• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpy: Tony Hawk's American Sk8land is definitely the best DS game to date

fresquito

catfish said:
Any tips on how to get your air stats up? I have trouble keeping a combo with lots of grabs running, mainly cause a revert/manual slows you down alot. I need to do something like 12 grabs in a row to get the next point I think. Also, are these levels that have been in another tony hawk? I think I've played on alcatraz before.

Only problems i have with the game is that the difficulty in story seems a bit up and down, they put you right in front of the thing you are supposed to grind most of the time and then occasionally a really hard goal crops up. Also the touch screen stuff isn't that great, the freak out o meter is starting to get annoying. touch specials are just the same as button combo specials though, so it's all good.
Well, you have to do that much grabs, but not necesarily in the same jump, you know. I did a very high jump with the special metter full and do all the grabs I could, then I´d go grind somewhere to get some speed again, and do the same jump. All in the same combo, of course.

And yeah, the dificulty seems a bit odd. Usually it´s very easy, but then you can be thrown to some dificult things to do. And about the touch imput, yes, Freak Out is a bit annoying, but you can ignore it and just work your way out like in every other TH game, and as for Specials, oddly enough, I can´t do them manually, don´t know how to do them :-/ I´ll hvce to search a little more to find the list, I guess.

Alcatraz apperas in THPS4, at least.

Error2k4 said:
so how's the game? and the online mode does it play well? I mean the game randomly selects your opponent or does it give you the choice to select whoever you want to play against?
So far the game is amazing. As for online play, I´ve just been able to play random games, so, couldn´t choose whom I wanted to face. The bad thing about random play is that the skill of your oponent is random, so, you may have to face a pro or a newbie. That makes the game less interesting. I hope friend´s play is a better option. However, online isn´t reduced to face to face matchs, you can do a lot of other things that are quite interesting. Since I like drawing, being able to upload my art is a big thing :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I can´t do them manually, don´t know how to do them :-/ I´ll hvce to search a little more to find the list, I guess.

go to the skateshop, in there is an "assign specials" option, you start with about 2 specials and the list grows but they remain unassigned, when you add one, it gives you the button combo to choose.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Did they keep the newer moves from the latest games like Wallplants, Spine Transfers and walking/running?

fresquito

I´ve thought of a way to share friend codes with people. But you know, this should be a"trend" to follow. The idea is to create a graffitti with our friend code, and everytime we enjoy a game, search for a place and put it there. probably none will realise, but through word and mouth maybe we can do something :-/

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
nine words said:
I´ve thought of a way to share friend codes with people. But you know, this should be a"trend" to follow. The idea is to create a graffitti with our friend code, and everytime we enjoy a game, search for a place and put it there. probably none will realise, but through word and mouth maybe we can do something :-/

that is a pretty good idea. how does one upload/download a graffiti piece to the DS?

Once again, this game is fucking great. buy it all of you!

fresquito

There´s an option in the WiFi mode. As for downloading diferent content (not created by you), you gotta use the official website. However, what I meant is to draw the graffitti on the wall, while we play. But uploading it on the official website should help too, so people will see the "trend".

Gio_CoD

Banned
To the guy who requested how to up his air stats:

Just stand still, jump up, do an indy grab (<- + a) and then do a manual. Jump up, do an indy, manual, jump up, do an indy, manual, jump up, do an indy, manual... repeat as often as necessary.

Obviously you'll want to up your manual stats before you do air, but that's how I maxed out all my stats.

Spencerr

Banned
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEONE WITH A FRIEND WHO WAS THIS GAME TELL ME WHETHER THE TEXT CHAT BETWEEN FRIENDS IS IN OR OUT

Haleon said:
To the guy who requested how to up his air stats:

Just stand still, jump up, do an indy grab (<- + a) and then do a manual. Jump up, do an indy, manual, jump up, do an indy, manual, jump up, do an indy, manual... repeat as often as necessary.

Obviously you'll want to up your manual stats before you do air, but that's how I maxed out all my stats.

I used this method but with grinds instead of manuals, and it also worked very well. Focus helps a lot to make sure that you don't bail.

And there is no chat of any kind in the game, even between friends, unless it's really well hidden.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
yeah whats the deal, are no gaffers playing each other at this yet? I'm a wait for the dongle person, I guess mariokart is eating most of the userbase right now.

Spencerr said:
Huh. It's supposed to be in "the lobby" while you're picking what to play, oh well I guess not.

there really isnt a lobby.. its just free skate till 1 or the other chooses amode.. comes up on the other persons screen they accept or reject and game plays..

Spencerr

Banned
PezRadar said:
there really isnt a lobby.. its just free skate till 1 or the other chooses amode.. comes up on the other persons screen they accept or reject and game plays..

Right, that's where there's supposed to text chat. Oh well looks like we got screwed

fresquito

Anyone playing this game? I find no friends to play with... never! And when I look at the stadistics of my friend list, it seems the only onme playing besides me is Vook :-/ BTW I´m addicted to create art :D

Top Bottom