• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that won't make 2007...(2008 Games)

I wonder what games will miss this year and come out next year instead?

For 360 the biggest rumor has been Alan Wake and Fable 2 looks pretty far off as well from Lionhead's latest blog post. I wouldn't put money on Halo Wars hitting 2007, but you never know.

For PS3 I think MGS4 has a slight possibility of only hitting Japan in 2007, but they'd be pretty stupid to let that happen. The Jungle Game will probably not come until 2008, nor will Insomniac's next game.

For Wii if Mario and Smash Bros don't come out people will riot. Are either at any risk of missing any territory?

I think all of these will be a big deal for the fence sitters who still haven't decided which next gen system to buy. What will the fall bring...when will we know...without the traditional E3 it's going to be interesting seeing when and where these things get announced.

I'm pretty confident Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, and Smash Bros. Brawl will hit this year on Wii, but everything else from Nintendo is up in the air (and I mean everything).

I don't think FFXIII will make it, but who knows really FFX slipped in PS2s 2nd year.

Wollan

Metal Gear Solid 4.

Obvious one is FFXIII. I personally doubt Killzone 2 as well.

CountZeroInt said:
The Jungle Game will probably not come until 2008, nor will Insomniac's next game.

I say you are wrong on these ones.

EktorPR

underfooter said:
I'm pretty confident Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, and Smash Bros. Brawl will hit this year on Wii, but everything else from Nintendo is up in the air (and I mean everything).

I really don't think all three of 'em will be available by year's end...I think two of them will make it, but the third one will be delayed just for delaying's sake.

Although, they MUST release Smash Bros. Brawl THIS year.

methane47

I think Smash Brothers Wii will hit nearing the end of the year..
But I highly doubt that Mario will.

I think that Alan Wake will make a early december launch on PC then in Jan for Xbox360...
But Fable will probably be Next year.

Something tells me that Killzone 2 wont make it to the PS3 this year (if at all)
Final Fantasy wont either..
White Knight probably wont either....
But I'm hoping for MGS4 to sneak in before the year is done.

Ponn

Banned
Wait, people actually believe anything said about Fable 2?

Final Fantasy XIII is a good one to guess. Maybe Japan, maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

Duke Nukem Forever.

Kuroyume

Banned
GTA 4 likely...

The game is going to be released in the fall, and yet not a single image of the game has been released. It doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to be released, but it's kind of odd.

Mashing

methane47 said:
I think Smash Brothers Wii will hit nearing the end of the year..
But I highly doubt that Mario will.

0_o

You think a PLAYABLE game at the last E3 is going to release AFTER a game that has yet to be be played? I hope you had those backwards

Why is Prime 3, Mario, and Brawl so out of the question?

They all look fairly far along in developement.

Prime was supposed to launch with wii, and Mario was supposed to come out 6 months after.

On Gamecube, Nintendo had no problem getting a Metroid, Mario, and Smash Bros out the door within a limited time frame.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Kuroyume said:
GTA 4 likely...

The game is going to be released in the fall, and yet not a single image of the game has been released. It doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to be released, but it's kind of odd.

IIRC they didnt show any San Andreas images until the day of E3 2004... and it came out in the fall of that year.

methane47

Mashing said:
0_o

You think a PLAYABLE game at the last E3 is going to release AFTER a game that has yet to be be played? I hope you had those backwards

I'm just expecting Nintendo to pull something REALLY epic for Mario.... and the playable portion was somewhat small....

While in SSBM i don't know it seems to me like they have tonnes of stuff ready, and they are just adding content now... but all the basics are golden.. But i wouldn't bet on my predictions though..

Kuroyume said:
GTA 4 likely...

Ahaha, you don't know Rockstar. That's their habit.

Ponn

Banned
Mashing said:
0_o

*coughZeldacough*

XSamu

Banned
Kuroyume said:
GTA 4 likely...

It will be released this year, no doubt

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TONX said:
IIRC they didnt show any San Andreas images until the day of E3 2004... and it came out in the fall of that year.

I think Vice City was shown later as well. Like 2 months before the release date

Don't forget Bully too...while a few pics were shown in advance, we didnt know crap about the game until literally weeks before the release

Tiktaalik

I have a strong feeling that either Mario Galaxy or Smash Bros. Brawl will slip to 2008. In some ways Mario Galaxy has the more experimental gameplay, so despite the fact that we've already played a demo of it, I think it's a pretty good candidate to slip into 2008.

Sony
Naughty Dog Jungle Game
Sucker Punch's games
SOCOM PS3
Eight Days
Getaway
Killzone 3
MGS4

Microsoft
Fable 2
Banjoy 3
Lost Odyssey
Too Human

Multiplatform
Resident Evil 5
Id's game

Ponn

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Sony
Naughty Dog Jungle Game
Sucker Punch's games
SOCOM PS3
Eight Days
Getaway
Killzone 3

Microsoft
Fable 2
Banjoy 3
Lost Odyssey
Too Human

Multiplatform
MGS4
Resident Evil 5
Devil May Cry 4
Id's game

I see what you did there.

arne

re: Fable 2, Alan Wake, Halo Wars and not in the same way, Blue Dragon

do these things even have dates attached to them? no. how could any of them slip?

I'm not saying any of these are 2007 or that they're 2008 releases, I just think that they idea that any of them could "slip" is laughable. Maybe they slip in relation to your own personal expectations that are "grounded" in fantasy.

Razoric

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Sony
Naughty Dog Jungle Game
Sucker Punch's games
SOCOM PS3
Eight Days
Getaway
Killzone 3

Microsoft
Fable 2
Banjoy 3
Lost Odyssey
Too Human

Multiplatform
MGS4

Resident Evil 5
Devil May Cry 4
Id's game

you better edit, I got banned for that too ;)

Ponn

Banned
arne said:
re: Fable 2, Alan Wake, Halo Wars and not in the same way, Blue Dragon

do these things even have dates attached to them? no. how could any of them slip?

I'm not saying any of these are 2007 or that they're 2008 releases, I just think that they idea that any of them could "slip" is laughable. Maybe they slip in relation to your own personal expectations that are "grounded" in fantasy.

Hey Arne, whats up with the super fast translation with new techniques for Blue Dragon hmm??

Sapiens

MGS4 will be out on PS3 sometime in Novermber - Kojima always ships the MGS game when promised

i dont get the belief that this game will slip.

arne

Ponn01 said:
Hey Arne, whats up with the super fast translation with new techniques for Blue Dragon hmm??

is super fast supposed to be only 1 mo? sheesh. this JUST got released.

Kuroyume said:
GTA 4 likely...

But don't they already have a release date? Oct 24 right? Or am I pulling this out of my ass? I don't think Rockstar has been in the habit of renegging on announced release dates.

Odysseus

Banned
arne said:
is super fast supposed to be only 1 mo? sheesh. this JUST got released.

i believe he was referring to your implication it could be a 2008 release, which would be at least 13 months

noob

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom_Bringer said:
Sony
Naughty Dog Jungle Game
Sucker Punch's games
SOCOM PS3
Eight Days
Getaway
Killzone 3

Microsoft
Fable 2
Banjoy 3
Lost Odyssey
Too Human

Multiplatform
MGS4
Resident Evil 5
Devil May Cry 4
Id's game
cabbiegif7nu1ns3jq.gif

arne

Ponn01 said:
Oct.

shit, thats already a whole quarter there.

Oct? Dec. 7, 2006, release in Japan.

Odysseus said:
i believe he was referring to your implication it could be a 2008 release, which would be at least 13 months

noob

doubtful, reading comprehension. "and not in the same way, Blue Dragon."

Master Z

Sapiens said:
MGS4 will be out on PS3 sometime in Novermber - Kojima always ships the MGS game when promised

i dont get the belief that this game will slip.

I believe this as well because even if the game isn't as complete as Kojima would like, they'll just do a re-release with the extra stuff, like they have with the previous games.

Top Bottom