• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that won't make 2007...(2008 Games)

Ponn

Banned
arne said:
Oct? Dec. 7, 2006, release in Japan.

doubtful, reading comprehension. "and not in the same way, Blue Dragon."

Ah I was looking at the preorders for Blue Dragon and Core system. I'm just giving you a hard time because of the all the smack talk we were hearing about this being a different RPG release because of new localization technigues used to make the translation faster then other RPGs. From all that talk I was expecting it out by March. FFXII made it here in 8 months.

SuperPac

On a certain podcast I said Warhawk, Gran Turismo 5 and Halo Wars won't be out this year. I'm pretty confident in those, though they're kinda obvious choices.

Mario Galaxy will be a November title this year.
it will be Nintendo's Christmas 2007 major selling title for the holidays.

It will miss Q2 because Nintendo doesn't want to release two major franchise titles too close to each other (MP3 comming out first)

Why has Wii Play even been delayed in the US? simple, it's Nintendo's practice of spacing out their titles to claim that they have steady constant flow of titles... even if it means from holding on the a titles for months

MGS4 is on my prediction list of pushed games into 2008. Probably FFXIII also.

GTA4 will make it, this is probably the game that has the most pressure on it to deliver. Rockstar employees over-time confirmed

manxor

Games that won't "slip" to 2008 (imo) even though you might think they will:
MGS4
Too Human
Halo 3
GTA4
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Lair
ND's Jungle Game
Wii Games (Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, SSBB)
DMC4
Banjo 3 (I have a strong feeling Rare will (again) release something to retail this year)
Haze
Turok
Battlefield: Bad Company

2008:
Alan Wake
Fable 2
Halo Wars
Resident Evil 5
FFXIII (or 2009)
Killzone
Lost Odyssey
Wolfenstein
GT5

I've no clue about 8 Days or Getaway 3.... could go either way imo.

Dali

cw_sasuke said:
very optimistic....

I think since they've gotten into the habit of FF whoring they have the story and design set in stone across all the different Fabula Nova games. So no continuous redesigns and push-backs, like XII. I believe early 2008 for XIII in Japan.

usea

For Smash Bros. Brawl, I really only see a 50% chance of it being released in 2007. If it is released this year, it will be in Q4. There is no chance of it coming out earlier.

arne

Ponn01 said:
Ah I was looking at the preorders for Blue Dragon and Core system. I'm just giving you a hard time because of the all the smack talk we were hearing about this being a different RPG release because of new localization technigues used to make the translation faster then other RPGs. From all that talk I was expecting it out by March. FFXII made it here in 8 months.

There's more to timing than "hey guys, the localization is done, ship it" unfortunately. If there's anything I've found out is that things are a bit more complex than that (they're obvious things, but I can't share), which can alternately be towards your benefit or detriment. We'll see what happens and which side the chips fall on.

Matt_C

arne said:
There's more to timing than "hey guys, the localization is done, ship it" unfortunately. If there's anything I've found out is that things are a bit more complex than that (they're obvious things, but I can't share), which can alternately be towards your benefit or detriment. We'll see what happens and which side the chips fall on.

Is Microsoft trying to pull a Viva Piñata to add some extra marketing to Blue Dragon (as in waiting for the BD TV show being animated)? Or are they going to retouch the graphics, add some bosses, or add levels?

This sounds nuts, arne. What takes it so long between the distance of time between localization and going gold?!?!?!? Not everybody has the time Nintendo has to release games.

Ponn

Banned
arne said:

Um, you're stating the obvious that we all have known in localization. Especially when it comes to RPGs. The point is if MS didn't in fact have any new or different techniques like concurrent localization with development then why all the big talk about shorter localization time on this game? Trust me, i'd rather have a good game or even extras from the japanese version ala Rogue Galaxy. Im use to waiting for RPGs but don't cock tease us RPGers with stuff you're not going to back up.

Bebpo

Banned
MGS4 and GTA4 are sure bets for Oct/Nov 2007.

2008?
-FFXIII
-White Knight Story
-SMT4
-RE5
-PGR4
-Mario Galaxy OR Super Smash Bros.
-Gears of War 2
-Silent Hill 5

I dunno Smash Bros. looked very far along. And that was last May.

Nintendo would probably want to position it as their December title though ... every year in Japan, Nintendo has a big title for December, Smash Bros. would probably be a natural fit for that slot.

I think Super Paper Mario moving out of 2007 for a 2008 release with a major redesign unfortunately may be more likely. I dunno if they'll release two Mario games like that in one year.

arne

Ponn01 said:
Um, you're stating the obvious that we all have known in localization. Especially when it comes to RPGs. The point is if MS didn't in fact have any new or different techniques like concurrent localization with development then why all the big talk about shorter localization time on this game? Trust me, i'd rather have a good game or even extras from the japanese version ala Rogue Galaxy. Im use to waiting for RPGs but don't cock tease us RPGers with stuff you're not going to back up.

But I was stating there are factors OTHER than localization which might be obvious (but I guess not).

Troidal

I would have imagined Halo Wars to be the "filler" until Halo 3 comes out...I can't see it being the other way around when all people are really waiting for is Halo 3.

Halo Wars is this year, and Halo 3 in 2008...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'd actually want Mario Galaxy and SSBB to be delayed to at least mid 2008, but Nintendo wouldn't have anything major for 2007.

Final Fantasy 13 + all the other FF13 games
Halo Wars
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy or Super Paper Mario (One of the two will be pushed back)
Re5
Phantom Hourglass

All to be pushed back to 2008 I reckon.

usea said:
For Smash Bros. Brawl, I really only see a 50% chance of it being released in 2007. If it is released this year, it will be in Q4. There is no chance of it coming out earlier.
why do you say that? Is the release date still slated for march? I agree 100% there is no way its making that date, but it will be out by years end. Really don't see what would push it back, unless they wanted to perfect the online mechanics

The only way I see mario comming out this year is if they have enough time to spread out smash bros, metroid, and mario. If they could release smash/metroid in spring, the other in summer, mario could make it out by november. But if we dont see any game until atleast june, no way in hell theyre blowing their load all at once with 3 games of those statures dropping so close together

Top Bottom