• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Leipzig - Thread for Cheapskates, Loot Hunter and News Tidbits

deepbrown

Blimblim said:
Ever been to a game show? Unless you are in a closed room all the sound you are going to get is the music blasting out of the booth and the crowd.
I always used to plug the reciever into the TV to get the sound...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
deepbrown said:
I always used to plug the reciever into the TV to get the sound...
Headphone output and mic in levels are widely different, you can't do that without some conversion hardware.

thuway

Seiken said:
Now that was awesome. The quality wasn't that bad, in fact it made it look better :lol

I love how there are showers every now and then that cools down your engine. And god damn, the game is FAST compared to MS.

Oh and what's up with the opponents? He was driving almost flawlessly, yet he was always last place? They REALLY need to tone down the difficulty level, I don't want to break another controller to get gold in every race like in the original :/
I'll echo this sentiment. Motorstorm put both my brother and his best friend off (as well as me) because of its punishing difficulty. I really wish the vehichles were more durable. If I could get 25-50% more durability, with a less frustrating AI, I might reconsider buying the second one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
thuway said:
I'll echo this sentiment. Motorstorm put both my brother and his best friend off (as well as me) because of its punishing difficulty.
Exactly, and now that there are trophies for it, I'm pretty much screwed. I bet Evolution are reading this right now, while smiling and adding the trophy "Beat all the stages with a gold medal".

luffeN

sorry guys! i was there after the sony PK. in fact, I even was there befoe the end where they showed little big planet. was walking around but couldn't find anyone :D

did some of you meet?

oh, and blimblim, are you somewhere in the Working Rooms M1 and M2 for Journalists?

presentations were great so far, the mirrors edge one was a little bit funny. the demo guy was in the start menu befor the presentation began. I saw a new mode there on the screen and asked him afterwards what it is.. he was pretty shocked that I spoke of this and quickly said "we havent talked about it" after the presentation he came after me and asked me not to say anything about it :D his face was like: if this news gets out, my life will be over :)

luffeN

Zep said:

i wish i could give you an answer right now, but im not sure. may try to go there today/tomorrow to check. maybe you know about it before that.

there is at least a boxing ring on the show floor where they give goodies away and show trailers of the sports games, so there may be a good chance.

did anyone test the new 360 controller? its supposedly at the konami booth for PES 2009

Tf53

I tried to look for people, but didn't see anyone. :(

I'm fully booked for the rest of today, so no meet-n-greet today either. Today's been way more productive than yesterday. Heavy Rain, Infamous, Rock Band 2, Shattered Horizon, Bayonetta, Mad World, Sonic Unleashed, Alpha Protocol and the Midway games. Hectic, though.

taku

banKai said:
presentations were great so far, the mirrors edge one was a little bit funny. the demo guy was in the start menu befor the presentation began. I saw a new mode there on the screen and asked him afterwards what it is.. he was pretty shocked that I spoke of this and quickly said "we havent talked about it" after the presentation he came after me and asked me not to say anything about it :D his face was like: if this news gets out, my life will be over :)
:'O

banKai said:

Was it the time trial mode? During the Spanish presentation I posted earlier this month, you quickly see it when the guy playing goes back to the menu screen.

CaVaYeRo

wsippel said:
I think Deep Silver promised to reveal Cursed Mountain, but I guess that didn't happen after all? Or was it only shown behind closed doors?

Ingame, off-screen pics (some from the not-trailer):

and logo:
cursed_logo.jpg

Game is more advanced, looks better, this is old version. In-game not-trailer (official soon) shown. Some highlights from a partner:

- Huge enviroments inspired by trully Himalayian places. Not only mountains and paths, but town, villages, temples and monastery, as well.

- A lot of reseach about people and buddhism to get a trully behavior in CPU characters. They can be persons, phantoms, souls, demons, etc.

- Even with the big enviroments, solid graphics in buildings and many textures. Also good particle effects. Not so good character design and animation yet, early version.

- Why Wii?
1st: Wii is "pretty powerfull" and they can got all they want: enviroments, effects, etc
2nd: They are really interested in motion sense for erverything: combat, climbing... They didn´t want just to press a button once a again, they want a real fight with hard movement (he moved his armed hardly)

- Find out what is real and what is an illusion.

- It is a mix of survival horror and exploration in the adventure, with some climbing as well. There will some issues to resolve to go ahead, but not classical combination puzzles.

http://www.revogamers.net/noticias-2749-[GC08]-Impresiones-visuales-de-Cursed-Mountain.html

Environments look really good ;)

More tomorrow, after interviewing them!

Stike

I take it this is the official thread for the Games Convention?

Then I can offer something for you guys...

Behold: The EA Press Conference! (At least until the part where Warhammer Online started... had to leave for Konami)

BitTorrent:
download BitTorrent file

Rapidshare:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
--> You can join the parts with the freeware HJSplit (for Windows) or MacHacha (OS X)!

Hammer24

Banned
Stike said:
Behold: The EA Press Conference! (At least until the part where Warhammer Online started... had to leave for Konami)!

Put this and the latest Gamersyde vids/pics in the OP. Thx for the participation, guys and gals!

deepbrown

Blimblim said:
Headphone output and mic in levels are widely different, you can't do that without some conversion hardware.
SHouldn't they guys give you the ability to get the video and sound output? Perhaps they only do that in the press areas.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
deepbrown said:
SHouldn't they guys give you the ability to get the video and sound output? Perhaps they only do that in the press areas.
Strangely yo can't film in most press areas, even if it is the same build as on the showfloor. It's very frustrating.
Big LBP video encoding, I don't think there will be new things in it though.

banKai said:

We all know what that is anway, 1vs1 split screen race.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kafel said:

My goodness.

I really, really wish I didn't have so much other games to play at the end of the year - I've never played Fable before, and this one just looks and sound incredible...

Seeing as it's one of MS' big games of the year, I assume that there'll be a demo, so I can at least see it running in person in 1080p?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
cjelly said:
Where's mah Lips coverage? :mad:

Is it even there?
It's there behind closed doors afaik. If that's the case then it's very stupid from MS considering how popular singstar is in Germany. But then if MS hadn't be there at all I doubt many people would have noticed.

S1kkZ

Blimblim said:
It's there behind closed doors afaik. If that's the case then it's very stupid from MS considering how popular singstar is in Germany. But then if MS hadn't be there at all I doubt many people would have noticed.

its at their booth.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
S1kkZ said:
its at their booth.
Ok :)
Shows how no one in the gaming press gives a fuck about it then...
Oldschoolgamer said:
Were they allowed to take video of Bayonetta, or do we have to wait until the next game show? :(
Bayonetta is only behind very closed doors. Looks good though :p

S1kkZ

Blimblim said:

which is a shame, i think its at least as good as singstar.
have you seen just cause 2?

oh and one thing blim: please take a gameplay video of the new spider-man game.

soco

Blimblim said:

there's a certain level of irony to this...

Blu_LED said:
So the 12 Sony announcements...what where they?

1. LBP Release Date
  2. Video Streaming Service
  3. DVR Release Date
  4. Eyepet
  5. 80 GB Realease Date
  6. 160GB PS3 Announced
  7. PSP-3000
  8. Singstar PS2-PS3 Compatability
  9. Sinstar Disney
  10. Heavy Rain
  11. PS3 Keypad
  12. Buzz! Brain Bender

What else?

That's all I got!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Blimblim said:

Bayonetta is only behind very closed doors. Looks good though :p

Booo! :(

Quick, take a cellphone and sneak some shots!

luffeN

SolidSnakex said:
Was it the time trial mode? During the Spanish presentation I posted earlier this month, you quickly see it when the guy playing goes back to the menu screen.

I think it said those two words, but I can't confirm :p and travis: don't know about the 1on1, but would be cool. hell, even a play of tag would be nice on the rooftops, capture the flag etc, everything ^

S1kkZ

we need more spider-man web of shadows footage!!!!! do you hear me blim?!
and what the fuck is up with just cause 2? was it really canceled?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
S1kkZ said:
we need more spider-man web of shadows footage!!!!! do you hear me blim?!
We tried doing something footage, but it ended up horrible. I don't know if the game sucks or every single player sucks, but damn it's bad.

S1kkZ

Blimblim said:
We tried doing something footage, but it ended up horrible. I don't know if the game sucks or every single player sucks, but damn it's bad.

?
i think it was awesome. maybe its more fun to play then to look at?

Stike

More Press Conference Video:

MIDWAY (feat. Mortal Kombat vs. DC and The Wee... Wheelman!)

Edit: Bittorrent IS DOWN - so are all other torrents, due to technical problems. I will fix that during the next two days or so, until then (sorry to say) you will have to use Rapidshare or wait for the torrent.

Rapidshare is also up:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
You can join the files back together with the free tools HJSplit or MacHacha.

Have fun!

By the way: Ubisoft coming up next.
Edit again: Sony press conference will be available soon as well!

ram

Blimblim said:
Strangely yo can't film in most press areas, even if it is the same build as on the showfloor. It's very frustrating.
Big LBP video encoding, I don't think there will be new things in it though.

yeah very strange indeed - even photos aren`t allowed...

Top Bottom