• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Leipzig - Thread for Cheapskates, Loot Hunter and News Tidbits

I don't think much press is going to it but HawX looked really good.

Didn't play Mercenaries 2, but watched a bit of it. Looks great for open world.

Red Faction looked pretty good and played well. The damage system was great and felt really fun. Wacking stuff with the hammer and seeing it collapse is very satisfying.

Darksiders felt good had some nice visuals and shader effects but the framerate was awful.

Dark Void looked way better than the last time I looked at media of it. Great game with more satisfying shooting in it than Gears. The vertical cover is really cool especially rocketing upward with the jet pack. Frame rate was not great in this game either.

Bionic Commando was fun. Demo was 4 player deathmatch on and around an office tower. Looked good, swinging worked out really well.

Pure is downright gorgeous. Feels great and not the floaty bouncy mess I was expecting. With the controller in hand it feels perfect.

SF IV played really well I thought. I've been playing SF II recently and while IV is really different the collision detection, timing, and animations are all excellent here. Played surprisingly well with the 360 D-Pad.

Velvet Assassin was a total sleeper hit for me. Didn't expect anything of the game going into the booth but came away reasonably impressed. Its basically stealth action with a female spy in WW2. It had beautiful lighting effects and shadows, satisfying stealth kills, and a an cool abstract world when under attack.

Fracture single player demo looked far better than media I saw last time. Characters are more standard sci-fi and video gamey but the terrain deformation looks WAY better than it did when they first put out the videos 6 or 9 months ago.

Hammer24

Banned
Before this thread finally dies away, I want to thank everyone who helped to make this years GC such an amzing experience! It would be very nice, if we could do something similar again next year.
Last but not least, two more blurry cam vids of two not so often showed games:
Spyro on the 360
VP: Trouble in Paradise

Top Bottom