• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming setup thread 9/15/2004

Yeah, I liked Great. Im more a TV series guy and less an OVA guy, but the OVAs are still a lot of fun to watch. Didnt get 5.1 cause I hate trying to figure out where to put the other speakers.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yea, I'm the opposite, always had trouble watching the TV series through, but I get a kick out of the OVA's/movies. I never did see Try however.

I dont have money to blow on stuff right now, but s-video was a NEED when I saw dark cloud 2 in composite. I dont feel PS2's use of colors in most of its game warrants component tho, xbox gets that.

AfroLuffy

Finally, I traded in the ol' xbox and GC, so just my tv, surround, new ps2, gba sp, dc, genesis, and some dvds and books(i really need a dvd rack) on display here. Also, can't forget to notice my prize collections: handmade papercraft ussop and sanji on the center surround ^^

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

crap, i forgot to sneak my recently acquired Terry Bogard hat in there. ;p

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^^

At least we know what you did w/ the rent money you saved while there... :lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
In the midst of trying to tidy everything up and sort stuff out... anyways, just 2 of the rooms this time :

Living room arcade corner :
setup1.jpg

Living room badly organised games systems
setup8.jpg

Living room projector in daytime
setup2.jpg

GAF'ing room PC and consoles
setup3.jpg

GAF'ing room junk piles that need sorted part 1
setup4.jpg

GAF'ing room - well, at least some of it is sorted out...
setup5.jpg

GAF'ing room - mildly sorted out stuff i guess
setup6.jpg

GAF'ing room - the GAF'ing throne + some of the games actually sorted out - wooo
setup7.jpg

Jonnyram

DCharlie said:
In the midst of trying to tidy everything up and sort stuff out... anyways, just 2 of the rooms this time...
Oh, so that's why you're not at work today :p

And someone asked what TV I have... it's nothing fancy. Just a 21" Sony multi-system TV, though I have never played anything PAL on it, so it was a waste of money, really. I used to be able to tune into cable channels without a receiver, but they started scrambling them all recently.

Stryder

DCharlie said:
i'm seriously considering getting rid of the vast majority of it to be honest.
Why? (if you don't mind me asking..)

I guess this means we might see another huge ebay auction soon :lol

DCharlie

"Oh, so that's why you're not at work today :p"

hey ! look at picture 6!

i'm logged onto work and coding... erm... the saturn being on was just so i could listen to music...

I've got the lurgie pretty bad - so i'm having sugared hot whiskey to help numb myself ;)

Selling : taking up too much space, most of the games i'll probably not play again, could use the cash to give to my parents, etc etc...

xexex

Banned
DCharlie has the best setup overall. not the most stylish but the best. the projector screen with Ace Combat 5 rocks.

Jonnyram

I am also gonna be getting rid of a lot of my stuff I think.
Collecting games in Japan is a major hassle because of space limitations. I've already thrown away the boxes for my current gen consoles - something I never thought I'd do :(
Currently preparing myself to sell off my old console games soon.

DCharlie

"Collecting games in Japan is a major hassle because of space limitations. I've already thrown away the boxes for my current gen consoles - something I never thought I'd do :(
Currently preparing myself to sell off my old console games soon.'"

cool - might go and scout out what i could get in aki at the weekend.

I want to get rid of most the arcade boards - only the really special ones, i'll keep.

With the emu box built for one of the cabs, there really is no point in keeping hold of them.

DCharlie

"DCharlie has the best setup overall. not the most stylish but the best. "

i vote Chittachong as most stylish... mine is a fecking DUMP!

DCharlie or Marty, where'd you guys find those Sega arcade cabinets? I'm planning on buying a US arcade machine very soon and would want to transfer the game (SF2) to one of those Japanese style cabinets someday...

Also, would it be hard to do such a transfer? I'm a complete arcade newbie =P Then again, if it's too expensive (due to shipping), then nevermind =P

Mine is actually Capcom, not Sega =) At any rate, I got mine at a place in LA called Arcade Infinity for about $400. Worth every penny =)

Marty Chinn said:
Mine is actually Capcom, not Sega =) At any rate, I got mine at a place in LA called Arcade Infinity for about $400. Worth every penny =)

Thanks for the info Marty, that place is local to me...I'll look into it when the time is right =)

Chittagong

Gold Member
chittagong_cube_01.jpg

Updated picture with Cube in my living room for the first time in the new flat, and slim PS2. PSP and DS can be spotted, too.

Chittagong

Gold Member
BuddyChrist83 said:
Out of sheer curiosity, why are you using the headphone out of the iPod instead of the dock's line out?

:lol

I could say that I prefer to adjust the iPod sound level at the same time as selecting the tunes, but I won't do that - I admit getting owned,it should be in the line out indeed, looks better that way too...

BuddyC

Chittagong said:
I could say that I prefer to adjust the iPod sound level at the same time as selecting the tunes, but I won't do that
My friend, that is why your receiver has a remote control ;)

Very slick setup, by the way. Dig the message on the laptop.

Dilbert

Chittagong said:
Updated picture with Cube in my living room for the first time in the new flat, and slim PS2. PSP and DS can be spotted, too.
Your living room is stylish as hell. VERY nice!

Dead

well not really...yet
MrAngryFace said:
deadstar: where did you get your tv stand? I need one, that one looks perfect.
I think I got it at Ikea, though im not 100% sure about it. Bought it like 6 years ago....

And yes im responding to a 3 month old question, sorry about the delay ;p

suikodan

Since this thread is back in the first page, time for an update:

colla1.jpg

This is my PC and old system rack. A lot of PC Games got sold to buy other games (WoW, just to name one).

colla2.jpg

My main game TV, along with the GameCube, first Xbox and DC that I revived to show this pîc of DOA2 ;)

colla3.jpg

PC desk with LCD screen and second Xbox that I hooked up to a VGA Box.

Yeah, it's dusty. Blame it on the new house and cement dust in the basement. I'm gonna fix that soon.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I just use a 21 inch Flat screen TV; I am a student so I have to go cheap!

S-Video – Xbox
Component – DVD Player
Side Composite – NES/Gamecube

The only way to get a Component cable for the cube is off Nintendo of Australia I might pick one up.

DaCocoBrova

@ work...
img13989vy.jpg

New mini-setup off to the side of my HT/living room
img13995du.jpg

img14044td.jpg

Over the bed LCD. Comes in handy!
img14055ya.jpg

Ol' faithful...
img14073ti.jpg

fausty

DCharlie said:
In the midst of trying to tidy everything up and sort stuff out... anyways, just 2 of the rooms this time :

Living room arcade corner :
setup1.jpg
OMG! The Outfoxies! Freaking rad arcade game, one of my youthly faves... Surprised it was never ported to the PS or Saturn or GBA or anything. Er, or was it?

DaCocoBrova

:lol I had no idea this was an old thread even tho there's a date on it.

COCKLES

being watched
Cheapest shitty TV I could find to tide me over till Plasma / LCD screens drop to a bearable price. And funny enough it supports NTSC / RGB. :lol God bless Asda!

kit.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm taking some pics of my own crappy set-up as soon as I get my gaming room looking a bit more organized. Now that I have a good digtal camera and more importantly, because of Imageshack for pic hosting, there's no more excuse!

dvdtower.jpg

This is from one of the older posts, but does anyone know where I can buy that DVD rack? I could really use something like that right now. :)

EDIT: Holy shit, it's from the Sharper Image and goes for $150! WAY too much.

CaptainABAB

Any idea where Marty Chin got those shelves (see page 1)

I need something that is customizable like that, optimal for any generation of games (from genny to saturn to modern consoles) and that goes as high to the ceiling as it can.

Forsete

Gold Member
TV1.jpg

My 21" TV with two PS2s (I would rather just have the slim PS2 beside the TV, but the fat one contains HDAdvance so it has to stay I guess.)

I also have a GameCube.. where is the GameCube?
TV3.jpg

Ah right, he's sleeping on the shelf.. Shhh, he's been there for a while, though I might take him down sometime soon. MP2 looks pretty damn good.

TV2.jpg

The computer with what is an attempt at a christmas decoration.

hobart

I love this thread.

Looking at setups like these makes me weep that I actually sold a lot of my games this summer. Needed the money in order to live abroad... ah well.

Chitt: Didn't you move that GC in the living room... like... 3 months ago?! lol

I think I've seen DCharlie's setup on like 3 different GAF forums in like... 3 different ways... and I can ALWAYS tell when it's his. Always a pleasure to look at.

When I move back to the states... I may... FINALLY... put my shit together so that others (and, fuck, myself) can be proud to look at it.

But because I need to show SOMETHING... here is the first setup I made with my Apple Powerbook... last year. I have a new mouse pad, a new iPod and a few other toys that have been added... but you can get the idea.
upload_70865.JPG

Top Bottom