• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta stars on April 18th

bumpkin

It's a beta, game is half a year out. I have faith
It's not even just the graphical fidelity though IMO. After Del vaults over the cover and kicks the Swarm guy there is like this visible stop as the Swarm resets, stands idle, and then Del's kill animation starts. It's janky as fuck.

It's not even just the graphical fidelity though IMO. After Del vaults over the cover and kicks the Swarm guy there is like this visible stop as the Swarm resets, stands idle, and then Del's kill animation starts. It's janky as fuck.

I'm wondering if that's part of the animation or if they were doing it against an empty controller just to show off the knife mechanic. I would imagine there's got to be something the player can do during that pause because if there isn't then the vault kick is gonna be pretty OP. If that is just the animation though yeah that's pretty damn jank.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Looks a bit too much like Gears, honestly. I'm a huge Gears fan so I'll get it when it comes out but I'm not really liking how identical everything looks to the past games.

This series severely needs a shake up.

Looks a bit too much like Gears, honestly. I'm a huge Gears fan so I'll get it when it comes out but I'm not really liking how identical everything looks to the past games.

Its a sequel... its not like a spin-off in a different direction or a new IP. They got a new enemy type which they can do more with, I dont think it should stray too far, otherwise they might as well not call it Gears

Gurish

Did people give Uncharted 4 this much crap for its less stellar multiplayer graphics too? Damn.
U4's multi still looks good and modern, and it has some of the best animations around, so yea there is a big gap compared to the single but it still manages to look good.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Its a sequel... its not like a spin-off in a different direction or a new IP. They got a new enemy type which they can do more with, I dont think it should stray too far, otherwise they might as well not call it Gears

Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, 4 and 5 all have completely different feels to them.

That's what I wish would happen with Gears, I wish each game would feel completely new and different.

Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, 4 and 5 all have completely different feels to them.

That's what I wish would happen with Gears, I wish each game would feel completely new and different.

Well, Judgment tried that, didnt work.

Gears 4 has the CCC stuff, if it aint broke dont fix it, people got upset at a lot of the various Halo changes

This series severely needs a shake up.

Like judgment lol. People need to stop trying to turn gears into something else.

Top Bottom