• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta stars on April 18th

But these creatures are some sort of evolved locust? I recall reading about the locust mass graves.

Couldn't agree more. If the same formula is repeated I'll buy the Season pass day one

They've kind of alluded to the fact the locust mass graves could have something to do with their appearance (or at least that's what JD suspects).

However, we don't know their origin yet... Unless I've missed something.

Defect

rod posted this on twitter

Ce3M31XWsAAPiQy.jpg

also, expect some mutiplayer beta previews before 18th april
Looks like a Brute from Halo.

I really don't understand the love for the locust design. The swarm isn't fantastic, but it's at least better than locust.

Besides, the whole locust race is dead anyway.

Looks great. Only 18 more days. I hope they don't put in full character customization, I've always though of the avatars in Gears to be similar to fighting game character where each one has a distinct personality, full customization might trample on that.

7.35GB or something like that. I'm hoping for 3 maps.

Looks great. Only 18 more days. I hope they don't put in full character customization, I've always though of the avatars in Gears to be similar to fighting game character where each one has a distinct personality, full customization might trample on that.

Either some kind of customization or a lot more skins for each character. It's kind of silly having 3 Coles running around looking the same. It's also harder to know who's who in your team if they all look the same. Sure, there is weapon skins and you can press LB, but a bit more customization wouldn't hurt. I don't see how that matters for the characters' personalities when they've already put in all sorts of ridiculous weapon skins.

Also, more cosmetic stuff they can sell should make the maps free. That's a really good compromise.

Do I already qualify for the Beta if the last time I played was in november/december, just to get the download codes for the old Gear games?

Zedox

I think they'll show a trailer for Multiplayer , a new Multiplayer mode, a Windows 10 release, and a Windows 10 beta (as it will definitely be needed).

I think they'll show a trailer for Multiplayer , a new Multiplayer mode, a Windows 10 release, and a Windows 10 beta (as it will definitely be needed).

It would be kinda weird for a multiplayer trailer to be called "The Nightmare Reborn", unless the entire trailer is focused on how they brought back the Gears 3 beta sawed off.

Zedox

It would be kinda weird for a multiplayer trailer to be called "The Nightmare Reborn", unless the entire trailer is focused on how they brought back the Gears 3 beta sawed off.

True. Oh and I heard that the PC beta has been confirmed ruled out (on gears forums).

Nazo

Wow. Lots of Betas and demos coming out lately. I like this new trend.

Actually looking forward to see how this game plays.

SwolBro

Banned
this beta will be the deciding factor if i purchase this game or not.

loved gears 1,
hated gears 2,
skipped gears 3.

Top Bottom