• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that ooze style (other than Persona 5)

sammex

The Wolf Among Us

tumblr_noau7wlrut1sfydh6o2_500.gif

tumblr_noau7wlrut1sfydh6o3_500.gif

tumblr_noau7wlrut1sfydh6o4_500.gif

tumblr_noau7wlrut1sfydh6o5_500.gif

tumblr_noau7wlrut1sfydh6o6_500.gif

tumblr_noau7wlrut1sfydh6o1_500.gif

Thud

Also the best are definitely the Kyle Hyde games aka Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and Last Window: Secret of Cape West.

DYNSaiM.jpg

<3

Wow, I completely forgot about the fact that there was a Megaten game on Wii U. Mind blown. I wonder if they'll use P5's HD demons for a Switch follow up?

Switch already has an Unreal Engine 4 SMT game in development, I would love them to work on a sequel to TMS though:
tumblr_ojpeimYG201r0frfio3_500.gif

I haven't received it yet, but I bought Nier Automata in large part due to its pretty distinct and striking aesthetic and style.

even if 2B is blatant wankbait material

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
My answer is Sonic. The Sonic franchise in general has generally sold itself on style. Sonic is "cool" and Sonic is "fast," and each game builds on this overall concept in a way that bleeds through into the gameplay and presentation. I think my favorite example of this is the Adventure series' soundtracks, which took a unique, "hip" approach that still stands out to this day.
giphy.gif

Moofers

WET has terrific style. The whole junkyard rockabilly thing it has going on is great. That game catches undue shit when it was a pretty awesome game with a wild soundtrack and real Kill Bill over-the-top style.

voodew

Neo Member
Have to support my boys and Grasshopper Studios and say Killer7. It's the only game that's given me real vibes just from its graphics design, UI, and art direction alone.

Gravity Rush 2 is extremely stylish. It has really lively music, bright colours, fantastic character art and the menus are gorgeous. Here's a couple of shots I shared when I first played the demo:

C38MD6XXAAAw81d.jpg

C38L6s0WEAA1kpn.jpg

Ugh, thats pretty rough.How good is the gameplay though? I've been debating buying it for probably 2 years now.

I remember really liking it despite it being pretty repetitive. It's been a long time since I played it so maybe I would feel differently about it now but charming, quirky and fun probably are the descriptors that encapsulate my feelings on the game. Not sure that it's worth the price though.

BigEmil

Let it Die

Style all over from UI to game to loading screens to every part of this game everywhere, not a single piece of the game missed by style and attention like Persona 5.

Oozes alot of it

Top Bottom