• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

Tieno said:
Thread needs more CliffyB
gowguy.jpg

cliffyb1.jpg

Fuck he's hot.

X26

Banned
Blablurn said:
i wonder how big the graphical gap is going to be.

Minor at most I hope. GoW still looks amazing, I rather they spend the majority of their time on gameplay, netcode, multiplayer, framerate, etc.

TDG

Banned
Well, that teaser was a snoozer. At least we know GoW2 is coming in Nov, though. I'm pumped, the first one was reasonably good, and would've been incredible with some improvements. I'm hyped.

I really liked Gears of War.

But I'm confused. Last time I expressed that opinion here on GAF people told me I was wrong. Why was I wrong GAF, why?

underfooter said:

But I'm confused. Last time I expressed that opinion here on GAF people told me I was wrong. Why was I wrong GAF, why?

You actually played the game therefore your opinion is biased. Basically its better to form an opinion on a game if you only have a system where that said game is not available for only then can you fairly judge

Does anybody else feel kind of "meh" over this? We were all anticipating it...:lol but now that it's here the hype is kind of gone. Damnit Epic!

CrushDance said:
Does anybody else feel kind of "meh" over this? We were all anticipating it...:lol but now that it's here the hype is kind of gone. Damnit Epic!

I'm much more hyped..

Destructible environments, 100 locusts on screen, physics engine....

Blablurn said:
i wonder how big the graphical gap is going to be. (compared to the first one of course)
Hopefully like Halo to Halo 2. But going by UTIII, I doubt they can do too much more that they already have in the first Gears. If they can improve it, great, if not, Gears is still the best looking title on 360, period, so I'm fine with that too.

TDG

Banned
underfooter said:

Major gameplay problems with multiplayer, short but sweet single player.

bry-bry

Dark Octave said:
There's either a lot of females in here who like Cliffy B, or hheeeeeyyyyyyy..... *snaps fingers & windmills arm*

I'm pretty sure it's been all dudes so far, not that there's anything wrong with that.

tanod

when is my burrito
mr_bishiuk said:
I'm much more hyped..

Destructible environments, 100 locusts on screen, physics engine....

Tech demo <> Game

Sony already disappointed those of us who wanted a million ducks in their Super Rubadub game and we all know how THAT turned out. :(

bry-bry said:
I'm pretty sure it's been all dudes so far, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Oh no, no of course not. I'm sure Cliffy would be very excited. I mean, I'm not saying, y'know... but y'know. Y'know?

Just found out about this logging onto my xbox, downloading the trailer from the marketplace at a lovely slow speed right now, theme and pics too.

BTW Baird is awesome, >dom

Shit yeah!

Dark Octave said:
Oh no, no of course not. I'm sure Cliffy would be very excited. I mean, I'm not saying, y'know... but y'know. Y'know?

Yeah. There's nothing wrong with a dude recognizing that another dude is an attractive person. It shows security in one's uhh... masculinity or something.

1. GDC teaser/reveal
2. silence
3. E3 gameplay videos
4. Game Informer cover
5. In my house?

:lol I really hope we see more destruction in multiplayer and PLEASE be 60fps (probably not).

beerbelly

Banned
FabCam said:
It's a pretty good teaser. I think it was more to just confirm that it's coming rather than show anything off.

I'd have to disagree. One of the worst trailers ever, because we've already seen Marcus chain locusts to death in Gears 1. BUT this trailer might be hinting a counter-chain move that prevents automatic death. I hope that is the case since triggering a chain saw kill was too easy.

Wollan

Just woke up, surfing on phone from bed. Any details beside that it's coming + debut trailer?
Also, is there a ms keynote thread? Thanks.

Raide

Oh damn..I just figured out what I have done. I have got on the hype train too early! What am I supposed to think about until November huh?!

I promised myself I would not get hyped up about Gears 2 and look at me! *shakes fist at Cliffy.B*

Tieno

Wollan said:
Just woke up, surfing on phone from bed. Any details beside that it's coming + debut trailer?
Also, is there a ms keynote thread? Thanks.
If the trailer is representative of gameplay then chainsaw melee can be blocked and that block can be countered in an awesome new chainsaw melee. So far it's all a big CliffyB cocktease.

my cousin had an idea that maybe when marcus and locust locked chainsaws, that suggested that you were going to be able to do that online and it turns into a B mashing fest to see who gets the kill instead of the "coin flip" in the first gears.

but OH MY GOD HE FLIPPED THE GUN

Arthas

Banned
"360 Exclusive."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom