• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta stars on April 18th

Strootman

rod posted this on twitter

Ce3M31XWsAAPiQy.jpg

also, expect some mutiplayer beta previews before 18th april

That top one looks like a map so I'd guess it's the map and weapon selection.

The top one looks like map selection. The second one looks like the barrel of the lancer that the drone is holding.

No idea what the other two options are...

Love the look of the hardened skin.

Kordelle

In the meantime I'll be enjoying the lag-lottery over on UE - fingers crossed my shotgun works tonight!

Heard a few things online that it is very close to Gears of War 4 (G4 that is). I can't wait to have my sweet wall-cancel back.
What do you mean? Gears 4 versus is like UE?

Kordelle

Whoops, typo (which I have since corrected). The second paragraph should read that I have heard Gears of War 4 is more like Gears of War 3.

Sorry about that. :)
Ah ok the wall canceling sounded like that😁
That sounds cool, however I think the lags will stay forever sadly

angelic

Banned
From a team that can't send codes out if their lives depended on it, onto an infrastructure that only holds your messages for 30 days unlike every other messenger system ever, on a console that often doesnt get turned on for months, and a game that will be forgotten by everyone a month after its release when COD comes out, and even if its good (Im a big GOW: UE fan) then it leaves me waiting 6 months of agony. I can't get too excited. Especially if its good because then it sucks to see it leave til october.

Strootman

In the meantime I'll be enjoying the lag-lottery over on UE - fingers crossed my shotgun works tonight!

Heard a few things online that it is very close to Gears of War 3 (G4 that is). I can't wait to have my sweet wall-cancel back.

Gears of War 3 without sawed off, retro lancer, mantle kick, and with gow 2 maps quality level, it would be awesome.

angelic

Banned
Im not moist, generic soldier looking character with face stolen off the predator and 343 era Halo esque limited palette. Looks like a thawed out bbq rib holding a gun.

Gears of War 3 without sawed off, retro lancer, mantle kick, and with gow 2 maps quality level, it would be awesome.

I think Gears of War 3 had some crackers too. Checkout, Hotel, Old Town, Trenches, Azura etc. Not to mention the best versions of classics like Gridlock, Jacinto and Blood Drive.

But you're probably right, Gears of War 2 had the best overall.

UE has made me realise how much I hate the maps in the original. lol

Note how when a company takes over a franchise though they always f*** up the palette. This character is not a GOW character. Looks nothing like one.

What if he was grey? Would that have made it better?

Quick, someone photo shop this drone with the same color pallete as the drones in 1-3. thanks.

angelic

Banned
What if he was grey? Would that have made it better?

Quick, someone photo shop this drone with the same color pallete as the drones in 1-3. thanks.

Its just jarring when someone takes over a franchise and changes the style. I prefer bungie halo over 343 halo, i can see the same happening here.

m23

Its just jarring when someone takes over a franchise and changes the style. I prefer bungie halo over 343 halo, i can see the same happening here.

I mean it is a new studio, do you prefer they copy paste what Epic did? We've barely seen the game in action.

I think Gears of War 3 had some crackers too. Checkout, Hotel, Old Town, Trenches, Azura etc. Not to mention the best versions of classics like Gridlock, Jacinto and Blood Drive.

it also had the most maps at 29! i doubt we'll ever see another entry with so many maps.

Strootman

My fav maps: raven down (the best), canals, jacinto, blood drive, pavilion, security, old bones.

You should watch the latest video to come out of the Game Informer coverage.

A lot of ideas that Epic had been throwing around for Gears of War 4 have been repurposed for The Coalition's take on the series.

Monster designs were actually sent to Epic artists for their opinion and level designers from Epic have even come in to help out on levels.

All in a voluntary capacity of course because people at that studio still love Gears.

We'll never get what Epic envisioned but I think many people, myself included, are excited to see someone else take over.

Editing to add - I understand your fears though, fingers crossed they deliver.

it also had the most maps at 29! i doubt we'll ever see another entry with so many maps.

Gears of War 3 was a monster of game. Campaign, four-player coop, beast mode, horde mode and an enormous MP suite to top it all off.

In an era where we seem to be getting less for our money, that game delivered and then some.

My fav maps: raven down (the best), canals, jacinto, blood drive, pavilion, security, old bones.

Those were the days.

People glitching through spawn at Pavilion. What a time to be alive it was... after I had waited 15 minutes to get into a game and spawned without a gun. lol

angelic

Banned
Im not judging it (ho ho) before it comes out, im a gears fan, yes they have to push it forward but the locust dont look like that. I want the gears art style, and that meaty man is not it, not for me anyway.

I'll be buying it, just hope they get it right.

Im not judging it (ho ho) before it comes out, im a gears fan, yes they have to push it forward but the locust dont look like that. I want the gears art style, and that meaty man is not it, not for me anyway.

I'll be buying it, just hope they get it right.

Hashtag Hybrid :)

his gun looks like the locust AR

Rod Fergusson has confirmed the Locust are not in the game.

These new creatures are part of a faction called the Swarm. Apparently there's some really weird looking stuff we haven't seen yet too!

I think he's holding the lancer, could be wrong though.

Gears of War 3 was a monster of game. Campaign, four-player coop, beast mode, horde mode and an enormous MP suite to top it all off.

In an era where we seem to be getting less for our money, that game delivered and then some.

Also the only game that had a season pass that actually delivered better content.

GreyWind

Rod Fergusson has confirmed the Locust are not in the game.

These new creatures are part of a faction called the Swarm. Apparently there's some really weird looking stuff we haven't seen yet too!

I think he's holding the lancer, could be wrong though.

But these creatures are some sort of evolved locust? I recall reading about the locust mass graves.

Also the only game that had a season pass that actually delivered better content.

Couldn't agree more. If the same formula is repeated I'll buy the Season pass day one

Top Bottom