• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop has Gamecube Adapter for Wii U: $19.99 - Ships by 12/15 (Online Only)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I bought it. Realized how dumb this is since I don't even have a WiiU and by the time i do there will likely be other options.

I cancelled my order.

KScorp

Got my second one! Tbh not sure how often I'll actually use the second one, but I'd rather guarantee I have it now instead of hoping they appear again later when I'm sure I need it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully this isn't just the rest of their stock and they'll be getting more in later. Guess I'll see about getting my bro a Wii U Pro for Xmas instead.

And, as always, fuck scalpers.

that's all folks? lasted 1 hour this time.
thats_all_folks_wallpaper.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Judging by how quickly this wave of adapters sold out I think it will take 7 waves to satisfy demand.

Have to imagine at least half of them were purchased by scalpers. Hopefully more start showing up in stock next week so they don't see any ROI.

Namikaze

Got one, thanks! Now I have all the controller possibilities. 6 Wii remotes, 1 3DS, 4GC controllers, Gamepad, and Pro controller. Can't wait to play this with some friends.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Congratulations to those that were able to get one. Hopefully more come back in stock soon for those that didn't.

I didn't even order one, just wanted to let my fellow Gaffers know about it. I got my mine at launch.

I also was hoping Gaffers that actually needed it would get it instead of Ebay scalpers, not interested in the Wii U at all, getting them before actual gamers.

Sephzilla

Have to imagine at least half of them were purchased by scalpers. Hopefully more start showing up in stock next week so they don't see any ROI.

I wonder if Gamestop and the other bigger retailers should consider putting a "limit 2 per customer" cap on them to weed out scalpers.

Chuck

Still without luck
Everyone who hasn't got one, keep your eyes peeled for other retailers to get them soon. gamestop obviously got word of quantity and threw it up online right away, but best buy or whoever else will probably put them up in the next day or two.

Damn wasn't able to order mine cause i couldn't pull out my credit card at work. Hopefully we'll see them on best buy and amazon soon

JPS Kai

Everyone who hasn't got one, keep your eyes peeled for other retailers to get them soon. gamestop obviously got word of quantity and threw it up online right away, but best buy or whoever else will probably put them up in the next day or two.

Gamestop was advertising this as part of their 'Green Monday' sale so I wouldn't be surprised to see other retailers follow suit.

Top Bottom