• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming setup thread 9/15/2004

funcojoe

hdtv2.jpg

hdtv4.jpg

hdtv5.jpg

hdtv6.jpg

halo.jpg

zelda.jpg

zelda2.jpg

shelf.jpg

shelf2.jpg

ffx.jpg

neon.jpg

roomnew.jpg

n64neon.jpg

xboxneon.jpg

shpankey

not an idiot
homeSetup.jpg

My entertainment setup. That's a Sony 36HS510 HDTV, Yamaha receiver, Eosone speakers, JBL 600 watt powered sub woofer, Xbox, etc (GameCube in the bedroom, getting ready to buy the new small PS2)

compSetup.jpg

My computer. I soon hope to get a new beautiful giant $1,600 wood desk (next week) and one of those cool little green desk lamps to make it all rock.

funcojoe

I have an unopened FF11 standee, very very nice looking, an unopened FFCCrhonicles standee, and a very cool Link marketing sign, if anyone is interested let me know.

kiryogi

Banned
funcojoe said:
I have an unopened FF11 standee, very very nice looking, an unopened FFCCrhonicles standee, and a very cool Link marketing sign, if anyone is interested let me know.

What's this FF:CC standee look like? :D

NeoEdo

You guys have some nice setups. Not too big a fan of the few with gaming items ALL over the place (thats too stressful for me, haha), but item wise, I'm jealous...and wishing I hadn't traded in soooo many good games/consoles back in the days. I have only ONE wall with my figures to keep it "under control". All my systems are Japanese PS2, GC, DC (actually bought my Dreamcast while I was IN Japan). The Xbox is the only US system and with the exception of having added a territory switch inside my JP Gamecube (most nerve wrecking solder I have ever done, heh). So all my game, are mostly JP, with a few US for both Xbox and Gamecube.

Here are my pics. Yes I'm a neat freak, so if it wasnt for the shelfs with games, you'd think I didn't play anything, heh. And yes my camera AND camera taking skills sucks.....Thats why I have a degree in Graphic Design, not Photography :).

1276087image0.JPG

1276089image3.JPG
1276090image4.JPG
1276091image5.JPG
1276092image6.JPG
1276093image7.JPG
1276094image9.JPG
1276095image10.JPG
1276097image12.JPG

Ja ne

Hournda

Wow, most people here apparently have never heard the saying "less is more" but i say that because i'm jealous of the massive collections you guys have.

xexex

Banned
I just moved. still working on my setup, which is pretty 'meh' at the moment.

most important system, most important game
dd7w6

dd83q

5 Dreamcast's combining their processing power ^ through distributed computing. Total power is greater than that of the Gamecube on the left :D :lol

dd88w

dd84m

dd7rr

dd7no

from left to right:
old 1990 '27 Sony Trinitron XBR - '17 CRT for PC (PC not in shot) - '20 Panasonic

ddw6q

playing 3 versions of Ghouls N Ghosts:
Saturn (left) MAME/Arcade (center) Genesis (right)

ddx79

playing 3 versions of Altered Beast
Genesis, MAME/Arcade, Master System

Bebpo

Banned
I wonder how long until we have another Chinese forum talking about how our collections are all photoshop pictures and Americans are demons

Dead

well not really...yet
Quadrophenic said:
gamesetup.jpg

I dont have a digital camera anymore, so I can't take a picture of my games...nothing really impressive though. That pic is from two months ago, when I moved in to this apartment, but the only thing that has really changed is the dvds on top of the television have been replaced with other dvds/games.
:lol you already posted the same pic on the first page

xexex

Banned
a few more

one of my Dreamcast's using Cable broadband, viewing GAF via Dream Passport Premier

ddt6o

^ pic shows DC viewing this thread with DPP. and see those smiley and phone icons at the bottem? that shows off my Ch@b account active & online. its used for voice over ip, instant messenging, recorded messages, etc. those accounts are difficult to get nowadays :)

Dreamcast on the internet, viewing webpage/image of what SHOULD have been released for PS2!
dd7o7

living room that I have not done much of anything with so far. Sony '32 WEGA HDTV with a Gamecube.
de2gz

aoi tsuki

xexex said:
a few more

Dreamcast using Cable broadband viewing GAF
i don't know what's more ironic, that you didn't show a pic of this thread on your Dreamcast (won't load, will it?) or that you hosted pics with tinypic.com.

Please, please, PLEASE... resize your pics to something like 800x600. They'll look better at that res anyways, considering the blurriness at full size.

xexex

Banned
ok how do i resize images? also what is a better hosting site than tinypic.com?

I can get a pic of this thread on my Dreamcast no prob.

Aoi, please forgive me :D

aoi tsuki

Tinypic.com is fine. But if there's some sort of bandwidth restriction on it, you'll reach it much faster with pics at that size. Use the software that came with your digital camera to resize, otherwise download freeware like Irfanview (google it).

xexex

Banned
gamesetup.jpg

can ryu assend peacefully powerfully yet?

img_0169.jpg

sit tight your light enlightens!

915_shot1_800.JPG

next in calling era beggers ask swiftly enhancing merit end near tower dashing under door ends!

xexex

Banned
man, I love this thread

this time, Altered Beast 1st boss. Genesis on the right played on my '20 Panasonic, the MAME/Arcade on the left.

also I have the PCB in the middle, obviously not being used atm.

dfdoh

plus another possibility for my set up

dffi1

dffj7

SaitoH

livingroomnight.jpg

PS2 on the right side of the TV with keyboard propped up against corner of cabinet (from playing Monster Hunter). Xbox below center channel and GC below amp on the left. I kinda like my systems hidden away.

PCdesk.jpg

My PC.

=P

PS. I wanna see DCharlie's setup!

SaitoH

Thought I should add some actual games to my post, so here is my massive collection that puts Marty Chinn's to shame!

Ok, maybe not.

>_>

Oh, and my Vectrex:

vectrex1.jpg

\^w^/

Truelize said:
I would like an explanation of how Marty Chin has THUG2 aleady as well as a beta xbox.

Who do you work for Marty?

That's not a beta xbox. it's a debug kit. Worth a 1000$

But to me it's worth crap.

xexex

Banned
dgvn8

updated my setup slightly. less clutter. still kinda 'meh' right now. I don't have even close to the best setup, I rank mine near the bottem, but at least I have enough screens to run everything I have. there's a JVC switcher at the bottem of that shelf with 2 DCs on top of it. that switcher, which is critical for my setup, lets me run any console on both TVs at the same time, including the PC if i want.

I will probably go back to this setup next week though

dffj7

Crazymoogle said:
What's the gadget in the bottom corner with the blue screen (?)

That's my old Kenwood microsystem (VH-600):
kenwood600.jpg

From the pic, you can also stand it up like a PS2 (and the display screen will rotate accordingly)...

It only has 20 watts per channel, but the sound is very clean and clear (especially after upgrading the speaker wires to Monster cables)...I hook it up to a powered subwoofer, and it's more than enough power for my apartment living room.

Gattsu25

Banned
Console Station #1:

Downstairs Living Room
PS2
XBox
31" Sony Triniton TV
3-in-1 S-Video Connector (GC, XB, PS)
Games stored in Milk Crate (21 PS2, 8 PSX, 5 XB)

Console Station #2:

Upstairs Bedroom
PS2
GC
N64
31" Aiwa TV
3-in-1 S-Video Connector (GC (N64 works using this), XB, PS)
Games stored inside a 'open' nightstand (15 PS2, 2 GC, 19 N64)
2 DVD Racks holding over 60 DVDs along with 2 banana boxes (chiquita) with more DVDs

PC station #1:

Downstairs Living Room
~2.6Ghz
768MB RAM
80GB HDD
19" Samsung Monitor

Downstairs Living Room
~1.7Ghz
256MB RAM
100GB HDD (2 HDDs)
19" Gateway Monitor :)b)

over 50 games w/out cases
~10 with cases

oh yeah :D You guys suck compared to me :b

edit:
TV speakers for both TVs
Boston Aucustics(sp?) 2.1 Speakers (PC#1)
Altec Lansing 2.1 Speakers (PC#2)

My disorganized Fire Hazard of an entertainment center. Everything is crammed in one corner. PS2 is actually on the lower level of my desk. I refused to remove my Dreamcast from its spot.

tv9.jpg

And my computer desk, which is a bit more organized.

computer1.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I have the exact same Creative speakers hooked up to my PC MAF, and also that little grey switchbox under your TV, I used to use the same one for many years(think it is a Sony?) Oh and we both have an Xbox! Amazing...

The moment I get access to a digital camera I am finally gonna post some pics of my home theater.

speakers have been good, just the 2.1 inspires. The switchbox is actually radioshack, s-video, got it for 20 bux.

Xbox is hooked up component, everything else is s-video. Tried ps2 through composite and OMG gag.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yea I got the 5.1 inspires which are only a few bucks more. Spent a lot of time trying to find decent places for the rears since my PC is in the bedroom but it wasn't working out. In the end I just unplugged em and went 3.1. I'm pretty surprised by their sound particular for the budget spent on em, good stuff.

Still into Slayers are you? I have been very close to buying the OVA's and movies I had missed over the years, did you ever see Slayers Great? The movie where Naga and Lina fight in giant mech versions of themselves. Hilarious stuff.

Top Bottom