• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop offer Batman Beyond Skin for Batman: Arkham City

H3xum

Amazon is blowin it recently with their promotions.

That's a nice bit of fan service to the Batman lovers outside of just gamers

_dementia said:
Also, the boy (Batman Beyond spoilers)
turns out to be your illegitimate son for no reason other than to piss off the audience

Wow, really? Fuck that. Never knew that happened.

_dementia said:
turns out to be your illegitimate son for no reason other than to piss off the audience
I thought that twist with Epilogue worked rather well. But yeah the episode was pretty divisive with people.

I guess this kills any chance of GameStop Ireland having the Robin pre-order stuff. The skin would look a lot better without the insane muscle definition, but that's UE3 for ya.

Crewnh said:
I thought that twist with Epilogue worked rather well. But yeah the episode was pretty divisive with people.

People disliked that?! I thought it was EXACTLY like something Amanda Waller would do. Also, great nod to the Phantom Menace in that episoed. I loved that ending. O well.

MisterHero

_dementia said:
and the boy has
a kid brother that is also your illegitimate son

TODAY ON MAURY

How the hell does the Batman Beyond mask work anyways? I always thought it was weird that his eyes and mouth just kind of appeared over the black face mask

Jf5VMm.jpg

Wait a fucking minute. Where on earth are the GameStop shops in England? I regularly shop at two of the biggest shopping centres in the country and have yet to have seen a Gamestop shop.

Prices are much better than GAME too. Jeez.

Green Scar said:
Wow, really? Fuck that. Never knew that happened.
Not exactly, it turns out that
Cadmus had Bruce's genes spliced into Terry's dad under the guise of a routine shot, so that Terry's dad's gametes (sex cells) were indistinguishable from Bruce's. It was all part of a Cadmus plan to have a next-generation Batman, complete with a tragic loss-of-parents backstory. They actually wanted to kill Terry's parents themselves, but the assassin they tried to hire (Andrea Beaumont from Mask of the Phantasm) wouldn't do it, so they gave up on the project until it turned out that Terry's dad was murdered anyway by Jokerz.

EmCeeGramr said:
Cadmus had Bruce's genes spliced into Terry's dad under the guise of a routine shot, so that Terry's dad's gametes (sex cells) were indistinguishable from Bruce's. It was all part of a Cadmus plan to have a next-generation Batman, complete with a tragic loss-of-parents backstory. They actually wanted to kill Terry's parents themselves, but the assassin they tried to hire (Andrea Beaumont from Mask of the Phantasm) wouldn't do it, so they gave up on the project until it turned out that Terry's dad was murdered anyway by Jokerz.

OK... that's pretty fucking nuts.

MisterHero

Houston3000 said:
How the hell does the Batman Beyond mask work anyways? I always thought it was weird that his eyes and mouth just kind of appeared over the black face mask

Jf5VMm.jpg
Nanomachines, Snake

Green Scar said:
Actually, wait, how does Beyond Bats glide :lol
He has rockets in his shoes

Carbonox

Kinda want. I do hope the Batman Beyond gliders appear under the arms otherwise this will be the stupidest costume ever in the context of the game. Seeing him glide around without the gliders or even a cape would be quite hilarious. Plus there's the speech thing. Will you just see his mouth move up and down underneath the mask? So many questions.

jett

D-Member
Is Rocksteady incapable of modeling a character that is not addicted to HGH? Jesus.

Also, the might as well include this suit too:

the-dark-knight-got-milk.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
i remember when arkham asylum came for the PC, there was a big ass thread on eido forums i think? where people were posting batman arkham skins.

like 2 weeks after release they had every batman costume ever, and some silly ones like superman.

*salutes PC modders*

so glorious.

jett said:
Is Rocksteady incapable of modeling a character that is not addicted to HGH? Jesus.

Also, the might as well include this suit too:

I do wish they'd made Batman a bit more lean instead of as bulky as he looks.

Hiltz

Sometimes I wonder why developers even bother including alternative outfits when more they often look far worse than the original costume. If it makes one's eyes bleed, then don't put it in please.

EmCeeGramr said:
Terry's dad was killed by
Blight's right hand man. The jokerz wer just blamed as an excuse and cover up

ryan13ts

EmCeeGramr said:

Wait a minute, I just thought about something.
Doesn't Terry have a little brother, that's also the child of Warren McGinneus? So technically, the little kid from Batman Beyond is a mini-clone of Bruce Wayne as well, and also a potential canidate for Batman if anything happened to Terry?

Hex

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
If they cared they would have at least attempted to make the suit look good.

It is a skin, not a model.
There is only so much that can be done.

ryan13ts said:
Wait a minute, I just thought about something.
Doesn't Terry have a little brother, that's also the child of Warren McGinneus? So technically, the little kid from Batman Beyond is a mini-clone of Bruce Wayne as well, and also a potential canidate for Batman if anything happened to Terry?

Yup. You'll also notice, which I thought was odd when watching the series as it originally aired (before JL/JLU was ever on), that
Terry and his brother both have black hair yet BOTH of their parents have red hair

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
HGH characters are the best!

I love it, that's how the mouth is supposed to look for the BB costume.

Full body shot.

BatmanBeyondArkhamCity.jpg

EDIT: Man...I hope these skins are playable in campaign.

Also a Bane team up confirmed in a side mission confirmed in EDGE.

Top Bottom