Japan, not sealed. I also have FFXV Ultimate CE, also not sealed (PS4)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I have the EU Mario Kart 8 LE sealed.

Not nearly as rare, though. Both titles were printed with a decent amount for LEs. I certainly saw quite a few on eBay. I was pretty mad when I gound out that one whole store in the region would be getting the LEs in NA :/

RCU005

Original run of Dragonball GT Final Bout for PS1. Only 10,000 made. Each disc numbered

WTF?!!! I had one! I only had 3 original PS1 discs: Dragonball GT Final Bout, Megaman X4, and Final Fantasy VIII

I never knew it was limited! Holy $hit!

I still got OG Shenmue day 1 launch ed, its still sealed for Dreamcast back in my NY place..aand one opened in exelent condition.

Don't know how rare they are or worth, but thought id share.

Mark5130

Final Fight Guy SNES black box. This is supposedly the rarest SNES box in existence and has only popped up a handful of times.

BE51A5C3-DC3E-AFB9-2496311C63C6E138.jpg

Timu

Game Gear has it's share of rare games:

Sonic Blast PAL CIB Game Gear

s-l225.jpg

Power Drive PAL CIB Game Gear (only 10? copies are known)

$_35.JPG

Surf Ninjas PAL CIB Game Gear (only 1 is known for now, maybe a display copy?)

image1_724.jpeg
I honestly had no idea that there was a Surf Ninjas game!!!

Well shoot, learned a lot from this thread.

Always wanted that briefcase copy of Elemental Gearbolt, and the special edition of Ni No Kuni. Only 400 bucks at present (I really want that book).

91zDFWwSXlL._AC_SL700_.jpg

Top Bottom