• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

Captain N

and the owner of the company is walking around. I won't be able to check back on the thread, but think someone could PM me the youtube link when it goes up?

Aladuf

Banned
I'm starting to get really crazy about Gears 2 over here after seeing the teaser trailer, I've already fully changed my dashboard to the Gears 2 background and I'm using one of the gamerpics from the new picture pack.

Raide

Anyone else get a odd excitement when Marcus flips the Lancer and jams it into the Locust? I wonder if that points to the combo's with melee weapons being added for Gears 2? More dismemberment please Epic!

Haklong

Hellraizer said:
HAWT TEASER.

Please Epic, give me that "Turn the Saw and fuck up his gut" as a move in the game.

I wonder if they will have those moves in the game. Clashing chainsaws which go into different kills.

Haklong

Hellraizer said:
Yes that would be awesome. Like in PoP.

The teaser is pure hype.

It's what I'm hoping for. You hear that Cliffy, put some Ninja Gaiden 2 over the top chainsaw kills in the game for us.

kbear

Cool, stylistic teaser. I can't wait to play this... Gears was my GOTY 2006 and it very well maybe 2008 as well.

FF_VIII said:
They need to fix online this time around.
They just need to add dedicated servers to get rid of the host advantage.

Aside from that, the multi-player was so much fun and so addicting.

Jim

Box art:

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

thecheese

I can't contain my excitement, I must run out into the streets naked while eating large amounts of delicious pork. OOOOOOHHHHH YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Penguin

Aladuf23 said:
I'm starting to get really crazy about Gears 2 over here after seeing the teaser trailer, I've already fully changed my dashboard to the Gears 2 background and I'm using one of the gamerpics from the new picture pack.

Someone sure does love their Gears of War.
if you love it so much, why don't you marry it.

If we get 'Alan Wake' this year and 'Dead Island' plus 'Left4Dead' this will be another awesome year to be a (360)gamer.

I was reading the liveblog over @ kotaku on the MS keynote. It reads, and I quote, among other things, 'He's showing a scene with more than 100 locust running through a street.' Any pics of this?

Really hoping for better online netcode this time, that was my only gripe with the game.

The combo-chainsaw fights are going to be SICKKKKKKKKK

I wonder how they will execute that move? I'm guessing if you have two people holding B and rushing each other you'll go into a QTE of some sort?

watership

Paznos said:
Not as excited as I thought I would be, hope they have more of a storyline this time around.

They won't. I'm pretty sure they'll have a poor story this time. They didn't really use the work of the previous writer they outsourced, and i bet they'll use internal guys this time.

Be prepared for 1997 best FPS dialog.

Thunderbear said:
really, anyone who isn't catching on Killzone 2 is in my opinion dead inside or just anti-sony. As much as Halo 3 deserved hype, this deserves 3x that. It might turn out to be an average title, look at Halo 3,
You suck.

watership said:
They won't. I'm pretty sure they'll have a poor story this time. They didn't really use the work of the previous writer they outsourced, and i bet they'll use internal guys this time.

Be prepared for 1997 best FPS dialog.
I don't see why they don't just pay some good writer 50k or so to do some story work for them.

On a game with a multi-million dollar budget, spending 1% more to improve one of the most important aspects of the game shouldn't be a huge problem.

Another game that I will buy.

Green Shinobi said:
On a game with a multi-million dollar budget, spending 1% more to improve one of the most important aspects of the game shouldn't be a huge problem.

You're talking about story right? What the fuck?
In an action game the last thing that needs to be looked at is the story.

besada

Banned
WinFonda said:
Thats awesome. Looks like another potentially packed November.

Ahem. I'll gladly let you opt for an early one month ban so you don't miss the November season.

I'm a gentleman like that.

WinFonda

besada said:
Ahem. I'll gladly let you opt for an early one month ban so you don't miss the November season.

I'm a gentleman like that.
Indeed, if it does land, I'll have no shortage of games to play while I serve my sentence.

watership

Green Shinobi said:
I don't see why they don't just pay some good writer 50k or so to do some story work for them.

You need to read about the writer they hired for Gears of War, I can't remember her name offhand right now however. After the game was released she came out and complained how she was fought all the way to make an indepth story, and most of the work she did ended up on the website, press materials and book inserts.

Top Bottom