• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 "Dust to Dust" trailer

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Volimar said:
From Epic's forum:

JoeGraf

"If it doesn't ask you to download the TU with the VG change, I wouldn't press the start button."

Poor Ice-T. He's lost out on gold weapons now...

Edit - Sweet, full fledged member now!

No, epic will "give" them the gold weapons and whatever else they want. Just like high profile people like Prodigy, and other pro gamers.

Arnie said:
Must be an aim hack, two of those shots clearly fired into the sky which couldn't have legitimately hit any targets. Seems strange though, after 1000s of hours of Gears i've never come across someone using an aiming hack.

Played some Gears 1 today, War Machine, styled. Made a few people rage quit.

The whole thing was a joke, look at the tags.

Volimar

Xamdou said:
So I bought the Gears controller, redeemed the code and it only gives me the infected omen skin pack.

Do you have the game yet? Apparently, it only unlocks Adam Fenix once you've got the game. Otherwise it looks just like what you said.

-PXG-

Xamdou said:
So I bought the Gears controller, redeemed the code and it only gives me the infected omen skin pack.

Check your Gears 3 save folder. It should say "Console Bundle" or something along those lines.

zlatko

Banned
*Plays about 3 games of Gears 2*

JerrySeinfeld.gif

Not worth trying to do 71-100. Lol. Bring on 3. :/

JambiBum

Alienshogun said:
LOL, I guess Joe didn't like me saying he was bluffing with the VG thing. I'm perma banned from the forums.
Gonna guess that a lot of people got banned today lol. You should have known that that might happen you silly goose.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Holy shit? For real? Where was your last post. Post a link.

Can't, those were the last "offensive" posts though and I got banned for "insulting/trolling/flaming" another user.

That's some real nazi shit. It literally says "ban will be lifted: never."
JambiBum said:
Gonna guess that a lot of people got banned today lol. You should have known that that might happen you silly goose.

I did, that's why I don't give a shit.

I'm not banned from gears because I didn't violate MS TOS, but I'm banned from the forums. If they had banned me from "playing" this would be a whole other conversation.

zlatko said:
*Plays about 3 games of Gears 2*

Not worth trying to do 71-100. Lol. Bring on 3. :/
this. there's just no point in forcing yourself to play that terrible multiplayer. playing through the campaign though, pretty fun.

Reckoner

lol. epic are doing it really wrong. I pay for a game and to have access to all the contents on the disc/game I paid I have to give them even more money? ridiculous.

what are the unlockables for going level 100 on gears 2 mp?

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
Can't, those were the last "offensive" posts though and I got banned for "insulting/trolling/flaming" another user.

That's some real nazi shit. It literally says "ban will be lifted: never."

COLD BloooooOOOOOoooooddeeddd

Reckoner said:
lol. epic are doing it really wrong. I pay for a game and to have access to all the contents on the disc/game I paid I have to give them even more money? ridiculous.

what are the unlockables for going level 100 on gears 2 mp?

title, emblem, gold gnasher, all other gold weapons if you didn't have them already.

Alienshogun said:
LOL, I guess Joe didn't like me saying he was bluffing with the VG thing. I'm perma banned from the forums.

I missed the party. What's going on with VG? Who's bluffing about what?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Xtortionist said:
title, emblem, gold gnasher, all other gold weapons if you didn't have them already.

I missed the party. What's going on with VG? Who's bluffing about what?

Joe Graf, and he's not bluffing. If you play early you won't get the VG unlocks.

-PXG-

The Xtortionist said:
Dick move, Epic. What if someone walked into a mom n' pop store and bought the game without knowing the real release date?

Assholes.

I don't think it's deliberate. It's just an unintentional effect of how the system is set up.

Sucks though.

So yeah, if any of you care about VG unlocks, and happen to get it early, just play on another account.

JambiBum

The Xtortionist said:
Dick move, Epic. What if someone walked into a mom n' pop store and bought the game without knowing the real release date?

Assholes.

He should probably explain it a little better. The game checks to see if you have VG every time you play. Once it detects that you have it it stops checking. There is going to be a day one patch that unlocks the VG unlocks. If you play before the patch and you have VG then you don't get the unlocks because the system won't check for them anymore once the patch comes out. If you don't have VG you can play all you want and not worry about it.

JambiBum said:
He should probably explain it a little better. The game checks to see if you have VG every time you play. Once it detects that you have it it stops checking. There is going to be a day one patch that unlocks the VG unlocks. If you play before the patch and you have VG then you don't get the unlocks because the system won't check for them anymore once the patch comes out. If you don't have VG you can play all you want and not worry about it.

Then they should patch it again for everyone affected by the glitch.

nomis

The Xtortionist said:

Assholes.

I find this scenario highly unlikely. Person who cares about the unlocks not knowing when the game comes out...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
JambiBum said:

Yep, pretty much, but they are using it as a deterrent right now as well.

Seems they are pretty pissed about it being out in the wild already.

-PXG-

The Xtortionist said:
Then they should patch it again for everyone affected by the glitch.

Won't happen. Only the first patch is free. Developers have to pay for all subsequent patches there is no way Epic would pay MS to create a TU for people who got the game early.

Either wait for the 20th to play the game or play on a different account if you care about VG.

JambiBum

The Xtortionist said:
I don't see why. Unless the game is total ass (which it isn't), this can only create more hype.
Every dev gets upset when a game leaks early. Whether it's shit or not. Eidos was upset that Deus Ex leaked early even though everyone loved it.

Also yessss streammm

Volimar

omnomis said:
I find this scenario highly unlikely. Person who cares about the unlocks not knowing when the game comes out...

I was just going to say this. If you even know about the unlocks, then you have to know when the release date is.

I can't help but be a little disappointed in Epic regarding the DLC skins but I was planning on rocking chrome anyway so it's no biggie.

It's just kind of lame that they'd show off all those skins to us and really talk them up, only to make you pay for them all separately.

Plasmid

Will all the Unlocks from the beta be in gears 3? Really liked the urban skin.

Also, thrashball cole will be in gears 3 right?

-PXG-

Looks like the Snub may have been buffed. I hope so.

JambiBum said:
PXG did you send him a message? lol.

Also, I don't think I heard madworld play between rounds.

Yeah I did. Did it pop up?

Plasmid said:
Will all the Unlocks from the beta be in gears 3? Really liked the urban skin.

Also, thrashball cole will be in gears 3 right?

It looks like these are the only skins that will be available for free.

Chrome
Gold
Gold Omen
Crimson Omen- Hammerburst/Retro/Gnasher/SOS from doing things in-game.
Flame
Team Insignia
Onyx

Plasmid

HawksWinStanley said:
It looks like these are the only skins that will be available for free.

Chrome
Gold
Gold Omen
Crimson Omen- Hammerburst/Retro/Gnasher/SOS from doing things in-game.
Flame
Team Insignia
Onyx

:( i liked the urban camouflage.

And what the shit there's a guy in Bangers stream with 40 already.

Plasmid said:
:( i liked the urban camouflage.

And what the shit there's a guy in Bangers stream with 40 already.

I know that feel, bro. I kind of wanted to fuck around with some of the skins and try them out.

Did Rod ever say how much the discounted skin bundle will be?

-PXG-

Seriously, it looked good. That or he just got really good shots on active.

h3ro said:
PXG!! :lol

Anyone else feel like the female characters move faster? :S

Nope. Everyone moves at the same speed. Also, Cliff confirmed that all characters have the same hitboxes too.

Plasmid

I feel like asking him how much the retro kickback has been adjusted considering Cliffy said it was changed after the beta ended.

h3ro

-PXG- said:
Nope. Everyone moves at the same speed. Also, Cliff confirmed that all characters have the same hitboxes too.

Thanks for that, the hitbox size was going to be my next question.

Top Bottom