• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 "Dust to Dust" trailer

XxCGSxX

JambiBum said:
Here is another stream wee But I think it is campaign stuff so I'm not watching. Also the quality doesn't seem to be that great.
That stream is playing beast mode right now. :eek:
Edit: Horde on right now

Repgnar

JambiBum said:
It's the one I linked up above and it's beast so I'm watching :D

Yup, looks like he's playing different stuff now. Pretty sure the few seconds I did see though couldn't have been anything but the campaign. Starting up a horde match now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
IS that horde match glitched to shit?

Perhaps this is a illegal copy? I noticed he's not on live, and this version seems laggy/bugged to hell.

JambiBum

Alienshogun said:
IS that horde match glitched to shit?
No. It's his stream. He was fucking around with the settings. The sound is all screwed up and a bunch of other stuff. I stopped watching it because of it. Just going to wait for the gunzlive later.

Plasmid

The ADDZ stream has a lot of freezing issues, constant character voice non-stop. He says it's modded but i don't know to which degree.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
JambiBum said:
No. It's his stream. He was fucking around with the settings. The sound is all screwed up and a bunch of other stuff. I stopped watching it because of it. Just going to wait for the gunzlive later.

I'm talking about the locust freezing, getting chainsawed, then exploding 3 seconds later after he moved on.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Not only is Rod spending his time answering legit and dumbass questions, he's actually doing this on a plane mid-flight, hahahaha!

JambiBum said:
Here is another stream wee But I think it is campaign stuff so I'm not watching. Also the quality doesn't seem to be that great.

This fucker modded the game - not even worth watching.

Arnie

Alienshogun said:
Damn, Rod is going after Bungieware, haha.
I think Bungieware handled himself pretty well and put his points across succinctly. Rod's explanation was still pretty backwards, saying that it's ok to work on DLC during the game's initial development period, I completely disagree and it undermines the price we as consumers pay for a product when there's content built which isn't included. Such as these additional characters and maps like Azura and Rustlung.

Because Epic didn't intend for us to know about these two maps doesn't make it right.

Unfortunately I don't have the willpower to use this as cause to not buy the game. I just love Gears and I'll enjoy the game regardless. My opinion of Epic has shifted significantly since 2006 though.

watership

I have no fucking clue what's going on in this thread. LiveStreams? Info about DLC somewhere on the disk, Is this thread even for talking about the trailer?

Checked the OP, it's still just "Woooo. So Hyped."

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:
I think Bungieware handled himself pretty well and put his points across succinctly. Rod's explanation was still pretty backwards, saying that it's ok to work on DLC during the game's initial development period, I completely disagree and it undermines the price we as consumers pay for a product when there's content built which isn't included. Such as these additional characters and maps like Azura and Rustlung.

Because Epic didn't intend for us to know about these two maps doesn't make it right.

Unfortunately I don't have the willpower to use this as cause to not buy the game. I just love Gears and I'll enjoy the game regardless. My opinion of Epic has shifted significantly since 2006 though.

It is what it is. In the end the game is still going to rock and people will deal with it.

Plasmid

Alienshogun said:
I'm talking about the locust freezing, getting chainsawed, then exploding 3 seconds later after he moved on.

He's on a jtag console apparently and has modified certain files in the game. I would only watch this if you just wanna see the game, don't base an opinion because honestly, it's just glitching locusts and griffin talking 24/7.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plasmid said:
He's on a jtag console apparently and has modified certain files in the game. I would only watch this if you just wanna see the game, don't base an opinion because honestly, it's just glitching locusts and griffin talking 24/7.

Yeah, I can't take anymore. I'll watch the other one in about 30 minutes.

Plasmid

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, I can't take anymore. I'll watch the other one in about 30 minutes.

Yeah, this is pretty boring considering all he's doing in the chat is advertising modded consoles.

Plasmid

Alright so i finally caught up with all the DLC stuff that happened today.

Honestly i feel like it's a pretty shitty thing to do, i'm never for on disk DLC as it makes ZERO sense other than just more money, and i wish epic wasn't so hungry for more hits off it.

The game starts with 10 maps, that's pretty good, i think gears started with 15 with the flashback so it's kinda bothersome that 2 are locked away.

Either way, they're just skins, i'll be happy with anything that's from the main game & the season pass.
i'm honestly wasting time for the gunzlive stream.

DoomGyver

When Epic learned about the gold weapon skins for Gears 2 going for $50-100 they were all like, Why isn't that money in MY pocket??

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:
No doubt. Just a shame about Epic's practice.

Eh, they are simply following the trend, and no doubt MS decided to "try this out" with their other big franchise. Sad thing is, it's going to work. People WILL buy those skins. I'm not going to lie, I probably will buy every last one.

They have us by the balls sir.

Plasmid said:
Alright so i finally caught up with all the DLC stuff that happened today.

Honestly i feel like it's a pretty shitty thing to do, i'm never for on disk DLC as it makes ZERO sense other than just more money, and i wish epic wasn't so hungry for more hits off it.

The game starts with 10 maps, that's pretty good, i think gears started with 15 with the flashback so it's kinda bothersome that 2 are locked away.

Either way, they're just skins, i'll be happy with anything that's from the main game & the season pass.
i'm honestly wasting time for the gunzlive stream.

I beat space marine, the MP is garbage, so now I'm romping through deadspace 2. Gonna need to find something else this week to keep me busy once that's complete.

-PXG-

For those of you who don't have VG

MrJMuffin Jared Jackson
@GearsViking what would you say to a 25xp week instead of just weekend? Build the anticipation more, and help those who cant grind weekends.

Rod Fergusson
@GearsViking Rod Fergusson
@MrJMuffin yes, that is currently the plan

I keep on lagging out for some reason. x20 EXP should be in effect right now.

EDIT

Oh, and the stream should be up any minute

http://www.gunzlive.tv/

EDIT 1

joeGraf said:
I've banned plenty in last 2 days. Leak footage and get banned. Act like a jerk to the reviewers and get banned.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:

EDIT

Nope, apparently he got shut down. He hasn't said shit since this.

https://twitter.com/#!/anthonyaisrael8/status/111951767247405056

@raczilla @BackwardsNinja I will be speaking with someone about this soon but as of right now it looks like I won't be streaming tomorrow.

-PXG- said:

EDIT

EDIT 1

Act like a jerk to reviewers and get banned? The fuck?

"Leak footage?" For real? lol

Full Recovery said:
When Epic learned about the gold weapon skins for Gears 2 going for $50-100 they were all like, Why isn't that money in MY pocket??
Then why didn't they offer them as DLC later? Netherrealm did something similar with MK9 IIRC.

-PXG-

Also this

joeGraf said:
BTW, this is why you should not play the game early. Those that did won't get the proper VG unlocks. They cheated themselves out of the unlocks by breaking the street date.

explanation

I'm pretty sure Joe meant that only if you have the VG achievement already you are likely to miss out because it's only checked once if you have it. However if you're yet to get the achievement, the game will keep checking daily.
(Correct me if I'm wrong somebody)

Full Recovery said:

Wait what, $100 iv got like 8 gold hammerburst codes sitting around. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, what a disaster for Epic. They don't even skirt around it like Capcom does, yes straight up we are withholding content so you can buy it even though it's done and on disc.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Also this

explanation

The explanation doesn't make sense, and Joe's rage tweeting doesn't make sense either since the game checks daily for the unlock.

That dude is seriously raging at the wrong people.

Where do you see those posts PXG? I don't see them on his twitter.

Dosia

JoeGraf is an asshole. He banned me from the forums before the release of gears 2 bc I said it was a stupid idea to have to vote for execution and warzone and not allowing players to play on them at all times if they favored one over the other. Can't stand those forums.

Willeth

Wait, what? If I get the game early I don't get my VG unlocks? So if I preorder online and it's delivered on the Monday, I have to fucking sit on my game for a day to make sure I get what I've earned?

Hoping this is just bluster and damage control.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyhow, he's full of shit anyhow. The Gridlock video from the other day in this very thread the dude had a gold gnasher and chrome lancer.

Willeth said:
Wait, what? If I get the game early I don't get my VG unlocks? So if I preorder online and it's delivered on the Monday, I have to fucking sit on my game for a day to make sure I get what I've earned?

Hoping this is just bluster and damage control.

He's full of shit, see above post.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
The Gridlock video from the other day in this very thread the dude had a gold gnasher and chrome lancer.
Good point, forgot that. Jesus, there's so much mismanagement coming from Epic here. They need a PR guy.

Willeth said:
Good point, forgot that. Jesus, there's so much mismanagement coming from Epic here. They need a PR guy.

Ill do it, i dont even what that much money + i can put a good spin on anything and sell water to a fish.

RedSwirl

Should I really blow a $50 gift card on Gears 3 if I'm probably only gonna play the campaign and MAYBE some co-op? I mean horde mode is a possibility but I just don't have the time for multiplayer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh shit, he ain't bluffing.

Apparently there is a TU coming day 1 that sets VG the way it's supposed to be now.

That guy with the gold gnasher didn't have all the gold guns, only the gnasher since it was originally a week 1 unlock.

Shit just got real.

Odyssey just got screwed.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
Oh shit, he ain't bluffing.

Apparently there is a TU coming day 1 that sets VG the way it's supposed to be now.

That guy with the gold gnasher didn't have all the gold guns, only the gnasher since it was originally a week 1 unlock.

Shit just got real.

Odyssey just got screwed.
So if I put the game in and it doesn't patch, I should just quit out and not play until it's available? This whole thing is nonsense.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, looks like when I get the game early I'll have to play it on another account for the Campaign just to finish the story, and then on my main account on the proper release date.

Glad that this was announced - and thinking about it, it was kinda last minute to program that change into the full game after the whining about the Veteran Gear unlock from people.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:
So if I put the game in and it doesn't patch, I should just quit out and not play until it's available? This whole thing is nonsense.

Pretty much.

Skilotonn said:
Damn, looks like when I get the game early I'll have to play it on another account for the Campaign just to finish the story, and then on my main account on the proper release date.

Glad that this was announced - and thinking about it, it was kinda last minute to program that change into the full game after the whining about the Veteran Gear unlock from people.

Gold gnasher never should have been a week 1 unlock.

If anything it should have been the sawed off.

iluvgames

Banned
Quote:
thebluerising Nate
@GearsViking @therealcliffyb Selling 100% finished content as DLC? On disc DLC? #classy #nickelanddime
Quote:
@GearsViking
Rod Fergusson
@thebluerising @therealcliffy it's necessary to put extra content on disk so that everyone can see your purchase. Otherwise only you see it.

So they could not just make all those skins unlockabe in game without having to pay? Everyone would be able to see them

And if that is how it is, then all the characters are on the disc, Bernie, Onyx Guard.. Maybe even RAAM, Tai, Minh and Skorge ?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
iluvgames said:
Quote:
thebluerising Nate
@GearsViking @therealcliffyb Selling 100% finished content as DLC? On disc DLC? #classy #nickelanddime
Quote:
@GearsViking
Rod Fergusson
@thebluerising @therealcliffy it's necessary to put extra content on disk so that everyone can see your purchase. Otherwise only you see it.

So they could not just make all those skins unlockabe in game without having to pay? Everyone would be able to see them

And if that is how it is, then all the characters are on the disc, Bernie, Onyx Guard.. Maybe even RAAM, Tai, Minh and Skorge ?

Yep, or they are in the day 1 TU, or future mandatory patches that include them.

JambiBum

Alienshogun said:
Yep, or they are in the day 1 TU, or future mandatory patches that include them.

By the sounds of it I'm guessing that the characters aren't on the disc but will be included in patches so that everyone can see them.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
Pretty much.
Aha, but. I have the Hammerburst and Lancer from Gears 2, I have the Plancer from the beta and the Sawed-off from completing Insane, as well as VG. So I should get them all pre TU or not, right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
JambiBum said:
By the sounds of it I'm guessing that the characters aren't on the disc but will be included in patches so that everyone can see them.

Yeah, that would be my guess as well.
Willeth said:
Aha, but. I have the Hammerburst and Lancer from Gears 2, I have the Plancer from the beta and the Sawed-off from completing Insane, as well as VG. So I should get them all pre TU or not, right?

To be honest, I don't know bud. Shit's all fucked up over there.

Volimar

From Epic's forum:

JoeGraf

"If it doesn't ask you to download the TU with the VG change, I wouldn't press the start button."

Poor Ice-T. He's lost out on gold weapons now...

Edit - Sweet, full fledged member now!

Arnie

Must be an aim hack, two of those shots clearly fired into the sky which couldn't have legitimately hit any targets. Seems strange though, after 1000s of hours of Gears i've never come across someone using an aiming hack.

Played some Gears 1 today, War Machine, styled. Made a few people rage quit.

Top Bottom