• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gayest Street Fight You'll Ever See

Status
Not open for further replies.
3kuSaS said:
They are gay, and the fight is gay even if they dont screw other men...which they do. If i saw straight people fighting the same way, i'd call it gay too.

Its funny gay people get all butthurt (wokka wokka) about misuse of the word gay, when they themselves are misusing it. The word does mean happy ya know. So if you can hijack that word and give it your own definition, then shouldnt others be able to take any word they want, such as faggot, and apply it to you? It all means the same thing in the end.
You're pathetic.

SmokyDave

joshcryer said:
This thread is all over the place, but that bouncer really deserves appreciation. I love how all those guys STFU when a guy twice their size walks up and says to go home. It's just. Wow. So awesome. :D
Fixed for a different emphasis.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
Gaborn said:
I rest my case.

You're the reason I'm glad moderation is so strict about some things.

Hey I don't go around disrespecting gay people at all. My point is that the word gay is not even used properly by the people who represent it, so why should you all be able to tell us when & how to use the word. I call the fight gay because the word has a third definition besides happy & homosexual - plenty of people say use the word gay to define things that suck, and im sure most of us have nothing against gay people.

Salacious Crumb

3kuSaS said:
Hey I don't go around disrespecting gay people at all. My point is that the word gay is not even used properly by the people who represent it, so why should you all be able to tell us when & how to use the word. I call the fight gay because the word has a third definition besides happy & homosexual - plenty of people say use the word gay to define things that suck, and im sure most of us have nothing against gay people.

Oh dear....

Gaborn said:
You'd think a member that's been around since '04 would know better.
I'm amazed at how often people surprise me.

3kuSaS said:
Goodbye and good riddance.

3kuSaS said:
even so, they're not really having it here.

Gaborn

3kuSaS said:

Yeah, implying that we're "Faggots" isn't disrespectful at ALL.

Szu

3kuSaS said:
They are gay, and the fight is gay even if they dont screw other men...which they do. If i saw straight people fighting the same way, i'd call it gay too.

Its funny gay people get all butthurt (wokka wokka) about misuse of the word gay, when they themselves are misusing it. The word does mean happy ya know. So if you can hijack that word and give it your own definition, then shouldnt others be able to take any word they want, such as faggot, and apply it to you? It all means the same thing in the end.

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg

3kuSaS said:
John: Homer, what have you got against gays?

Homer: You know! It's not... usual. If there was a law, it'd be against it!

Marge: Oh Homer, please! You're embarrassing yourself.

Homer: No I'm not, Marge! They're embarrasing me. They're embarrassing America. They turned the Navy into a floating joke. They ruined all our best names like Bruce, and Lance, and Julian. Those were the toughest names we had! Now they're just, uh...

John: Queer?

Homer: Yeah, and that's another thing! I resent you people using that word. That's our word for making fun of you! We need it!! Well I'm taking back our word, and I'm taking back my son!

Mumei

3kuSaS said:

It's pretty simple.

Step 1: Gay means "having having or showing a merry, lively mood"
Step 2: Homosexuals, particularly men, begin adopting the term as a way to communicate with one another while hiding from everyone else as a form of coded language
Step 3: Straight people become aware that a person who calls himself gay is a homosexual.
Step 4: A secondary definition for the word 'gay' is added
Step 5: The immature start to use the word "gay" as an insult precisely because of the association with homosexuals. The practice becomes so ubiquitous that some people even try to convince gay people that there's really no connection between the two.

In one instance, people are appropriating a word to use it to communicate in a society where open communication is unsafe, and the word has over the series of many decades become the default term. In the other instance, the term is being used as an insult because of its association with a despised group. The two aren't comparable.

... Unfortunately, I doubt you'll be reading this.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
3kuSaS said:

You are a tool...

Guys, it's okay if I bring back and use "porch monkey," right? I mean, I have a new definition for it, so it's not hurtful or disrespectful at all to say it.

Get it yet, 3kuSaS?

Really, just pick a different word. All the justifications and talk about redefining of words doesn't change that you can just pick a different fucking word to use as a pejorative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom