• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop having a 50% console trade in bonus week, $232 for Wii U (USA)

gonna trade in forza 5. I haven't played it all that much but with forza 6 coming and a pretty big backlog might as well put that money towards better use

The extra trade in promos for games..is that ONLY for this weekend(Including Sunday) because I already got Rayman Legends for the XBOX ONE for free(Since they gave it for free for March) I have the game for the PS4 and Gamestop is offering 27.50 for it

ryseing

I will give someone 25 dollars for their PS TV if they want to trade it in lol

Seconded. Fuck, I'll give them $30.

Wondering if it's time to get rid of my copy of Radiant Dawn. I was going to keep it for the possibility of getting a Wii U, but that possibility grows slimmer every day. $40 credit is decent for not having to deal with eBay. Hmm...

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
$240 back for my white Xbone is not quite enough for me to jump on it, otherwise I'd do it in a heartbeat. Still, I think I got $100 out of it, so maybe I'll do it. I just don't use it because of my PS4.

The Wii U...really close to trading it but the digital games I have on there like W101 and Windwaker...the lack of a account system on Nintendo consoles is ridiculous. The digital games I have on my Xbox could be redownloaded if I ever bought another. But with Nintendo systems....ugh. Such a headache.

I wish Best Buy would do this instead because the Gamer's Club discount. That credit could buy a lot more games!

tim.mbp

Is this an affiliate link in the OP?

Code:
www.gamestop.com/?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-ztDMQRAejIyjAyFbl4mL8Q

Ascenion

$240 back for my white Xbone is not quite enough for me to jump on it, otherwise I'd do it in a heartbeat. Still, I think I got $100 out of it, so maybe I'll do it. I just don't use it because of my PS4.

The Wii U...really close to trading it but the digital games I have on there like W101 and Windwaker...the lack of a account system on Nintendo consoles is ridiculous. The digital games I have on my Xbox could be redownloaded if I ever bought another. But with Nintendo systems....ugh. Such a headache.

I wish Best Buy would do this instead because the Gamer's Club discount. That credit could buy a lot more games!

Keep in mind for some reason the Xbox One trades in in pieces. So it might not just be $240.

Bad news, I just called in and this is apparently ONLY for holders of the PowerUp Credit Card (the card with the crazy high interest rate). Might want to call in before you collect all your old stuff.

GobFather

I'm buying a new PS4, I got a launch PS4 and while its nice the controller has wear and tear issues (launch PS4 known issue), its 15+ months old and for basically $30-40 I'll be able to switch to a completely brand new PS4. My local best buy also still has a few Destiny PS4s so I can switch to a white one to match my Sunset Overdrive white xbox one.

Some caveats:

1. for Wii U the system transfer is a mess, basically you need to deactivate your Wii U and then call in Nintendo whenever you buy a new one to activate your NNID on the new one and it could take a few days. If you have both Wii U's up at once you can do a system transfer of course. There is no way to backup save data from Wii Us unfortunately. I don't know if I will honestly ever buy a new Wii U, their online systems are so terrible that its just easier skipping the 2-3 great Wii U games.

2. For PS4 hard drives are encrypted, so backup your saves to a thumb/USB drive before you buy a new one. I have a 1TB drive I copied all the saves out of to a 128GB thumb drive, I'm going to swap a 2TB drive into my new PS4 and copy back all the saves but I will need to redownload all the games. I have a 100mb internet connection so will just start that up overnight, but something to keep in mind.

3. You can go to http://www.gamestop.com/trade to look up trade values, for consoles multiply by 1.5. Prices can change daily and I would expect the Wii U and PS4 values to drop this weekend.

Gamestop also takes PS2s and older stuff like DSi and DS lites, so a good time to get rid of that kind of stuff and put it towards a new game I guess? All these trade values are for Gamestop credit, NOT cash. I don't think you can get any bonuses if you try to get cash, and many counties/states won't let Gamestop do cash trades (pawn shop laws).

lol that makes a lot of sense. That's kind of smart, I got Day1 also lol

BumRush

Ugh, I think I may say goodbye to the Wii U.

The next and only game I'm really interested in buying for it is Zelda...

You were amazing while you lasted, buddy.

Jusr checked online stock at local gamestops to see if I could trade in my old 3DS's for a black n3DS. Closest store that has one is over 30miles away. Not too keen on the red one....

Looks like I am skipping this deal. Oh well.

RyuKanSan

That's false information he is spreading I have called and it's been confirmed on CAG that you only need a power up rewards card basic or pro (free or 14.99 subscription one).

okay gaf help me out here, i just called my local gamestop, the woman said she didn't know anything about it at all. just that they were having a couple xbox one specials coming up for PAX.

should i call around to other gamestops in the area or should i just take my console up there?

That's false information he is spreading I have called and it's been confirmed on CAG that you only need a power up rewards card basic or pro (free or 14.99 subscription one).

I'm not spreading false information, just what they guy told me when I called. I have a PowerUp Pro card as well as a PowerUp credit card, so as long as this deal is true I'll get the special. I don't mean to spread inaccurate information.

You do not lose your digital purchases with the 3DS/Wii U. You will need to call Nintendo CS to set up the purchases on a new system if you do not do a physical system-to-system transfer however.

It helps to have the serial of your old system.

Namikaze

Might trade in my PS2, "Phat" DS, Wii, and DS lite.

My new 3DS XL covers all the DS games I still own. I have a Wii U so no use for the Wii (still have my GameCube for GameCube games, I'd much rather use that as I don't need batteries in my Wii remote to boot the Wii every time I want to play a GC game).

The only one I might regret trading in is the PS2, I still need to finish Dragon Quest 8. Was thinking about getting a slim instead though, I don't think my old PS2 will last much longer and I don't want it to die with the game inside it, lol.

Swass

So tempted on the Wii U trade in price, I bought it for $250 on an eBay black Friday sale in 2013 and haven't used it since playing through Windwaker, could trade it in and almost break even.

I'm not spreading false information, just what they guy told me when I called. I have a PowerUp Pro card as well as a PowerUp credit card, so as long as this deal is true I'll get the special. I don't mean to spread inaccurate information.

No worries. Just making sure people read that and think that is what is going on. The employee gave you false info. Not your fault.

cafemomo

Might trade in my PS2, "Phat" DS, Wii, and DS lite.

My new 3DS XL covers all the DS games I still own. I have a Wii U so no use for the Wii (still have my GameCube for GameCube games, I'd much rather use that as I don't need batteries in my Wii remote to boot the Wii every time I want to play a GC game).

The only one I might regret trading in is the PS2, I still need to finish Dragon Quest 8. Was thinking about getting a slim instead though, I don't think my old PS2 will last much longer and I don't want it to die with the game inside it, lol.

They won't accept your PS2. Maybe back in 2011

Lemstar

Or don't support GameStop at all and instead sell your consoles on the Buy Sell Trade thread here on NeoGaf.

Assuming that Amazon credit converts to cash at a 10% discount, $345 tradein value is worth $310.50. Shipping a PlayStation 4 USPS Large Flat Rate with signature confirmation costs $18.15. After PayPal fees, that comes out to $340.

Let me know when someone in the b/s/t thread is interested in buying a scuffed up PS4 at that price.

They won't accept your PS2. Maybe back in 2011

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002227

bobawesome

You do not need gamestop credit card to trade, just a pur account which you can sign up free for in store. Deal should be nationwide but some employees may not be aware. Just bought a new ps4 at bestbuy after trading mine into GS and buying amazon GCs will post the promo code from receipt when i get home.

//ARCANUM

Too bad nintendo isn't still selling those refurb Wii U at $200. You could actually make money on this deal. Just keep buying refurb Wii U and make $32 each lol.

edit - they actually have bundles at $225 so you *could* make money off it. just don't know if it'd be worth the hassle lol

Could I trade in my 3DS for like cash or a Nintendo points card? I really don't play it. I bought it for A Link Between Worlds and haven't played it since, because I don't like small screens for games.

They also have higher trade in values this weekend for many games, here is a dump from user DealSeeker2U on cheapassgamer:

Help me out here, are those really the trade-in prices for the games listed? $35 for Skyward Sword? Is that after the bonus? And is it store credit or cash? I've got hundreds of dollars worth of games I never play sitting on my shelf...

Hip Hop

I may trade in my Wii U since it's out of warranty and grabbing one of those Nintendo store refurbished bundles gives me a year of it.

I have various downloaded titles on there. How would I get them all back?

Also, how do you delete your data from the console without deleting the Nintendo ID so I can transfer it later?

SerTapTap

Anyone know what they take off for not having a controller? Wondering if giving them a DS4 with the PS4 is worth it or if re-buying would cost more.

Don't they give $25 for a PS2? That would be a good trade I have two just sitting.

Uh if you can ship to US for not too much beyond that I'd gladly take a fat PS2 off your hands

Top Bottom