• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GBmicro] Famicom Edition Faceplate

I've bought GBmicro Famicom Edition, and I'd like to know if (a day I will need to "replace" Famicom Faceplate - 'cause scratches or cracks) this will be (or is) available to buy.
Anyone who live in Japan can tell me if there's a chance to buy a "replacement" Famicom faceplate?

I've seen Hori JAPAN make this face protector:

PA.45062.001.jpg

but it would be unuseful if I have the option to buy a new faceplate.

Thank you! :)

:lol

rareside

Good question. If you're a Club Nintendo member, you could always order the Famicon Cotroller II Faceplate, then you'd have 2 faceplates for your GBMicro.

Other than that, I wouldn't have the first clue where to get a faceplate that would match the retro Famicon look of the rest of the unit.

I knew about Nintendo Club Famicom II faceplate. But I'd like to know if I can buy a replace for "standard faceplate" :D

Did you see this page?
Mario 20th Anniversary

If you click on the first banner (Vol.3) there are a lot of faceplates!
I don't know if Nintendo sell (or want to sell) all these shells!??! :lol

iifu

Neo Member
bastard666 said:
If you click on the first banner (Vol.3) there are a lot of faceplates!
I don't know if Nintendo sell (or want to sell) all these shells!??! :lol
There are some pretty awesome faceplates there though (GAME&WATCH, MarioMario, Famicom Cassette, ...)

Yes sure awesome selection! :lol
I think these covers are available in Japan.....

Check this ~ Tower Records:

Nintendo-Inside has some pics of an Akihabara Center where you can try this version:
050919279_3.jpg

Full article here: http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/170/17062.html

English~Web Translation:
Present campaign execution of specially-made micro in Tower Records Akihabara and Shibuya
2:59 Monday, September 19, 2005

The campaign that the Game Boy micro of making specially is presented is executing it in Tower Records that exists on the seventh floor of Yodobashi Camera multimedia Akihabara of just the opening the other day. When the receipt bought for the period of September 16th - September 25th for 5000 yen or more is affixed and the application form is sent, it is presented by lot by ten people.

"Game Boy micro Tower Records original model" is the one that the logo of Tower Records entered a yellow face plate in a red body. The thing was put in the Akihabara branch beside the cash register.

This campaign is the one done in commemoration of the opening of the Tower Records Akihabara branch in Yodobashi Camera and the tenth anniversary of the Shibuya branch, and each of five winners goes out of both stores. The thing applying even if the commodity is bought in the store in Tower Records excluding this cannot be done. However, it is also possible that two or more addition is possible, and applies alone even by how many.

I hear that the application deadlines are 30 days September, and sending out the winning goods scheduled the end of October. It seems to become an item that the period is little the number, and is short, and valuable.
I'd like to have some more clues..... :)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
no country is selling faceplates separately yet. But I'm GUESSING that in the US they COULD be in packs of 3 for $9.99.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
They are selling them here in Australia in a Three pack for $19.95AUD I beleive or It could be a bit cheaper...

EDIT: Now I remember seeing $14.95 but you get 2 Face Plates plus the Plain Colour one with it.

Top Bottom