• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Managers Conference: Who's There?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Edag Plata said:
That's what I thought...everyone talks like they get them there.

Only one I think they got there was Rock Band 2. The others will get sent to them when they are released.

daegan

The thing is, in the past, a lot more games were given on-site (although they were usually crappier games). Besides, free is free, I'm not going to complain that I don't get it in an unfinished state.

I remember when (I wasn't a SM back then) they gave away Guilty Gear Isuka in a sleeve like months before it came out. (too bad it sucked.)

Any Manager who went to the conference want to do some PSN trading for Kratos DLC? I would be very pleased since I can't buy at Gamestop. PM me if so and we'll talk.

Kintaco

What about the WotLK beta keys, were those given there? And more importantly does anyone not want to use it and pass it a long to a fellow GAFer? :D

Halvie

Banned
Can anyone tell me if GameStop will hire store managers with no previous retail management experience (not a lot of jobs for history majors right now)? What the average salary is?

Halvie said:
Can anyone tell me if GameStop will hire store managers with no previous retail management experience (not a lot of jobs for history majors right now)? What the average salary is?

Personal experience only. The answer from me is no. In the district I worked at the District Manager specifically looked for people who have retail experiences for any management position. I never worked at Gamestop at the time and I beat out the then Senior Game Advisor who had been there for a while, finished a holiday season, and had way more game knowledge than I did.

Also, if you have little experience like you described, the weather forecast for you would be pretty miserable

Top Bottom