• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zHwJw.jpg

DNBJd.jpg

ORLdF.jpg

ONLY SEND A FRIEND REQUEST TO ONE OF THE TAGS.

Manged by mbmonk

Managed by vodka-bull

WALLPAPERS (Placeholder/WIP)

Download

48qr4.jpg

xMTPn.jpg

M2emq.jpg

jtRjJ.jpg

tpQ1m.jpg

8twl0.jpg

4UpVv.jpg

Zmh4V.jpg

r7PZ0.jpg

KRCtP.jpg

O8rJ9.jpg

CUSTOM COVERS (Placeholder/WIP)

Download

KznqP.jpg

ZoqBs.jpg

F6GCT.jpg

RJxCj.jpg

Z1Nn7.jpg

Art by PXG

Original thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444622

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh daaaaaaamn. OT2. I didn't think it would take this long to hit it. :O

A lot of people attribute it to how quick we moved to community. I think it's more because this game has a small community (due to its skill requirement), and we don't circle jerk about the "lore."

Quoting post from the first thread.

Risk Breaker said:
Why not? As long as they sell... It's not like they are doing these maps now.

What do you mean? Sure, they outsource the maps afaik, but what do you mean by they aren't doing these maps now?

It's probably not up to Epic if they get to make more maps either. I'm assuming MS will pay for those.

zlatko

Banned
A lot of people attribute it to how quick we moved to community. I think it's more because this game has a small community (due to its skill requirement), and we don't circle jerk about the "lore."

So you're saying we need to circle jerk over the lore to hit quicker OT's. I should write some RAAM fanfic with a love story with Myrah. :p

Also, your new avatar is 1/100th as cool as your old one. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So you're saying we need to circle jerk over the lore to hit quicker OT's. I should write some RAAM fanfic with a love story with Myrah. :p

Also, your new avatar is 1/100th as cool as your old one. :(

No way dude, barbell avatar > Kenshin avatar. Anyway, lifting is more "me" than Kenshin/Anime are now.

And no, I don't want this OT to turn into a HaloGAF type thread. Bitching about MP mechanics is fine, but the lore crap gets old quick when it gets rolling.

Veelk

Banned
From the title, am I to assume they pulled out dedi's or something? Sorry, I haven't played gears in forever.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Hey guys

Can we create a brand new list going for the remaining people that still play regularly?

My friends have stopped playing and I find nobody is on the current lists.

Draconian

I finally broke down and bought Fenix Rising today. Peer to peer isn't as atrocious as Gears 2 was, but shotguns were inconsistent enough to make me want back on the servers even if it did mean paying $10. Plus, it's great value anyway if you play these games regularly enough.

Quoting post from the first thread.

What do you mean? Sure, they outsource the maps afaik, but what do you mean by they aren't doing these maps now?

It's probably not up to Epic if they get to make more maps either. I'm assuming MS will pay for those.

What I mean is that I'm preeetty sure they had at least half of the DLC done long before they shipped the game and that People Can Fly helped with the other half so it's not a material impossibility. They sure could do more DLC, and maybe they already did it. Not that I care much right now, I wanted Guardian and more good maps (and the shitty ones removed) 5 months ago. I'll be too busy with Vita to buy Gold for Gears :/

What I mean is that I'm preeetty sure they had at least half of the DLC done long before they shipped the game and that People Can Fly helped with the other half so it's not a material impossibility. They sure could do more DLC, and maybe they already did it. Not that I care much right now, I wanted Guardian and more good maps (and the shitty ones removed) 5 months ago. I'll be too busy with Vita to buy Gold for Gears :/

Yeah, they definitely had the campaign and horde DLC ready long before they released it. Same with the characters and most weapon skins.

I doubt they have a bunch of maps done now, though. Like I said, it's probably up to MS at this point if they are going to release more DLC. It didn't sound like they have any plans for more DLC as of now, if we're going by that interview.

If they release another map pack, I'd say that it will be a classic map pack, because that would be much easier and cheaper to make than brand new maps.

I agree that Guardian should have been there from day 1. Whoever thought that combining Guardian and Submission would be a good idea, should be fired. CTL is such a shitty mode compared to Guardian.

Yeah, they definitely had the campaign and horde DLC ready long before they released it. Same with the characters and most weapon skins.

I doubt they have a bunch of maps done now, though. Like I said, it's probably up to MS at this point if they are going to release more DLC. It didn't sound like they have any plans for more DLC as of now, if we're going by that interview.

If they release another map pack, I'd say that it will be a classic map pack, because that would be much easier and cheaper to make than brand new maps.

I agree that Guardian should have been there from day 1. Whoever thought that combining Guardian and Submission would be a good idea, should be fired. CTL is such a shitty mode compared to Guardian.

I completely agree with everything you just said :p

I really don't know what's gonna be next for this franchise, to be honest. I'd like to know how much of a say MS has in the entire matter...

They have quite a bit of characters left.

From the old games, really all I want is River, Pavilion, Memorial, and maybe a tweaked Allfathers Garden.

Most of the maps wouldn't fit 3 too well imo.

They have quite a bit of characters left.

From the old games, really all I want is River, Pavilion, Memorial, and maybe a tweaked Allfathers Garden.

Most of the maps wouldn't fit 3 too well imo.

I'd say that most maps would work fine. Especially the ones that were in Gears 2. I wouldn't want them all, but some would be great.

-PXG-

I was at work and then went out. Oops.

Anyway, I will be resresenting Gears GAF tonight in NYC. Oh man, if only we could have a drunken Gears 3 LAN...that would be incredible.

malfcn

What is the deal with patches on Gears? Whenever I get one (my games keep all wanting to bump each other), I cannot connect to LiVE. And it is only with Gears. I have to restart my console. Whoa, except for this time!

-PXG-

New CliffyB Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa6Yd0Q83Cs

He regrets that they didn't add perks to multiplayer :-o

Cliff clearly doesn't know what the fuck to do. No wonder he likes the Sawed-Off. Christ man....the fuck. Stop dumbing down the game and catering to the idiots. Damn.

Seriously, the fuck are you thinking man? Clearly your not. If you actually bothered to play your own game and weren't horrible at it, you'd know what actually works and what doesn't.

But hey, none of us are perfect. I still love you, and Gears 3 is great. Just being honest man. Plus, I've had a looooooooooooooot to drink tonight. Don't take it to heart :)

Brakara

New CliffyB Interview:

Ugh.

But, to be fair, you can't really blame him when you look at the numbers. After all, both of the two most popular shooters (MW3/BF3) have this bullshit. And they don't just have it, they are defined by it.

Personally, though, the fact that the unlocks are all cosmetics is one of the reasons I love Gears.

New CliffyB Interview:

the part about dedicated servers and putting the blame to "Europe's infrastructure" is down right insulting and clearly shows he should keep his mouth shut about things he doesn't understand.
Europe's Internet infrastructure isn't perfect but it's good and clearly not the root of "gears 3 mp issues".
I work as a telco engineer in Europe so I know a thing of two about this.
If other games can work properly and your's can't, clearly, it's not the issue of "infrastructure".

the part about dedicated servers and putting the blame to "Europe's infrastructure" is down right insulting and clearly shows he should keep his mouth shut about things he doesn't understand.
Europe's Internet infrastructure isn't perfect but it's good and clearly not the root of "gears 3 mp issues".
I work as a telco engineer in Europe so I know a thing of two about this.
If other games can work properly and your's can't, clearly, it's not the issue of "infrastructure".

Did he really say that? I'm glad I didn't watch the video. I play GT5 from Spain with people all around the world in a European host and it works muuuch better than Gears 3.

He can go eff himself.

JimiNutz

Banned
I love Gears and Cliff seems like a cool guy, but his argument about dedicated servers and the EU/UK being behind in broadband is factually inaccurate.

Broadband speeds in the UK and EU are pretty much on par or better than they are in the US. I am also able to play Halo Reach without problems so even off servers im pretty sure that netcode is the real issue with Gears MP...

The perks thing would also really suck, unless they also had better matchmaking which also kind of sucks in Gears 3.

Top Bottom