• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with native mouse + keyboard support on PS4/PS4 PRO

Greetings. I know that there are some games that support mouse and keyboard on PS4 and PS4 PRO. But the only game that I know off is Paragon. Are there more games that do? Especially FPS ones. What about the latest Battlefield 1 and Resident Evil 7?
Are there also apps that support mouse and keyboard?
Thanks.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What the...? Had no idea you could play with mouse and keyboard whatsoever on PS4.

Does it work well?

Is it easy to do?

Is anyone else surprised?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What the...? Had no idea you could play with mouse and keyboard whatsoever on PS4.

Does it work well?

Is it easy to do?

Support for it is very limited cause most Devs don't bother with it. For the few games that do support it natively, it's just plug and play. FFXIV for example has an option to flick between MKB and controller input that along with the input change it also changes the hud to match your input.

If you want it to work with all games you need expensive adapters for that. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MG654FM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Rellik

Does it work well?

Is it easy to do?

You're facing people using a mouse in all your favourite FPS games on consols. Sony even have officially licensed mouse addons.

Thanks for the response.
So that is it? only 3 games so far? I thought there were more. Not even one single FPS?
What about apps?

RedSwirl

It's kind of been there in the background for years on PlayStation. I think there are a handful of PS3 games and even a couple PS2 games that support MKB.

jediyoshi

Not really, they all just emulate the thumbstick.

That's what they do, but since it's ultimately all software based, they all have different implementations. The ones that break down games based on their specific acceleration curves and dead zones per profile versus ones that generically apply the same motions to everything fare differently.

You're facing people using a mouse in all your favourite FPS games on consols. Sony even have officially licensed mouse addons.

Keyword, native. If the game is "seeing" a controller, it's subject to their limitations.

vivftp

Hmm, how would it feel to play something like Destiny or The Division on PS4 using this keyboard and mouse?

dracula_x

sorry about little rant, but do some devs realize that PS4 can support mouse and keyboard by default?

7IeE6No.png

I don't care about FPS genre, just gamepad is fine for that. But there's no excuse if strategy games (like Tropico, Sudden Strike, Cities Skylines) and CRPGs (like Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillar of Eternity) don't support mouse on PS4.

and what baffles me most is that even on PS1 there were more games with mouse support than currently on PS4 ~ 60 titles → https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mouse

Top Bottom