• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2: Real-Emergence Thread of Cubed Meat - HD Gameplay up!

Shins

Banned
lybertyboy said:
Filefront mirrors:

Quicktime

WMV
2e5p7xs.gif

raYne

All the new additions are looking and sounding great. The new modes, new executions, hostage taking (this especially :D), weapons, networking tweaks, spectator/screnshot option, party system, everything. This is how you do a sequel.

Meat flag might end up being my favorite CTF style gametype ever. :lol

I really can't wait till we get to see other media from the SP though. The high-res shots of the one's we've seen already look ridiculous. :eek:

Dirtbag

I don't know what it is, but the flying camera for screenshots looked really amazing.

That may be the best looking camera I've seen yet. Something about the way it moved was perfect.

Dirtbag 504 said:
I don't know what it is, but the flying camera for screenshots looked really amazing.

That may be the best looking camera I've seen yet. Something about the way it moved was perfect.
The whole fast to slow-motion movement made it feel good imo, plus you never usually see a gears map from that high up so it's a nice bonus.

Great vid. Loving all the new stuff, especially the way the spectator cam works. Grenade mines are a good thing, hopefully they can't be bypassed by sprinting past and missing the explosion though.

One thing I did notice is that it seems a little too light at the moment, compared to the Gears 1 footage I mean. I guess it could be down to different capture modes for each though.

Flunkie

Banned
Well that was certainly amazing.

Don't know if this could/would even fit into the whole theme of Gears, but I find myself really wanting to switch aiming "views" a la MGS4.

Have they subtitled this sequel yet? All good sequels need a subtitle (see "Wrath of Khan" or "Guns of the Patriots")

I'm thinking:

Gears of War 2: Tears for Gears - With a close-up of Marcus on the cover looking dirty and yet a single tear streams down his face a la Iron Eyes Cody. There could be emphasis on the lives lost in the war with the locusts.

Then for the print ads they could run with a new slogan. The art would have Marcus, Dom, etc. standing there looking victorious. Underneath, the tag line would read:

"We're Here. We're Gears. Get used to it!" then "Gears of War 2 - November 2008"

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Have they subtitled this sequel yet? All good sequels need a subtitle (see "Wrath of Khan" or "Guns of the Patriots")

They could go for that mid-90s convention of adjusting the title to show its a sequel..."Gears 2 War" springs to mind.

Hopefully it'll spring out of mind too, its bloody awful!

Raxus said:
Any word on the longshot being nerfed?

Nope. Its looking like an active down.

I can't say that I'm against it. There is a lot of cover in Gears and along with things like smoke grenades, it can be hard to take a guy down with multiple shots to the body. Of course headshots are a priority, but the weapon needs to be as effective as its alternatives. Also what are the alternatives? 3 shot down without actives, and 2 shot down with active? Meh.

In comparison to 1 shot kill torques, the lethal boomshot and the fatal flamethrower Gears needs to remain consistent on the strength of power weapons.

I absolutely loved the footage. A lot of great little touch ups that looked amazing. I can't wait to play it. And honestly I can't even imagine how much time this game is going to suck out of me. When ever I get an opportunity to get a good competitive Gears match going (which is rare these days) with friends, competition, and lagless play I typically play until a chunk of the group ends up leaving.

Now I only need about 4 other guys. If Epic delivers the combination of the party system, ranked matches, and lagless multiplayer could keep me playing for an unhealthy amount of time.

Kydd BlaZe

Dark FaZe said:
Now I only need about 4 other guys. If Epic delivers the combination of the party system, ranked matches, and lagless multiplayer could keep me playing for an unhealthy amount of time.
You know i'm down homie :D

Top Bottom