• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

nitewulf

neorej said:
I think I'll wait 'till the PC version comes along...
even with all you guys waiting for the PC versions how come the PC versions dont sell at all, and the 360 versions sell millions of copies? what's the deal?

TheOddOne

but lets not forget the people nagging about issues in GeOW 1 for the pc @ Epic forums.

And these pc-things ya'll taking about...just say it ''i want a pirated copy muhahahah''.
Piracy these days.

Arthas

Banned
nitewulf said:
even with all you guys waiting for the PC versions how come the PC versions dont sell at all, and the 360 versions sell millions of copies? what's the deal?

scott_the_pirate.png

pswii60

nitewulf said:
thisisgafdude.gif

And exclusive generally means 'privilege of having first'. eg, when a newspaper gets an exclusive story or article. It doesn't mean 'permanently limited to'.

womp

Just watched the HD trailer on Live...Not much to it but it's cool that it's coming. And it's already being advertised all over the damned Dashboard too. :lol

moai

i'm amazed at how many times the "360 exclusive lol" and "i'll wait for the Pc version" has been posted.

SickBoy

Curious what "PC means not exclusive" folks are looking for -- "360 console exclusive"? A lot of wasted bandwidth on this issue these days.

To me "360 exclusive" says nothing about the PC presence... did anyone actually think Left 4 Dead wasn't going to PC when it was claimed that it was "360 only"? I'd just rather see less of this foolishness.

Arthas said:
"360 Exclusive."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

How the fuck is this even human discourse?

Bildi

I like to see games announced relatively close to launch, not two or more years beforehand. Nice way to build hype.

bluheim got banned? That was quick, but of course well deserved.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Arthas said:
"360 Exclusive."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

firedrink.gif

besada

Banned
Arthas said:
"360 Exclusive."

Seriously, just get the fuck over it already.

Arthas said:
Expression of extreme lol. Gotta give the thread title credit for being grossly misleading after all.

How is it misleading?

Providing a dramatic close to Microsoft's 2008 Game Developers Conference keynote address, lead designer Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games announced that the heroic saga of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad will continue exclusively on Xbox 360 this fall with Gears of War® 2.

Unless you've got some secret insider info, it doesn't warrant even ONE :lol let alone fucking seventy-three.

Arthas

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
How is it misleading?

360 timed exclusive. If you're suggesting that it's going to stay on 360 you're being very mislead.
It is not 360 exclusive, it is 360 timed exclusive. Exclusive implies it's never going to another platform, ever.

besada

Banned
Arthas said:
I have. You're the one quoting it.

Yes, and you're glue and all that third grade, mouth-breathing, functional illiterate discourse you're pushing in threads like these. No, I'm used to the "I can press a key over and over like a trained monkey" contingent at GAF. I was referring to your pathological need to come into a thread and shriek the obvious (that GoW2 will eventually make its way to PC) like a brain-dead gibbon.

Please refrain.

Arthas said:
360 timed exclusive. If you're suggesting that it's going to stay on 360 you're being very mislead.

It is not 360 exclusive, it is 360 timed exclusive. Exclusive implies it's never going to another platform, ever.

So fucking christ, write that. Just stapling LOLs onto your fucking monitor is the act of a four year old.

And as of right now, is is A 360 EXCLUSIVE. Not timed because no other platform has been announced. Pray tell, was Halo 2 a timed a exclusive? Shit, are you trying to tell me Gears Of War was a timed exclusive?

Seriously?

Are you serious?

Notice how I'm actually asking you a question and not just shitting out of my fingertips the following:

GOW2 A TIMED EXCLUSIVE?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And that's just an abridged version of what you "wrote".

Arthas

Banned
besada said:
Yes, and you're glue and all that third grade, mouth-breathing, functional illiterate discourse you're pushing in threads like these. No, I'm used to the "I can press a key over and over like a trained monkey" contingent at GAF. I was referring to your pathological need to come into a thread and shriek the obvious (that GoW2 will eventually make its way to PC) like a brain-dead gibbon.

Please refrain.

Oh, so since it's so obvious that it's coming to pc, calling it an xbox360 EXCLUSIVE is not misleading? Ok, gotcha.

Arthas

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
GOW2 A TIMED EXCLUSIVE?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

See, the effect is lost, considering it IS a timed exclusive.

besada

Banned
Arthas said:
Oh, so since it's so obvious that it's coming to pc, calling it an xbox360 EXCLUSIVE is not misleading? Ok, gotcha.

It is currently an exclusive. It was announced as an exclusive. The thread was not a signal to you and others to come screaming into a thread and tell us something we already know. Like I said, get over it. PC gaming doesn't need you to be its shining knight in armor.

It already has Borys, and he's a lot less irritating than you.

Another MS money-helmet!

It is probably wise to have the maker of the most popular licensed engine be on the payroll making an exclusive . . . you know they'll make their engine work well for your platform too. (Of course PS3 paid for a quasi-exclusive to Unreal Tournament, but that didn't quite work out as well.)

Arthas said:
See, the effect is lost, considering it IS a timed exclusive.

No. It isn't. Unless you're trying to tell me that Lost Planet was a timed exclusive.

Haze is a timed exclusive because right when it was announced it was known that a 360 version and PS3 version were being developed and the PR stated clearly (ironically in hindsight) that it was only exclusive to the PS3 in 2007.

And anyway, trying to draw attention away from the fact that a PC version will have barely any impact on the sales of the 360 version by posting :lol after :lol after :lol after :lol is yet another thing wrong with your ridiculous attempt at discourse.

Arthas

Banned
besada said:
It is currently an exclusive. It was announced as an exclusive. The thread was not a signal to you and others to come screaming into a thread and tell us something we already know. Like I said, get over it. PC gaming doesn't need you to be its shining knight in armor.

It already has Borys, and he's a lot less irritating than you.

Nothing to do with pc gaming. I'm here to correct the misleading thread title. Precisely the last words. It lies.

Arthas said:
Nothing to do with pc gaming. I'm here to correct the misleading thread title. Precisely the last words. It lies.

It's an accurate portrayal of the PR it is making a thread about. You know you're wrong. I know you know.

Arthas

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
No. It isn't. Unless you're trying to tell me that Lost Planet was a timed exclusive.

Haze is a timed exclusive because right when it was announced it was known that a 360 version and PS3 version were being developed and the PR stated clearly (ironically in hindsight) that it was only exclusive to the PS3 in 2007.

And anyway, trying to draw attention away from the fact that a PC version will have barely any impact on the sales of the 360 version by posting :lol after :lol after :lol after :lol is yet another thing wrong with your ridiculous attempt at discourse.

Let's face it, 'exclusive' means nothing these days (unless it's a first party wii game), and leave it at that.

pswii60

Arthas said:
Oh shut up, please shut the hell up. Stop degenerating and derailing this thread with your fucking insecure, immature crap and laughing smilies.

This is a thread about Gears of War 2.

Arthas

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
It's an accurate portrayal of the PR it is making a thread about. You know you're wrong. I know you know.

The thread starter is not wrong, since they are not his words. But the PR is lies. Stop supporting/defending lies.

MMaRsu

Banned
Arthas said:

It's 360 exclusive because it's not coming out on Ps3 or Wii.

Stfu.

besada

Banned
Arthas said:
The thread starter is not wrong, since they are not his words. But the PR is lies. Stop supporting/defending lies.

This is a moral crusade for Arthas. The internets is serious business.

Arthas

Banned
pswii60 said:
Oh shut up, please shut the hell up. Stop degenerating and derailing this thread with your fucking insecure, immature crap and laughing smilies.

This is a thread about Gears of War 2.

Yes it is about gears of war 2. We are now discussing the gears of war 2 exclusivity issue. 360 exclusive? Define that term for me please.

just tray

Banned
maybe the thread title should be "Gears of War 2, PC and PS3 fanboys unite"

I love laughing at fanboys.Especially PC fanboys. All three of them.

PC gaming is a myth

anyways cant wait for November

Arthas

Banned
besada said:
This is a moral crusade for Arthas. The internets is serious business.

Here I was trying to make a minor point ('360 exclusive' IS misleading) and now somebody has gone on a crusade, and it's not me, I can assure you. The infidel is being crucified.

MMaRsu

Banned
Arthas said:
Yes it is about gears of war 2. We are now discussing the gears of war 2 exclusivity issue. 360 exclusive? Define that term for me please.

It's not coming out on Ps3 or Wii. Console 360 exclusive.

Whether it's coming out for PC doesn't have anything to do with the 360 exclusiveness.

pswii60

Arthas said:
Why? WHY? Why keep going on about it? We've moved on. The only person giving a shit is you.

Arthas

Banned
MMaRsu said:
It's not coming out on Ps3 or Wii. Console 360 exclusive.

Whether it's coming out for PC doesn't have anything to do with the 360 exclusiveness.

:lol

Oh that's right, pc gaming is dead. Pc's can no longer play games that are also on consoles.

Arthas

Banned
pswii60 said:
Why? WHY? Why keep going on about it? We've moved on. The only person giving a shit is you.

I couldn't care less, beyond my original point ('360 exclusive' is misleading) You know it's PR talk, you know that. So why do you defend PR lies?

But as you say I don't care so don't bother answering that. Just leave me alone.

MMaRsu

Banned
Arthas said:
:lol

Oh that's right, pc gaming is dead. Pc's can no longer play games that are also on consoles.

What?

Wow.

How you got that from what I posted I have no fucking clue.

Wow :lol

Quincey

Banned
Arthas said:
I couldn't care less, beyond my original point ('360 exclusive' is misleading) You know it's PR talk, you know that. So why do you defend PR lies?

But as you say I don't care so don't bother answering that. Just leave me alone.

I don't believe it has been announced for any other platforms, so untill it is gow 2 is a 360 exclusive.

Top Bottom