• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC Officially Cancelled (Update: Postponed for possible later date)

ManaByte

Gold Member
The Game Developers Conference is canceled, sources tell IGN. Two developers familiar with GDC's plans have told us the convention will officially be canceled today.

They will hold it in the summer.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
pJdPp9P.jpg

Kagey K

Banned
GdC sCaRed oF GaMeRS aNd DeVoLpErS.

Am I doing this stupid ass meme right?

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Noting of value was lost.
I mean, GDC is mostly for devs and stuff, they did it because they found value in it and we got some cool tid bits with discussions and interviews we cared about occasionally too, who are you to say that, lol. Glad it's just been basically postponed rather than cancelled, though I imagine many can't make new plans to attend.

Last edited:
I mean, GDC is mostly for devs and stuff, they did it because they found value in it and we got some cool tid bits with discussions and interviews we cared about occasionally too, who are you to say that, lol. Glad it's just been basically postponed rather than cancelled, though I imagine many can't make new plans to attend.
Its an opinion, I never get anything out of it. Are you one of those people that need every post to have imo before it to not get triggered?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Everything will be cancelled except one thing ..

Hollywood.. just wait there will be a new trailer for a new movie called
Resident Evil : C-virus

Fucking unbelievable

Alexios

Everything will be cancelled except one thing ..

Hollywood.. just wait there will be a new trailer for a new movie called
Resident Evil : C-virus

Fucking unbelievable
I mean, the games aren't cancelled over this, why would movies get cancelled?
They just gave an Oscar to a South Korean predictive programming movie.

The Hollywood propaganda machine never stops.
You must be getting your news/views from Trump, lol. Parasite has great reviews all over the world from independent critics, agencies and viewers, not just Hollywood. It also isn't (about) predictive programming.

Its an opinion, I never get anything out of it. Are you one of those people that need every post to have imo before it to not get triggered?
No, an opinion is "I never cared for GDC, it can fuck off and die for all I care" or whatever, what you did was an attempt to state that opinion as an universal fact for everyone, whether they feel different or not, by stating the thing you don't care for has no value whatsoever (not just to you), an imo before or after doesn't change that.

Last edited:

Alexios

I’m not saying it’s a bad movie, I just find the “coincidence” of it all.

;)
Guess they forgot to ask what timing is convenient for you for a director/writer and all the cast and stars to align so they strike gold and get widely acknowledged by the rest of the world. Freaking South Koreans at it again, timing their awesome movie hits and the Oscars during bad trade relations with the US of A, the nerve!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Guess they forgot to ask what timing is convenient for you for a director/writer and all the cast and stars to align so they strike gold and get widely acknowledged by the rest of the world. Freaking South Koreans at it again, timing their awesome movie hits and the Oscars during bad trade relations with the US of A, the nerve!

Can’t a joke be a fucking joke?

FFS, chill out on the extra.

oagboghi2

Why are jumping down everyone throats? You can't handle someone knocking a stupid videogame conference or a movie that doesn't matter?

No, an opinion is "I never cared for GDC, it can fuck off and die for all I care" or whatever, what you did was an attempt to state that opinion as an universal fact for everyone, whether they feel different or not, by stating the thing you don't care for has no value whatsoever (not just to you), an imo before or after doesn't change that.
You seriously thought I meant GDC has zero value for everyone lol. You shoulda just taken a second and thought about how illogical your interpretation sounded. I'm not gonna discuss this anymore because I'm sure people know that's obviously not what my post means.

Top Bottom