• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta stars on April 18th

Theorry

I am about to boot up the game. That's enough to get access, isn't it? I don't want to start a multiplayer match and have it unlock an achievement. I'm not ready to try and run through the game and unlock all achievements.

Uhh i think that ended yesterday to get early access.

Theorry

q40oItT.gif

gfxtwin

GOW has one of my favorite single player modes in a TPS and the first game was so funny with how ridiculously macho the characters were and how few fucks they gave (chainsaw bayonets, morale being boosted by being told to "fight through the pain" when you get blasted by a shotgun and are bleeding out on the ground, haha).  I miss the campy aspect of the story.  When the campaigns tried to be more than that I started losing interest.  The trailer for this one makes it seem like the story is going to try to be serious and emotional again, so I'm not as hyped as I am for several other AAA games set for release this year and the next.  

That said, this gif:

Is enough to confirm that I will definitely play it at some point, haha

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That gif looks like a finisher to me, looks like the Y buttons for each gun are back, nice!

Edit: And as stated above, I'm getting so many Gears 3 vibes from that gif and the Rod vine above it. Oh yes.

I hope there will be an XB1 Elite bundle for this, I told myself that regardless of how far I get with my 360 backlog, I'm buying an XB1 for Gears 4. I want to go straight for the Elite controller as well with it.

I love the Gears of War community. I don't know any other set of gamers who are as passionate. It feels like a movement too, it's a bit underground.

It's a mainstream, billion dollar franchise that feels oddly niche.

Neogaf doesn't have a big Gears of War fanbase but it's great to see the same old faces turn up to talk. I salute you all my friends.

Here's to us!

Top Bottom