• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're certain how...?

I'm certain because I know him. Yes, that's not 100%. I realize. I do not need lecture.

this is so fucking dumb.

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ashamed is a too much, don't you think? I mean really I should feel bad, as if done something morally wrong?

This.

The fuck, did you really fall for the "Oh, I'm a virgin too, don't worry" line?

Are you picturing me as teenage girl? I know his history. I know he's not a virgin.

sphinx

the piano man
And you're certain how...?

this...

.... :( ...

bad move man..

anyone in your place would now have the moral obligation to get tested for several STDs specially HIV after 12 weeks.

please don't that again and take of yourself, it isn't worth it for one sex session.

this...

bad move man..

anyone in your place would now have the moral obligation to get tested for several STDs specially HIV after 12 weeks.

please don't that again and take of yourself, it isn't worth it for one sex session.

Yes, obviously now I'm sexually active I'll have to start going in for regular testing sessions.

sphinx

the piano man
Yes, obviously now I'm sexually active I'll have to start going in for regular testing sessions.

you don't want a positive result from any of that... protect yourself, why risk it?

and don't mind other people telling you you should feel bad. It IS a TERRIBLE move you did, but it's up to you at the end.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
no, fuck that. you should feel bad. it's your responsibility as a human being to prevent the potential spread of this sort of thing.

no, fuck that. you should feel bad. it's your responsibility as a human being to prevent the potential spread of this sort of thing.

I should feel bad for something I haven't done? Is this Minority Report?

You're normally the rational one. Reread what your posting.

royalan

I should feel bad for something I haven't done? Is this Minority Report?

You're normally the rational one. Reread what your posting.

Did or did you not have unprotected sex?

Yeah, Rez is being extremely blunt, but he has a point. In this day and age it's not "cute" to be so flippant about taking responsibility for one's sexual health. It just isn't.

Did or did you not have unprotected sex?

Yeah, Rez is being extremely blunt, but he has a point. In this day and age it's not "cute" to be so flippant about taking responsibility for one's sexual health. It just isn't.

Rez's posts are extremely moronic.

Who am I potentially spreading something to? Other people? No. So why should I feel, ashamed as if I stolen something or hurt someone?

Not screaming like my head's been cut off doesn't equal flippant, royalan. I understand completely what I've done.

Bailey 87

He should feel bad for having unprotected sex with someone he knows for a 99% fact that he is clean.

Yeah cupric you should of wore a condom but the amount of jump to conclusion posts are a bit much

this...

bad move man..

Oh wow. GayGAF is awesome.. I've always felt this way but most people I've known IRL have been so... casual about this whole thing. Unfortunately, it takes about 6 months after a possible infection for HIV to be detectable.

Mystic:

Please don't do this again. HIV is not as deadly as it was before but it can still kill you if you don't know your status.. plus you could be giving it to others. You haven't done anything morally wrong yet.. but if you're having unprotected sex with others after this, then you definitely are.

sphinx

the piano man
Oh wow. GayGAF is awesome.. I've always felt this way but most people I've known IRL have been so... casual about this whole thing. Unfortunately, it takes about 6 months after a possible infection for HIV to be detectable.

Mystic:

Please don't do this again. HIV is not as deadly as it was before but it can still kill you if you don't know your status.. plus you could be giving it to others. You haven't done anything morally wrong yet.. but if you're having unprotected sex with others after this, then you definitely are.

not in 2012. newer test may effectively detect HIV antibodies as early as the fourth week post exposure. At 6 weeks the overwehlming majority of the infected people will show positive results in their tests. At the 12 week a negative result is considered conclusive.

Further testing with no exposures leads to paranoia and anxiety and is not needed because as stated, test are reliable enough that a false negative would be as likely as being struck by thunder in a bright day.

royalan

Not screaming like my head's been cut off doesn't equal flippant, royalan. I understand completely what I've done.

That may be true, but I'd consider a response of "yeah we did bareback but it's ok I know him" to be a pretty flippant attitude.
Especially since I can't shake the feeling that your "but I know him!" defense is largely reactionary...

Look, I'm not trying to lecture you, or pick on you, or have you feel like you can't share with GAF. But in this day of once-again rising STI infection rates because people are just getting too-damned comfortable, it would be wrong of me to not communicate to you that having unprotected sex in the way that you did was plain stupid, and just respond with "*fap fap fap* such a hot story! *fap fap fap*".

I don't know you, and this is just a message board, but this comes from a genuine place of concern. I've worked in AIDS/STI prevention, and I've met plenty of people infected with STIs who were a lot more careful than you. Please always prioritize your sexual health. Keep that in mind.

sphinx

the piano man
That may be true, but I'd consider a response of "yeah we did bareback but it's ok I know him" to be a pretty flippant attitude.
Especially since I can't shake the feeling that your "but I know him!" defense is largely reactionary...

Look, I'm not trying to lecture you, or pick on you, or have you feel like you can't share with GAF. But in this day of once-again rising STI infection rates because people are just getting too-damned comfortable, it would be wrong of me to not communicate to you that having unprotected sex in the way that you did was plain stupid, and just respond with "*fap fap fap* such a hot story! *fap fap fap*".

I don't know you, and this is just a message board, but this comes from a genuine place of concern. I've worked in AIDS/STI prevention, and I've met plenty of people infected will STIs who were a lot more careful than you. Please always prioritize your sexual health. Keep that in mind.

me too. It's like they had the worst luck ever but truth is, it's right out there and being reckless just brings you a step nearer.

and agree on everything here.

It is way to late to be responding to this, but I'll probably forget to later.

I find that Buddhist philosophy has some rather interesting perspectives. I'm gathering the materialist approach that you mention is akin to the scientific method - that of observation and experimentation. I don't think you have to necessarily prescribe to one field or the other, especially since the "materialist" approach is pretty upfront with its own inherent weaknesses and ability to prescribe any sort of claim to knowledge.

I agree. I think I'm responding more to a perceived argument than an actual one. I'm not particularly willing to examine the underlying conditions surrounding it but a lot of people seem squeamish about anything remotely 'mystical', and while I can understand why that might be sometimes it seems to border on scientism. I can understand that people see 'mysticism' as a waste of time, but in terms of popular discourse it's a pretty marginal subject once one addresses the issue of delusion or 'magical thinking', and that's often how the entire subject is dismissed... though really this is just griping and so pretty undignified. I appreciate your input, and not just because it supports my own perspective, but because I found it to be thoughtful :p

I'll be honest, I haven't really yet found an aspect of Buddhism (Theravada, mostly) that I disagree with. Some of that is maybe gullibility or zeal on my part, but even taking that into account I've never so completely taken to a philosophy before. Just something simple like the Four Noble Truths or the Three Marks of Existence has changed my perspective more than I thought was possible for discourse, and as it is I'm just something of a dilettante.

BeesEight

I agree. I think I'm responding more to a perceived argument than an actual one. I'm not particularly willing to examine the underlying conditions surrounding it but a lot of people seem squeamish about anything remotely 'mystical', and while I can understand why that might be sometimes it seems to border on scientism. I can understand that people see 'mysticism' as a waste of time, but in terms of popular discourse it's a pretty marginal subject once one addresses the issue of delusion or 'magical thinking', and that's often how the entire subject is dismissed... though really this is just griping and so pretty undignified. I appreciate your input, and not just because it supports my own perspective, but because I found it to be thoughtful :p

I'll be honest, I haven't really yet found an aspect of Buddhism (Theravada, mostly) that I disagree with. Some of that is maybe gullibility or zeal on my part, but even taking that into account I've never so completely taken to a philosophy before. Just something simple like the Four Noble Truths or the Three Marks of Existence has changed my perspective more than I thought was possible for discourse, and as it is I'm just something of a dilettante.

Yeah, there's a lot I find fascinating about Buddhism. Though, I am hesitant to expand that acceptance towards other mystical studies. I do think there is a limit to healthy skepticism to where you can flat out determine some things just aren't realistic at all. The whole demonology popular in medieval times seems pretty fabricated that no discourse over its possible non-scientific meanings is really necessary.

And I'm a big fan of the middle road philosophy in Buddhism and a lot of Eastern philosophy. It's a pity those theories couldn't get a greater foothold in Western belief.

THis whole STD talk is scaring me D:

No kidding. TRUST NO ONE!

mantidor

Who here has become sexually active and NOT barebacked? It seems like a lot of people have.

Barebacking is just wrong, even discarding STDs, theres bacteria in the anus that can cause nasty infections...
however I've had unprotected oral sex....

DR2K

Banned
I guess if you hit it at the wrong angle or something you can injure yourself. Not sure what this has to do with STDs. And if you meant STDs would be akin to injuries, its a bad analogy.

The risk of specific types of STDS may differ with position, but the risks are still there. It's a pretty fitting analogy.

GothPunk

Who here has become sexually active and NOT barebacked? It seems like a lot of people have.
Well my first time with a guy we didn't use condoms, and my ex fiance and I never once used condoms in our 9 years together (she didn't like them). I've never used a condom when giving/recieving head either. I got myself tested soon after my first guy and after every new guy, as even if we used protection when having sex I still left myself exposed via oral. Sometimes you can trust a guy but most of the time you can't I guess and that's how STIs spread.

Barebacking is one of the many benefits of a LTR it has to be said. :f

sphinx

the piano man

I sure have and it's like the biggest pleasure but I did that only in commited relationships after months of using condom and building up trust and confidence. After that, you can either trust the guy's behaviour and/or his background (at your risk) and leave the condoms or go and have both tests for STD, which is the only right thing to do, if you ask me.

if we all people would only bareback in commited, serious, long relatipnships and used condoms for everything else, we would live in a healthier place...

Sofo

I sure have and it's like the biggest pleasure but I did that only in commited relationships after months of using condom and building up trust and confidence. After that, you can either trust the guy's behaviour and/or his background (at your risk) and leave the condoms or go and have both tests for STD, which is the only right thing to do, if you ask me.

if we all people would only bareback in commited, serious, long relatipnships and used condoms for everything else, we would live in a healthier place...
Same deal for me. Condoms for anal unless you're in a long-term relationship and know him well, there's trust, etc. It's just common sense, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom