• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite's Weird-Looking Chun-Li Will Be Improved

Seyavesh

tfw capcom says they're gonna fix your face
JPIStcH.jpg

RM8

SFV Cammy - face got changed because of fans complaining. MvCI Chun - face got changed because of fans complaining. SFV Ken - deal with it ;(

lupinko

If they are hellbent on rehashing marvel 3 then just use the same ink filter and make it more cartoony/comicbooky.

This fake realism crap doesn't work when you have goofy anime characters like Arthur or Megaman reploids.

Marvel is owned by Disney now, they can afford to be cartoony, they're not edgelords like DC.

JeTmAn81

I actually played a little bit of SFV against a pretty experienced guy the other day. He was playing like it was life or death for him. He was on tilt and hungry for a win. I was like, "Oh, he's fgc for sure." Lol

I don't understand what this means

Dahbomb

Wait, this isn't really all that bad. I kind of like the design. Why is this being changed?
Are you kidding me?

This looks like a pre schooler got a hold of her mom's make up and went ham on herself.

And then accidentally burnt off half of her eye brows.

Spinluck

Kind of funny that it's one of their own characters, you'd think they'd have enough frame of references in studio.

And good Lord is Thor's model ugly as fuck too. They've botched quite a few of the characters.

I-hate-u

^Just import the her mvc3 self.

It's not even about her being ugly. Look how lifeless she looks during that ult compared 3. Her face is tired. Dunkey/CrowbCat are already working on their MvC:I vid prolly.

I think overall SFV isn't a bad looking game. Ken face is a thing but he doesn't look that bad in-game, it really only shows on the CSS.

MVC:I is a bad looking game.

shaowebb

tumblr_inline_orgpniWcRa1tq6g30_540.png

That's just a totally different character. That's like Chun Li's friend from work who happened upon her outfit when she was snooping around her office.
Are you kidding me?
This looks like a pre schooler got a hold of her mom's make up and went ham on herself.
And then accidentally burnt off half of her eye brows.
Chun's new face design looks awfully familiar to me...WAIT A SECOND! I KNOW WHERE I"VE SEEN THAT FACE BEFORE!
2nJWLL4.jpg

DxD

Banned
I think MvC:I devs are using Bethesda character creation to make some of these faces.
They are pretty bad.
Good thing most of the super heroes are wearing mask to hide their potential ugly faces.

BTW, have fans complain about how bad the voice acting is in this game?
Because they need to "improve" on that too.

Neoxon

I think MvC:I devs are using Bethesda character creation to make some of these faces.
They are pretty bad.
Good thing most of the super heroes are wearing mask to hide their potential ugly faces.

BTW, have fans complain about how bad the voice acting is in this game?
Because they need to "improve" on that too.
The voice acting recording for MvCI apparently wasn't done at New Generation Pictures like pretty much every other Capcom fighting game (SFV included). It was likely done at Marvel's recording studio for their animated shows this time, & their possible lack of experience with directing fighting game voice acting may explain why the delivery isn't as solid as most Capcom fighting games despite the talent they have on-board (Vanessa Marshall as Gamora, Grey DeLisle as Captain Marvel, Brian Bloom as Captain America, Eric Loomis as Iron Man, Trevor Devall as Rocket, Kevin Michael Richardson as Groot, Travis Willingham as Thor, Liam O'Brien as Doctor Strange, etc.).

Mature

That's just a totally different character. That's like Chun Li's friend from work who happened upon her outfit when she was snooping around her office.
And now I like it.

They don't need to fix Chun, they need to add her in alongside her friend.

Top Bottom