• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
jMXTpc0avi1tC.jpg

puFu6H5.jpg

Some video game graphic tees are just atrocious! I don't know how some people could where them in public. I'll wear a video game tee if it's tastefully done or if it's just a logo.

I had a plain red shirt with the Nintendo logo. Dunno where the fuck I put it, but no one minded it.

Also, it not that they are plain videogames references that kill some shirts....They are just fucking ugly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My wife bought me the OG Horde WoW hoodie. I used to wear it often. I don't anymore because I quit...But I have no shame in wearing things like that. As long as its not something that is overly ridiculous, it ain't no thang.

Now those DBZ Hawaiian shirts...those are special.

Resilient

So you guys are insecure about wearing them so I have to feel like they're out of fashion? Everyone must conform to wearing polos and suits for the rest of our lives in order to not be looked down upon? Who cares, I'm not a fashion model. I enjoy wearing gaming shirts because it expresses my interests, regardless of what that kid across the street thinks of it.

What? No. I don't wear them out often because the ones I have look stupid as shit. Nobody says you have to be a fashion model. But you don't need to wear clothes that express your interests. I like games but I don't plaster it all over myself so everybody I meet knows it. You don't have to wear a polo/suit and "conform". If you didn't care so much, why are you here trying to defend it. Dumb clothes that don't match look stupid, regardless if they have a game related print on the front. It just so happens that game related prints, more often than not, make you look silly.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
What? No. I don't wear them out often because the ones I have look stupid as shit. Nobody says you have to be a fashion model. But you don't need to wear clothes that express your interests. I like games but I don't plaster it all over myself so everybody I meet knows it. You don't have to wear a polo/suit and "conform". If you didn't care so much, why are you here trying to defend it. Dumb clothes that don't match look stupid, regardless if they have a game related print on the front. It just so happens that game related prints, more often than not, make you look silly.

The only reason I'm here is because some dude chastised me for wearing gaming shirts. There is no need to wear a particular graphic tee, no more than there is a need to wear a basic striped button up shirt. A shirt is a shirt, there are no disadvantages to wearing a shirt portraying a particular game I like, whether or not it is under your impression that they look "silly" or "dumb". I am just clueless on why it would bother people to a point where they feel the need to mock others, especially on a gaming forum. In my opinion, it just makes those people look shallow.

I'm not a fan of a majority of extremely obvious gamer shirts, but not because I have an issue with showing my interest on a shirt, but more because a majority of them are awfully designed. There are some truly great subtle shirts though, some of which have been shared in this thread.

I do have no issue with elaborate shirts though, hell I wear band-shirts every now and again too. Hell, one of my favorite band-shirts to wear is this:

PKG00000150_634681094382797631.jpg

I actually get quite a lot of compliments from it and questions of what old sci-fi film it is. People are generally surprised when I say that it's a prog-rock album though.
Maybe everyone secretly loves Rutger Hauer

Kite

These are the only ones from this thread that I would ever consider wearing. They aren't garish or tacky and look like normal clothing but only other gamers would recognize them.

Perfectly fine shirt that doesnt offend the eyes and only means something to people who know Mass Effect:

Horrible shirt that offends everyones eye holes and will only make people hate Mass Effect when you tell them what its from:

If you have that N7 shirt, does it have a tag in it? Mine didn't come with a tag (odd, because I ordered it from Bioware), and I'd love to know who makes the shirt itself because I'd like to have the shirt in other colors and non-video game related. PM me if you know, please. thanks.

Arjen

I'm sorry, i would never wear any of those shirts posted here, and i've worn a happy tree friends shirt.

Piggus

I love my old San Andreas shirt

vRmd6vU.png

Not my pic. I need to get a new one or have mine repaired since it's pretty torn up.

Antagon

Probably the only thing worse then gaming shirts are 'subtle' gaming shirts.

If you do want to wear something gaming related, at least do it right.

contra-sweater.jpg

Lotto

http://www.1101.com/store/T/2006/design/index.html#special

I have the red MOTHER 3 t-shirt but in hindsight, I would much rather have the Franklin badge t-shirt. It's a shame they'll never be available ever again :[ I also have the Ness shirt from Fangamer. They look fine, fit well, and are made of nice material. It's true that I only wear them when I go out to conventions or something, but really, people need to lighten up in here. I've moved on from graphic tees as much as the next person but sometimes it's just boring as hell wearing a plain tee all the time. That 'Anime is the Best' shirt is amazing.

Its really not.

No one I work with knows what Mass Effect is, let alone what N7 means, unless they are relatively hardcore gamers.

Depends where you work - your colleagues aren't necessarily a representative sample of the whole population.

Gaming isn't a niche interest any more, and Mass Effect is a hugely popular franchise. You might be surprised.

Honestly, the few times I wear my "Evolutions of Eevee Prism" shirt are the main times when people actually come up to me to tell me that they like my shirt. Even people who don't get the references at all have commented in it. They come in 3 main camps: the Pink Floyd fans, the Pokemon fans, (the intersection between those two), and those who just think it's "cute".

It's a plain black t-shirt with the following print.
I had two instances today where that happened, a day I boldly chose to wear it once more. I overheard two guys in the bathroom going, "Whoa, did you see that guy's shirt? It's like...Pink Floyd, but with Eeve from Pokemon!" while I was in a stall. Pretty awkward.

On one occasion while waiting for a bus, I had one girl come up to me, wanting to take a picture of it, followed by a guy right in front of me as I was boarding the bus--smiling and turning around to tell me I had a cool shirt--and then yet another guy, already seated, yelling out "Nice shirt, dude!" as I walked by. At that point, I wonder if I sounded a bit short-tempered as I muttered a thank you in a sort of "Ok, I get it already" way. It honestly seemed like a joke at that point.

But anyway, whoever says graphic tees are unpopular are dead wrong. There is honestly something mystical about this shirt.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I wear video game shirts. But I only wear bungie shirts. I have about 4 of them. Only two I wear semi regularly the original white bungie logo in dring " were gonna kick you ass" on the back(which means I've literally never worn this shirt without a hoody to hide that, a dive had that shirt almost ten years) and the grey old bungie.net tee. I just bought the per audacia ad a strata shut on amazons, but then had no men's and I ordered a women's medium thinking its fit, but it didn't so I gave to this girl. Anyway, have you ever heard of a game called destiny, also I need to find my "senior picture" for bright school. I was wearing 300$ jeans and an olive green T with master chief in the corner. In the yearbook MC was invisible since he was just a breast ornamentation..l but I knew. And now you know.

hiro4

Ive got several gaming t-shirts, that I don't wear anymore in my normal life, but only in weekends when I'm at home and some I still wear normally.

I rather have that the gaming shirts I wear not to be easily recognized unless you know the games. same reason why I still wear my gundam t-shirt, nobody really recognizes it.

But as far as stores goes: Blackmilk has awesome clothes in general, but since I'm a guy not really for me ;) and of course King of Games. Pricey, but in my opinion worth it. I still rock the Zelda hoodie.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a fan of a majority of extremely obvious gamer shirts, but not because I have an issue with showing my interest on a shirt, but more because a majority of them are awfully designed. There are some truly great subtle shirts though, some of which have been shared in this thread.

I do have no issue with elaborate shirts though, hell I wear band-shirts every now and again too. Hell, one of my favorite band-shirts to wear is this:

PKG00000150_634681094382797631.jpg

I actually get quite a lot of compliments from it and questions of what old sci-fi film it is. People are generally surprised when I say that it's a prog-rock album though.
Maybe everyone secretly loves Rutger Hauer

Nice. Discovered that album a few weeks ago.

My problem with gaming clothing is that they are generally either too subtle to the point you may as well be wearing a non-gaming t-shirt, or they are terribly punny to the point of being cringeworthy.

Peterthumpa

These are the only ones from this thread that I would ever consider wearing. They aren't garish or tacky and look like normal clothing but only other gamers would recognize them.

Yup, that was my idea. Obviously some clothes are hideous, but these are absolutely fine.

Ominym

Banned
People keep posting pictures of shirts they believe are passable in this thread with the blatant mentality of, "Uh, obviously you're wrong. This shirt is awesome."

And again and again, I cannot help but disagree.

MiKeD

Banned
The best gaming T-shirts, I think, are the ones where only people who actually played the game know what the T-shirt is about while the whole design is subtle and doesn't jump out. Preferably older games which cause people to go on a nostalgia trip.

Pau

Honestly, the few times I wear my "Evolutions of Eevee Prism" shirt are the main times when people actually come up to me to tell me that they like my shirt. Even people who don't get the references at all have commented in it. They come in 3 main camps: the Pink Floyd fans, the Pokemon fans, (the intersection between those two), and those who just think it's "cute".

It's a plain black t-shirt with the following print.

I had two instances today where that happened, a day I boldly chose to wear it once more. I overheard two guys in the bathroom going, "Whoa, did you see that guy's shirt? It's like...Pink Floyd, but with Eeve from Pokemon!" while I was in a stall. Pretty awkward.

On one occasion while waiting for a bus, I had one girl come up to me, wanting to take a picture of it, followed by a guy right in front of me as I was boarding the bus--smiling and turning around to tell me I had a cool shirt--and then yet another guy, already seated, yelling out "Nice shirt, dude!" as I walked by. At that point, I wonder if I sounded a bit short-tempered as I muttered a thank you in a sort of "Ok, I get it already" way. It honestly seemed like a joke at that point.

But anyway, whoever says graphic tees are unpopular are dead wrong. There is honestly something mystical about this shirt.
Where did you get it? It is cute. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom