• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games That Made you Cry

Be honest, men.

I'll go first.

1) Fable 2 good ending (the
letter
)
2) Bioshock good ending
3) Fallout 3 good ending (
the photo of you and your dad
made me lose it)
4) Tales of Symphonia
5) James Pond (I was like 9 and my mom got it when I wanted something else)

edit: 6) Luna Silver Star Story Complete... almost forgot about that one!

edit again: I should state that "crying" means any form of tear forming in the eye at all.

Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. I was on level 49 and accidentally grabbed an icon that sent me back a few levels. It was late, I was like 8 or 9 years old, I was so close to finishing the game, and those last few levels had been really rough. Suffice it to say, I cried my eyes out.

The Opera Scene, FFVI. Probably rather dull split apart, but with the combination of the music, the scene, and the whole attitude of the moment, I couldn't help but shed a tear.

Mamesj

Banned
HorribleJames said:
we've got a tough guy here.

we've got a sensitive guy here.

you asked a question, you got an answer. don't make a thread if you're going to bitch at everyone who doesn't answer in the way you wanted :lol

Why the hell did Bioshock good ending make you cry?

Anyways I never cried because of a game or movie, maybe I don't get too attached to things I know are not real, I'll tell you that I didn't like that
that bitch crossed Snake
in MGS3 and that
Agros died
in Shadow of The Colossus.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I never cried but I have gotten that lump in the throat feeling a couple times. Last time I can remember is playing Lost Odyssey, some of the stories and then that one part (People that played it know what I'm talking about).

Edit: OH, Suikoden one and two also.

Lebron

Lost Odyssey, most importantly the short stories, hit my emotional side. Don't think I ever cried, but I was close to it.

Durante

Planescape: Torment
Fortress of Regrets
It didn't really make me cry, but it made me quite misty-eyed which is much more than any other game managed in 14 years of gaming. Wait, except Dreamfall.

Silent Hill 2 - The scenes leading up to and after the final boss fight. That frickin' letter gets me everytime.

Digital Devil Saga 2 -
the death scenes of all the main characters...especially Argilla/Roland's

Shadow of the Colossus -
Agro's plummet was sad although not tear-inducing...however the ending was tragic. That last playable part as you try to make it back to your lover was powerful.

Emenis said:
I never cried but I have gotten that lump in the throat feeling a couple times.
Yeah same here. ICO/SotC were both pretty good with that, same with Flower for some reason. Very rarely do I get that sensation from a game... in fact, I don't think I can name any besides those three.

The Bioshock ending wasn't really "sad" for me, it was great "feel good" ending though.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Lunar: Eternal Blue
Ending 1 when Lucia leaves to go back to the Blue Star. LUUUUUUUUUUUCIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Calcaneus

First time playing through Final Fantasy VIII:
After playing for hours getting through Ultimecia's castle and trying at least four times to beat her, the disc fucks up 2 minutes into the final cutscene

AranhaHunter said:
Why the hell did Bioshock good ending make you cry?

Anyways I never cried because of a game or movie, maybe I don't get too attached to things I know are not real, I'll tell you that I didn't like that
that bitch crossed Snake
in MGS3 and that
Agros died
in Shadow of The Colossus.

I grew old and all my little sisters had grown up and were now my only family. :( how can that not get you?

and yes, SOTC is a tear jerker. forgot to mention that one. MGS3 didn't really effect me. maybe they were trying too hard.

Mamesj

Banned
diablopanqueque said:
I'll never understand why anybody thought that was sad.

cause you just spent 20 hours leveling her ass up. I don't even put her in my party when I replay it these days.

also, I'll admit it was a shocker...I was 14 at the time and hadn't played many RPGs or games where a character can permanently died.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
3 scenes in Mother 3 got me teary eyed:

1.) Hinawa's death and Flint's subsequent reaction
2.) Chapter 6: Sunflower Fields Forever.
3.) Final Battle with the Masked Man

I had tears streaming for the last one. That was a heartbreaker.

Sure there are games where there are sad moments and games I didn't want to end, but no other game has had me more emotionally invested.

Gio_CoD

Banned
I got a little misty eyed at the end of mgs4 when Sunny asks where Snake is, and Otacon replies, "Snake's had a hard life..."

Haleon said:
I got a little misty eyed at the end of mgs4 when Sunny asks where Snake is, and Otacon replies, "Snake's had a hard life..."
Maybe if he had pulled the trigger, maybe. That could have changed the whole ending from "meh" to "wooooooah"

Too bad really.

Ten-Song

I can barely recall movies that have moved me to tears. The stories presented in games are a reaaaaaally fucking long ways off from eliciting emotions out of me other than frustration at crappy writing and presentation intruding on my gameplay.

Time to fess up.

-Silent Hill 2
Mary's full letter of amazing writing and voice acting
-Silent Hill 3
Harry's death/car ride
-Metal Gear Solid 3
ending of course
-Metal Gear Solid 4
oh where to begin
-Final Fantasy IX
Vivi's letter = man tears
-Final Fantasy X
ending
-Final Fantasy XII
end scenes between Basch and his brother were really mature and emotional to me

Close, but no Kleenex:

-Lost Odyssey
Lirum's death... WOW. Too bad it happened so early and I didn't feel too much for Kaim because of his somewhat stagnant character development at that point

Top Bottom