• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 horde mode - where the hell to start?

cormack12

Gold Member
So I last played Horde 3.0, played Gears 4 on PC but only the campaign. Grabbed Gears 5 on gamepass and wtf with all the menus and classes. I googled a few beginner guides so I understand how the game mode works but any pointers? It's downloading the rest of the multiplayer components as I type so just want some uick and dirty thoughts.

Do I need one of every class? I take it I earn credit to unlock cosmetics and appearances, finishers etc. Or are thhere some form of lootboxes etc?

I miss selecting horde, machmaking then being dropped in lol

I tried jumping into it, its definitely more complicated than it used to be and the enemies feel like they take way more bullets. In the old games you just needed to know the good camping spots in each map and you were good to go.

Chukhopops

If you play in the default easy difficulty you really don’t have much to worry about, it’s fairly accessible.

The easiest to play is a support class like Mechanic, Medic or Jack. Just build a few defenses, camp them and repair them. You can start defensively and move your defenses forward if it gets too easy.

Between waves you can spend your energy on perks, prioritize defenses damage then health.

You can focus on one class at first, when you level the class up you gain access to more class skills (unlocked automatically as you level). You gain more cards with games and can use duplicates to level up skills, which takes more duplicates each time.

But don’t worry about that, the default difficulty is again fairly easy.

Valt7786

Pick Pilot, level it up, get the filthy good cards like dropshot stuns enemies and near death enemies get frozen, get used to using the dropshot, use the ultimate to wreck groups and bosses.

Top Bottom