• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

Does anybody remember an SNES game where you play as some pink or purple blob thing and you can climb on walls and stuff? I didn't play it often enough to remember the name and I barely remember the game other than those two aspects.

cacildo

Does anybody remember an SNES game where you play as some pink or purple blob thing and you can climb on walls and stuff? I didn't play it often enough to remember the name and I barely remember the game other than those two aspects.

Smartball?

One of the first games i rented for my SNES

I've been looking for a game I played years and years ago. Can't seem to find it on google. Here's what I remember:

- Adventure game, possibly Point-and-Click. I believe it had pre-rendered backgrounds, though not sure.
- I believe it was grey-scale, or maybe just dark.
- Story was neo-noir. That much I remember.
- I believe you played as a female detective, but this part is fuzzy. Maybe just a female on a quest.

That's about all I have. At this point, I feel like I'm making this game up, as the only noir adventure games on google seem to be Gemini Rue and Grim Fandango.

What year are we talking roughly?

Nairume

Banned
So I've been trying to remember the name of this game andmy google-fu is failing me as I try to remember it. Maybe somebody here will remember it.

This game, which I swear existed and was totally not some kind of fever dream, was kind of adventure game/mini-game collection hybrid that I *think* was a late DOS/early Windows 95 game. Only thing I remember clearly about it is that one of the minigame scenarios was that two Hanz and Franz bodybuilders got turned into giant horsemen and you had to go inside them to shoot viruses to prevent them from growing supersize (I remember the line "We'll grow to the size of Red China!").

Trance

Alright, if GAF can't help me then no one can, and I'll accept that it's all in my imagination.

I remember this platformer I used to play on the PC as a kid in the mid-90s (our OS was DOS). You played as either a bipedal cat robot or a bipedal cat in robot armor, but either way the body was dark red. I also remember a lot of vertical platforming. I think the cat's name was Diana or Diamond or something. I was somewhere between 5 and 7 when I would play this and I remember being so obsessed that I wanted to change my name to the cat's name (to which my dad said "You can't do that, that's a girl's name!"). The environment was dark, like a castle with traps or something, but the overall tone of the game was pretty friendly.

There's a good chance I'm conflating details from other memories. The Diana could very well be coming from the actual Princess Di and may have nothing to do with the game. I also played a lot of Prince of Persia and Cool Spot on DOS, along with a racing game that I remember too little about to describe here.

Alright, if GAF can't help me then no one can, and I'll accept that it's all in my imagination.

I remember this platformer I used to play on the PC as a kid in the mid-90s (our OS was DOS). You played as either a bipedal cat robot or a bipedal cat in robot armor, but either way the body was dark red. I also remember a lot of vertical platforming. I think the cat's name was Diana or Diamond or something. I was somewhere between 5 and 7 when I would play this and I remember being so obsessed that I wanted to change my name to the cat's name (to which my dad said "You can't do that, that's a girl's name!"). The environment was dark, like a castle with traps or something, but the overall tone of the game was pretty friendly.

There's a good chance I'm conflating details from other memories. The Diana could very well be coming from the actual Princess Di and may have nothing to do with the game. I also played a lot of Prince of Persia and Cool Spot on DOS, along with a racing game that I remember too little about to describe here.

Apparently, there's a series of games called RedCat where you play as a cat with a pot on its head. In RedCat 2, the princess Dana has been kidnapped and you have to rescue her.

0SbB3BW.png

This is a recent game and i'm prepared to admit it might have been a dream but is there an indie game where the character has accelerated aging as you explore and you have to return to a 'Fountain of Youth' type checkpoint to rejuvenate your character?

It's for a thread here on GAF and i'm pretty sure Patrick Klepek covered it on Giant Bomb but i can't fnd anything over there. Is there a list of games covered by him in the "Worth Playing" videos?

This is a recent game and i'm prepared to admit it might have been a dream but is there an indie game where the character has accelerated aging as you explore and you have to return to a 'Fountain of Youth' type checkpoint to rejuvenate your character?

It's for a thread here on GAF and i'm pretty sure Patrick Klepek covered it on Giant Bomb but i can't fnd anything over there. Is there a list of games covered by him in the "Worth Playing" videos?

I think that's Rogue Legacy.

I think that's Rogue Legacy.

In Rogue Legacy your death generates a new generation of offspring to choose from. The game i recall had the character aging as you played, almost on a timer and i'm sure it was top-down isometric looking like the Zelda games.

I'll double check Rogue Legacy though.

I've been looking for a game I played years and years ago. Can't seem to find it on google. Here's what I remember:

- Adventure game, possibly Point-and-Click. I believe it had pre-rendered backgrounds, though not sure.
- I believe it was grey-scale, or maybe just dark.
- Story was neo-noir. That much I remember.
- I believe you played as a female detective, but this part is fuzzy. Maybe just a female on a quest.

That's about all I have. At this point, I feel like I'm making this game up, as the only noir adventure games on google seem to be Gemini Rue and Grim Fandango.

Hmm... perhaps Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller? That might be it, I'm not sure. The game has prerendered backgrounds, you walk around, dark color palette, futuristic cyberpunk setting, can play as a male or female character...

teknix

Neo Member
There was a game for PSX as a kid that I remember seeing the cover for it in blockbuster. It was of a futuristic police car with the sirens on. I've been looking for the name of the game, but just can't remember it. Any help?

Gears

I remember owning a game for the ps1 that was some kind of fantasy rpg. The biggest thing I remember is early on you get a little companion that kinda looks like a pink pig with wings. Later on when it grows up, I noticed it was actually a dragon of some sort.

I remember owning a game for the ps1 that was some kind of fantasy rpg. The biggest thing I remember is early on you get a little companion that kinda looks like a pink pig with wings. Later on when it grows up, I noticed it was actually a dragon of some sort.

Guardian's Crusade?
Guardian'sCrusadeCover.jpg

Sounds like Guardian Crusade for PS1.

Edit: And beaten

Gears

The only other game I can just barely remember was a puzzle game of sorts. I know it was on ps1, and you play as a little guy in a pod thats on top of a screw driver bit, and you go around on a stage avoiding enemies while unscrewing screws. Perhaps my baby self imagined it up haha

ryanmac

Banned
I remember a game I owned on NES and it always bugs me that I can't remember the name. You controlled a single character in what I think was a platformer. I remember shooting a weapon that might've been like laser bolts or something. I think the game had a Sci-Fi theme -- but it's been so long I can't recall. You might've been climbing ladders to get to different levels of the platform. I don't remember much about the enemies or progression in the game.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not CONTRA.

LGom09

I remember a game I owned on NES and it always bugs me that I can't remember the name. You controlled a single character in what I think was a platformer. I remember shooting a weapon that might've been like laser bolts or something. I think the game had a Sci-Fi theme -- but it's been so long I can't recall. You might've been climbing ladders to get to different levels of the platform. I don't remember much about the enemies or progression in the game.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not CONTRA.
Journey to Silius maybe.

DTJAAAAM

The only other game I can just barely remember was a puzzle game of sorts. I know it was on ps1, and you play as a little guy in a pod thats on top of a screw driver bit, and you go around on a stage avoiding enemies while unscrewing screws. Perhaps my baby self imagined it up haha

Gubble?

Slayven

Trying to remember the name of a game that stared 2 women. Came out on Xbox and PS3. The japanese woman was a ninja type and the blonde did guns. It might have been canceled

OraleeWey

It was either a Ps1 game or a Ps2 game can't remember. But you were a knight I believe. The game revolved around swords battles. I think there were a few NPCs on screen you could battle, which was impressive at the time. IIRC you could ride horses. The theme was like Lord Of The Rings. It was kind of a dark theme.

L.O.R.D

hi , i wish someone help me with this
its a game i got it when i bought msi FX 5200 AGP graphic card i think
so it 2004-2005 i think
it strange game
you drive a car in futuristic city
the cars can fly
its like The Fifth Element movie
i think this game was a promo demo for the card i think
because you don't do anything else flying around in the city
also there are alot of cars , so you have to watch out not to get hit

kafiend

hi , i wish someone help me with this
its a game i got it when i bought msi FX 5200 AGP graphic card i think
so it 2004-2005 i think
it strange game
you drive a car in futuristic city
the cars can fly
its like The Fifth Element movie
i think this game was a promo demo for the card i think
because you don't do anything else flying around in the city
also there are alot of cars , so you have to watch out not to get hit

I also answered you in the other thread you asked in but Beam Breakers?

FuuRe

I only remember a single part of this, and it's not gameplay.

A 2d arcade game I only remember the intro of it, this was the part before you entered coins on the machine.

It showed a fighter jet in what it seems to be the Vietnam War, the plane crashed in the middle of the jungle, and then a message appeared.

"20 years later" (I could be wrong on the 20)

Then showing the rusty plane growing plants and vegetation, and showing the name of the game.

That's all I got.

I only remember a single part of this, and it's not gameplay.

A 2d arcade game I only remember the intro of it, this was the part before you entered coins on the machine.

It showed a fighter jet in what it seems to be the Vietnam War, the plane crashed in the middle of the jungle, and then a message appeared.

"20 years later" (I could be wrong on the 20)

Then showing the rusty plane growing plants and vegetation, and showing the name of the game.

That's all I got.

It's Caliber Fifty, you're spot on with the "20". :)

There's a game i've been trying to find for years, but i can't remember much of it and i only played the demo.

The game is from around 10 years ago, maybe longer than that.You had some sort of vehicle that had different abilities, I specifically remember it had a speed boost ability and a pair of wings that would slide out of the side that possibly had lights on the end, similar to the ones Buzz Lightyear has. I think it was some sort of adventure game, i remember there were things like jumps you had to go over and at one point there were several buildings with turrets or some sort of enemy. There may have been a laser or similar weapon on the vehicle, but I'm not sure. The game had a weird name like "Ultimate" or "Infinite" or "quantum" or something like that, something that isn't used too often but would fit with some sort of sci-fi game.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

eso76

There's a game i've been trying to find for years, but i can't remember much of it and i only played the demo.

The game is from around 10 years ago, maybe longer than that.You had some sort of vehicle that had different abilities, I specifically remember it had a speed boost ability and a pair of wings that would slide out of the side that possibly had lights on the end, similar to the ones Buzz Lightyear has. I think it was some sort of adventure game, i remember there were things like jumps you had to go over and at one point there were several buildings with turrets or some sort of enemy. There may have been a laser or similar weapon on the vehicle, but I'm not sure. The game had a weird name like "Ultimate" or "Infinite" or "quantum" or something like that, something that isn't used too often but would fit with some sort of sci-fi game.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

System, view (top down, 3d etc) ?

System, view (top down, 3d etc) ?

It was a PC game with 3D graphics. The view was 3rd person (from behind the vehicle) but you may have been able to rotate the camera, I don't remember there being a 1st person option though. I think it took place on some other planet and had a sci-fi theme, it definitely didn't have a modern-day/realistic theme.

It was a PC game with 3D graphics. The view was 3rd person (from behind the vehicle) but you may have been able to rotate the camera, I don't remember there being a 1st person option though. I think it took place on some other planet and had a sci-fi theme, it definitely didn't have a modern-day/realistic theme.

Sounds like it could be Infestation.

kingwingin

This is going to be extremely vague but I'll try

I remember it was a point and click game from the 90's and I believe you start off in an apartment and I believe it's in first person.
It also had a futuristic but yet slummy future design.

I remember being able to turn on the faucet and seeing water flow out and was blown away.

I also think after your done in the apartment you go to a local bar/club and that's all I remember.

mclem

I remember it was a point and click game from the 90's and I believe you start off in an apartment and I believe it's in first person.

I remember being able to turn on the faucet and seeing water flow out and was blown away.

I also think after your done in the apartment you go to a local bar/club and that's all I remember.

Sounds like it might be Normality.

Check the second screenshot on that page; it's from the start of the game.

Uthred

Hmm this is super vague, all I can remember is an in engine cut scene, pretty sure it was a JRPG on the PS2 or possibly the Wii. The characters had combat forms that were vaguely like power ranger ninjas, in the cutscene they were defending a train (or possibly a robot) being wheeled out on train tracks. There was lots of Goky style teleportation and it was super over the top.

I know thats so vague that I dont even deserve to know what it is ;)

kingwingin

Sounds like it might be Normality.

Check the second screenshot on that page; it's from the start of the game.
just checked out a video and that's not it. My game was a lot darker themed. Felt like you played as a drunk or pill popping cop.

I remember the apartment was dark and I think the only light was coming from the window and was either a street lamp or a cop car flashing lights

Shane86

Snatcher?

Rise of the Dragon.

4ASHJJo.gif

Hmm this is super vague, all I can remember is an in engine cut scene, pretty sure it was a JRPG on the PS2 or possibly the Wii. The characters had combat forms that were vaguely like power ranger ninjas, in the cutscene they were defending a train (or possibly a robot) being wheeled out on train tracks. There was lots of Goky style teleportation and it was super over the top.

I know thats so vague that I dont even deserve to know what it is ;)

Try The Sword o Etheria (PS2).

Top Bottom