• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite's Weird-Looking Chun-Li Will Be Improved

Tripon

At a Marvel vs. Capcom panel during San Diego Comic-Con, Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono revealed that the developers are improving Chun-Li and some other unspecified Capcom character models. According to Ono:

"The development team is hard at work finishing the game for the September 19 release date, and based off the feedback we heard, we are currently making improvements to Chun-Li as well as other Capcom characters. Since the work is still in progress, we don’t have anything final to show you just yet, but stay tuned."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-weird-looking-chun-li-w/1100-6451961/

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hope by 'other capcom characters' they mean Crackfiend Dante. Let us also pray for Liefeld Captain America.

Blackage

People weren't loud enough about Dante's face it seems.

Ken's face in SFV was also ignored, and the less said about Ibuki's win pose the better.

Nephtes

People weren't loud enough about Dante's face it seems.

Ken's face in SFV was also ignored, and the less said about Ibuki's win pose the better.

Capcom: we will fix female characters when our largely male audience tells us they're ugly, but the male characters we hit with the ugly stick?
lol no.

Nyoro SF

Now turn off CA, hire and pay a professional UI designer and you are halfway there to making a slick looking game. God, this game is not going to launch well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You could have at least included the bit about how Ono did it in OP, or that there's a Day 1 patch not just for Chun's face but other improvements.

Man, this game cannot catch a break. Even when there's positive news it's not reported in full.

JayEH

You could have at least included the bit about how Ono did it in OP, or that there's a Day 1 patch not just for Chun's face but other improvements.

Man, this game cannot catch a break. Even when there's positive news it's not reported in full.

Yep.

For those who don't know Ono disguised himself then asked the question during the panel.

Who could that be?

Hopefully Dante.

Doesn't look good if they're talking about a Day 1 patch now. I would have hoped that a lot of issues would be ironed out and ready when the game goes gold.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I liked Chun-Li's face because it was bad....just like the game..if they fix it people might get the wrong idea and think this game is worth a damn.

Blackage

Did you read the OP, it says other characters as well

Capcom lies and omits things to hide their incompetence, unless they straight up come out and mention a specific character like they've been forced to with Chun I'm only hearing fluff about how they want me to buy their game and how everything will be great.

It's no different from them telling us Marvel didn't prohibit them from using the X-Men, but knowing damn well they won't be in the game at launch heh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doesn't look good if they're talking about a Day 1 patch now. I would have hoped that a lot of issues would be ironed out and ready when the game goes gold.
Why does it matter if it's fixed by the gold master if it's ready for release anyways? I don't get why it should be rushed if they've got more time to work on these things.

Tripon

you want to make a thread about that, go ahead. Also been asked to not quite the whole article.

BTW, I rechecked the article and it does not talk about a day 1 patch.

jacobeid

Banned
Honestly that's not going to matter much when the full game comes out if the demo is any indication (I know it's an old build), but it's good to hear that they're listening.

Just like they did with Ken in SFV....

Lulubop

Capcom lies and omits things to hide their incompetence, unless they straight up come out and mention a specific character like they've been forced to with Chun I'm only hearing fluff about how they want me to buy their game and how everything will be great.

It's no different from them telling us Marvel didn't prohibit them from using the X-Men, but knowing damn well they won't be in the game at launch heh.

Ok, well I don't know what to tell you. Ono himself asked the question about why he face is bad, they responded by mentioning her and everyone else in a day 1 patch. Let's not pretend that her face hasn't gotten the most attention.

It's a lose, lose. Damn if you do mention it, damned if you don't it seems.

I wonder who could they mean by "other unspecified Capcom character models."

6bK2VeK.jpg

Dali

So Ken is just supposed to look like the middle image in someone's progression in a "faces of meth" picture? Ya know, like obviously a meth head but not quite the last image where they look like Dumbledore (but you find out they are actually only 25 years old).

I'm pretty sure fans said his face is super busted yet that has been ignored.

What about the overall graphics of the game and not just Chun li's face? The game looks like a early ps3 or late ps2 game with higher resolution AKA an android/iOS game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
you want to make a thread about that, go ahead. Also been asked to not quite the whole article.

BTW, I rechecked the article and it does not talk about a day 1 patch.
But that's my point, when it was announced it was for a Day 1 patch to the game alongside other visual improvements. Selective underreporting in the article.

Obviously wouldn't make sense to make another thread on the same piece of information just because this article decided to keep out details.

Now turn off CA, hire and pay a professional UI designer and you are halfway there to making a slick looking game. God, this game is not going to launch well.
People are saying CA is noticeably turned down or removed in the latest build, but I can't tell the difference myself.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What about the overall graphics of the game and not just Chun li's face? The game looks like a early ps3 or late ps2 game with higher resolution AKA an android/iOS game.
That's... demonstrably wrong.

There art style is trash, don't get me wrong but it does not look like an upscaled PS3 game, let alone a PS2 one.

lantus

Not a good sign when developers are trying to make changes to the game this close to launch. I'm anticipating a worse launch than Street Fighter V.

Nyoro SF

Why does it matter if it's fixed by the gold master if it's ready for release anyways? I don't get why it should be rushed if they've got more time to work on these things.

To me it's a vote of no confidence if Capcom thought the quality of the game's presentation was good enough this close to launch before the fans pointed and said WTF is this? Rushing to fix some of the most basic and obvious issues like your characters looking like meth addicts as your game is nearing its debut is one of the more obvious warning signs I've seen for a game.

Chun-Li and Dante's faces (and the other graphical horrors) are just emblematic of a larger message that Capcom is sending their fans before launch. It speaks to me that the other features of the game are also going to be similarly treated with poor care. Like matchmaking, for instance, I think is going to be a low quality bundle of laggy connections and unreliable connection indicators.

ZangBa

This game needs a 6 month delay so bad. It's so obvious how rushed the game looks, it's going to launch so badly.

That's... demonstrably wrong.

There art style is trash, don't get me wrong but it does not look like an upscaled PS3 game, let alone a PS2 one.

Still looks really bad nothing close to its competitors like MK or DBZ or Tekken 7. Even SFV looks better than this.

Not a good sign when developers are trying to make changes to the game this close to launch. I'm anticipating a worse launch than Street Fighter V.

True. Trying to make these changes in Day 1 doesn't sound too hot. I am expecting a mega flop. Worse than SFV. Which is sad because I don't know if capcom FG division can take so many failures in a row now.

Anticol

Banned
Whats wrong with her character model? Maybe she is 50 or 60 in the story mode and that's why she looks like that, we don't know.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Since when does game development just.. stop once you're 2 months away from the launch of a game, especially when we're not talking big changes but tidying up models and presentation?

Destiny 2 is releasing two weeks earlier and is still undergoing balancing in response to feedback as we speak, just like MvC:I is incorporating feedback from recent builds. It's the norm.

Top Bottom